Reload this Page >

the luxury hotels of Prague

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Prague

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:40 pm

Staying at the Boho next week, will post my experience soon after!!!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Hello, does anyone have reports to share about the Boho hotel? Considering it for a two-night stay in August. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:59 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Has anyone here ever stayed at the Augustine, Luxury Collection? I’m wondering how it compares and contrasts with the FS, MO, and Aria hotels in town.

We’d previously stayed at the FS (upgraded to Presidential Suite), but the service wasn’t super impressive.

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:50 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
This is the review I wrote 6 years ago... it's now under the management of Marriott Luxury Brands, but we loved the hotel when we saw it. Don't know what they may have done with the rooms since 2013.

The Augustine

Formerly part of the Rocco Forte Collection, The Augustine is now an independent hotel, but it retains the design features of its Rocco Forte heritage — clean, contemporary interiors that harmonize well within the locally historical building in which they are housed. Housed in a 13th century monastery (and still adjacent to an active Augustinian monastery), this hotel opened 4 1/2 years ago in the "Lesser Town" of Prague (the castle side of the Charles Bridge). With just 101 rooms, every room of this boutique hotel is unique.

We loved this hotel and feel it is a quite successful adaptation of a monastery into a luxury hotel. Rooms are spacious, hallways are wide and attractive, and I loved the interior style of the guestrooms (hardwood floors and a color scheme using shades of green, olive, brown, and aubergine). We saw two Executive Rooms and liked them both. The bathroom in the first had a single vanity, step-in shower, and soaking tub ... while the other's bathroom had dual vanities and a shower in the tub ... so it's important to specify your preference when making reservations. The Classic Suite we saw was very large with its living room separated by closing doors from the bedroom; its bathroom had dual vanities, step-in shower, and soaking tub. With 28 lead-in Classic rooms and 42 second-category Executive Rooms, the chances of a Virtuoso upgrade would typically be very good at The Augustine.

We tried their restaurant, Elegantes, for dinner on Sunday night, and very much enjoyed our meal at this elegant, contemporary restaurant. Menu choices were healthy, beautifully prepared, and desserts were definitely worth the calories!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Has anyone here ever stayed at the Augustine, Luxury Collection? I’m wondering how it compares and contrasts with the FS, MO, and Aria hotels in town.
I was not fond of the hotel. I had used points for a king premium deluxe, possible under the Starwood program. It was a quirky configuration, not a great deal bigger than the bed. No upgrade was possible due to the hotel being full. Service was poor.

"Service was slow. It generally took an hour to get a bucket of ice. We called three times before the concierge called a restaurant to change the time we had booked. We were offered a pitcher of iced tea to replace a bottle of wine we were given, since we don't drink alcohol. It took over an hour to arrive, and was barely yellow. It was undrinkable. We were then offered a bowl of fruit that didn't arrive. After three hours, we had to remind the front desk."

You can read my full report here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post26957240

I would look elsewhere should I return to Prague.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:03 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was not fond of the hotel. I had used points for a king premium deluxe, possible under the Starwood program. It was a quirky configuration, not a great deal bigger than the bed. No upgrade was possible due to the hotel being full. Service was poor. You can read my full report here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26957240-post53.html

I would look elsewhere should I return to Prague.
I do remember your review. I also think that many people suffer poorer service at even good to great luxury hotels when they stay in the summer/at the height of tourist season in cities like Prague--something I'd never do. So I'm less worried about that issue. (Consider that @MacMyDay loved the Park Hotel Vitznau in early May but found service seriously lacking even there when they were back in July.)
Old Aug 14, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I have asked this question in the Bonvoy forum too but felt like some of the members in this forum might be well-placed to comment on the better rooms at the Augustine Prague.

I have a stay booked this month at the Augustine through a luxury travel advisor - it's a STARS rate, so it includes an upgrade, subject to availability. We booked a Junior Suite and two days ago the app showed an upgrade to a Classic Suite, which seems to be quite a bit larger at 50 m2 (JS is 42 m2). However, the app now shows our designated room as a Premium Castle View, which is listed as 38 m2. I can see from this thread that the Premium Castle View is generally well regarded, and the Augustine website oddly ranks the Castle view above the Junior Suite (haven't seen a hotel rank a non suite above a junior suite before). Can anyone speak from experience and say whether the Castle View rooms are a decent upgrade over the Junior Suite, as they seem to be smaller? I could always ask my travel advisor to push for the Classic Suite instead. We did ask for a nice view of the castle but it does seem like the Premium Castle View is in some ways a downgrade from the Junior Suite, as it is smaller.

The hotel website ranks the Junior Suite below the Premium Castle View, and the Classic Suite above the Premium Castle View, for clarity.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:09 pm

Any Recent Thoughts and/or Opinions?

I have been hit with an unexpected trip to Prague & Cluj-Napoca for early September. I need a hotel for Prague and would appreciate some advice. I've never been to Prague and only know of its hotels by what little I have read. This will be a business trip. I'll be interviewing & entertaining local artists for a visual arts publication and will need a hotel with a great bar & restaurant.

The Four Seasons still seems to be the current darling but I am far more intrigued by the Augustine and its beautiful bar. I would normally make a beeline to the Mandarin Oriental but the Prague outpost seems dull. Any thoughts and opinions?

I'm currently in Berlin and staying at the Hotel de Rome. I will be writing a review of the place as it's time I give back to the enormously helpful & thoughtful Flyertalk Luxury Hotel community.
scented and FlyerEC like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K
I recently stayed at the MO and really enjoyed it, but it's in a decidedly much quieter part of the city and the bar was pretty dead every night (though I enjoyed the empty bar vibe, it sounds like that's not what you're looking for). I chose it over the Four Seasons because I intentionally wanted to be secluded. The MO doesn't strike me as the obvious place to host/entertain people.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by wjbesh
I recently stayed at the MO and really enjoyed it, but it's in a decidedly much quieter part of the city and the bar was pretty dead every night (though I enjoyed the empty bar vibe, it sounds like that's not what you're looking for). I chose it over the Four Seasons because I intentionally wanted to be secluded. The MO doesn't strike me as the obvious place to host/entertain people.
Are they operating more than one F&B outlet now again?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by scented
Are they operating more than one F&B outlet now again?
Just the one when I was there.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm debating between the Four Seasons and MO Prague, for a 2 night stay with my wife, both using AMEX FHR. Four Seasons is about $150 more/ night than MO. Any thoughts on whether to go with the Four Seasons or MO? Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'm debating between the Four Seasons and MO Prague, for a 2 night stay with my wife, both using AMEX FHR. Four Seasons is about $150 more/ night than MO. Any thoughts on whether to go with the Four Seasons or MO? Thanks!
With only 2 nights go for the FS. Location will beat value.
obscure2k and MarkP24 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by erik123
With only 2 nights go for the FS. Location will beat value.
Thanks. Besides the location is the FS a better property (i.e. better staff....)?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Agreed. We had the great pleasure of staying here two summers ago and the staff could not have been kinder or more proactive. They literally ran to get me a to-go coffee on the day of our departure. The outdoor terrace with view of the castle for breakfast and dinner, the spa with talented therapists and sodashi products, and the talented chef all worked together to make it a very memorable stay. It was also a nice to surprise to learn that they were filming the Netflix movie, the Gray Man. We ran into Billy Bob Thorton and Chris Evans multiple times. They were polite and did not bother me for my autograph. Loved the location, though even if they were not perfectly located and were out of the center, we would still choose this property. If you do stay here, definitely take the guided boat ride.
Radiation Station and scented like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.