Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$28,000 a Night: Hotels Race to Attract Superrich Clientele

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Agreed.

Years ago they used to have special room service for the top suites from LeCirque.
Obviously that type of tradition left with the restaurant.
The should be able to do the same with their signature restaurant Villard.

Personally I don't see the appeal of these huge suites. For my needs a smaller suite at a better hotel works much better. I'd rather be down at Crosby Street Hotel or at the Four Seasons, MO, Pen, etc.. if I wanted to be in midtown.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Personally I don't see the appeal of these huge suites.
Neither do I.

I suppose they could be of interest for entertaining (events, product/service launch, promotion, etc) or for a large family that want to stay together.

In general though there are very few times I travel that I can even think to need more than 100 sq metres of space as a couple and less if by myself.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Neither do I.

I suppose they could be of interest for entertaining (events, product/service launch, promotion, etc) or for a large family that want to stay together.

In general though there are very few times I travel that I can even think to need more than 100 sq metres of space as a couple and less if by myself.
My wife sometimes complains in huge suites, that I don`t hear her when we at diifernt sites of the suite Over all I agree, you normally don`t Need 400 sqm. A Suite with 100 sqm (without outdoor space) is normally nice enough....

@ Palace: If a Hotel shuts down it`s 2 star Restaurant to try a new concept (i.e. cut costs) it tells me enough....

Last edited by offerendum; Jan 27, 2014 at 11:11 am
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:55 pm

Suite 5000 at MO NY seems much more appealing to me than both Ty Warner PH or Jewel Suite at the Palace, even though it's the same price (or at least marketed for the same price). But this suite is not on MOs website. Does anyone know why or the ins and outs? It was featured in Gallivanters as well as some websites. The design is way more contemporary compared to the rest of the rooms and suites.
http://luxpresso.com/photogallery-li...ite-5000/25998
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
The should be able to do the same with their signature restaurant Villard.
Villard got a pretty bad reviews: http://eater.com/archives/2014/01/14...el-richard.php

Last edited by Shangri-La; Jan 27, 2014 at 8:34 pm
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
I've never been. It looks like an obvious sign of cost cutting, which is not a good sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.