Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preparing for our Aman Indonesia trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I would largely agree with this. I am not sure where you are based, but if you go all the way to Indonesia, I would highly recommend visiting Ubud (and surrounding area) and Jiwo. Just such unique experiences. I personally also love Amandari, but could see merits for other properties in the area.
Im based in DFW. Its great to know that Im on the right train of thought to do the Indonesian Amans. Perhaps I can push the trip to 12-14 nights and do all 4 of the considered properties. Based on these replies Amanjiwo moves higher on my priority list and I will gladly add a couple of nights at Amandari if its recommended. Thank you for the replies!
FlyerEC and scented like this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by threepointkid
Im based in DFW. Its great to know that Im on the right train of thought to do the Indonesian Amans. Perhaps I can push the trip to 12-14 nights and do all 4 of the considered properties. Based on these replies Amanjiwo moves higher on my priority list and I will gladly add a couple of nights at Amandari if its recommended. Thank you for the replies!
Personally, I would skip the night at Nusa villas if needed. With respect to Amandari, I personally loved it. I also really enjoyed our stay at the FS Sayan in the Sayan suite and have had friends stay at the Capella and loved that. My personal recommendation would be to make sure to spend some time in the Ubud and surrounding area because it is special. Whereas the beaches in Bali are not the nicest in SE asia and so I would not look at is as a beach vacation per se.

Whatever you decide, your trip is long enough away where you have plenty of time to make refundable reservations and second guess yourself a million times!
Old Aug 17, 2023, 6:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Whatever you decide, your trip is long enough away where you have plenty of time to make refundable reservations and second guess yourself a million times!
I this is what Im going to keep in mind! They told me that Amanwana is only booking exclusively with the exception of discovery weeks, so perhaps I cant even visit it depending on the timing of things. Is there anywhere else youd recommend visiting in the area? Otherwise I will do Amanjiwo, Amandari, and Amankila.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 7:58 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
I this is what Im going to keep in mind! They told me that Amanwana is only booking exclusively with the exception of discovery weeks, so perhaps I cant even visit it depending on the timing of things. Is there anywhere else youd recommend visiting in the area? Otherwise I will do Amanjiwo, Amandari, and Amankila.
What is your draw to Wana? People go there mainly for the diving, if you were going looking for an island beach retreat I think you may be disappointed.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 3:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The draw is snorkeling and the remote/unique experience that the island appears to be. Ive never been anywhere close to this area of the world and hope to get a varied sampling of Indonesia.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 3:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Fly SQ
Jiwo then Aman Villas at Nusa Dua , Wana then Kila with lunch at Dari if not staying .. Just left Villas & at DEN for SIN now

Been in Bali since 8 August
Originally Posted by A4K
Have you ever been to Bali or plan to go back? If not I wouldn't skip Ubud completely, while the town itself is a bit of a touristy mess the area is the spiritual center of the island. Amandari is a much debated property on this thread but it might be my very favorite Aman, the sense of place is captivating.

But also don't fly all the way to Indonesia and skip Jiwo of course, central Java is so close but so different from Bali. Maybe budget a few more days, an Aman journey through Indonesia is tough to beat.
I’m based in DFW. It’s great to know that I’m on the right train of thought to do the Indonesian Amans. Perhaps I can push the trip to 12-14 nights and do all 4 of the considered properties. Based on these replies Amanjiwo moves higher on my priority list and I will gladly add a couple of nights at Amandari if it’s recommended. Thank you for the replies!
The draw is snorkeling and the remote/unique experience that the island appears to be. I’ve never been anywhere close to this area of the world and hope to get a varied sampling of Indonesia.
threepointkid , extending your trip to 2 weeks is a brilliant plan as you are flying in from DFW ..
FYI , the float / sea plane service to Wana has not resumed since borders reopened but negotiations are in progress . Hopefully all in good order by the time you fly to enjoy your Indonesian AMANs sojourn .
We stay at AVND usually before leaving Bali as it is closest to DEN , safest with the traffic jams , so as to stretch our stay at AMANs longer & lessen the possibility of missing the flight ( whether to Wana or further )
The float plane flies directly to the Wana jetty

Sometimes it may make sense to fly back to SIN to get to Bali before or after staying in Jiwo , might be faster .

Just remember Bali is more Hindu whilst Jiwo is on Java , more Muslims .. have different local holidays - holidays mean worse jams

Last edited by FlyerEC; Aug 17, 2023 at 3:48 pm
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:21 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
The draw is snorkeling and the remote/unique experience that the island appears to be. Ive never been anywhere close to this area of the world and hope to get a varied sampling of Indonesia.
Yes the snorkeling can be as good as the diving. And the island has hiking and wildlife opportunities. If it works out to include Wana, make sure to request the document with activities ahead of time.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:02 am
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

This is my thread! To think our trip was 9 years ago makes me a little sad. Since then weve had our third kid, have one kid starting high school and have no hope really of making the trek back unfortunately. Amanjiwo is definitely a special place. Pak bilal house is a great experience. I loved Amandari even though it often gets maligned but it was our first Aman, and we loved trekking through the rice paddies. Finally, I would love to go back to amankila and try one of the infinity pool suites.

we stopped in Harrisonburg VA last week and had nasi goreng that was absolutely delicious thiugh still not as good as at amandari. The ayam goreng at amankila was a highlight; one that the chefs at amangiri tried to recreate but paled in comparison.

fdw
SanDiego1K and United747 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 10:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
This is my thread! To think our trip was 9 years ago makes me a little sad. Since then weve had our third kid, have one kid starting high school and have no hope really of making the trek back unfortunately. Amanjiwo is definitely a special place. Pak bilal house is a great experience. I loved Amandari even though it often gets maligned but it was our first Aman, and we loved trekking through the rice paddies. Finally, I would love to go back to amankila and try one of the infinity pool suites.

we stopped in Harrisonburg VA last week and had nasi goreng that was absolutely delicious thiugh still not as good as at amandari. The ayam goreng at amankila was a highlight; one that the chefs at amangiri tried to recreate but paled in comparison.

fdw
Thank you for the excellent information and feedback. I think if I ultimately can get my picks of dates I will book 3 nights at Amanjiwo, 2 nights at Amandari, 3 nights at Amanwana, and 3 nights at Amankila. If Amanwana is not available I will supplement other nights in at the other resorts. The feedback on Amanjiwo makes me particularly excited to do this trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.