Wiki Posts
Search

Milan luxury hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:35 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
New York City had a massive terrorist attack on 9/11. That doesn't mean that anyone thinks that New York has a massive terrorism problem or that the downtown area that was attacked is generally unsafe.

The same is true about one raid at Milan's Central station many months ago.

I'll leave the paranoaia, fear, and prejudice for someone else to refute. I'm thoroughly disgusted.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by bhrubin
New York City had a massive terrorist attack on 9/11. That doesn't mean that anyone thinks that New York has a massive terrorism problem or that the downtown area that was attacked is generally unsafe.

I'll leave the paranoaia, fear, and prejudice for someone else to refute. I'm thoroughly disgusted.
If the massive police operation in Centrale was just a one off, why does that reputable left-wing newspaper claim that the operation was a response to the "widespread criminality" and "situation of degradation" of the area, which is predominantly inhabited by migrants?

I also find it disappointing (but not surprising) that you have chosen to address my factual claims by making ad hominem accusations at my character rather than argue the facts.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I think it goes beyond the scope of this discussion to get into an argument about refugees. Opposed to NYC this does not seem to be an isolated incident -- and @0bsidian should know as a former local. I don't believe anyone here would imply judgement, it was merely stated that around the area of the hotel there have been numerous problems with heightened police presence as a result. Security is paramount to many here, as are noise issues, just look at the several threads dealing with these issues. I can't see anyone showing prejudice.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Exclamation Friendly message from a moderator

This thread is devolving in to a political discussion. Please discuss Milan Hotels.
Posts which wander off topic will be deleted and those responsible for taking the thread off topic will face disciplinary action.
Thank you for your cooperation
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
That's exactly what I plan to do. I guess great minds think alike!
Did you go? How were Prices?

I´m (again)planning a trip. At the moment it´s between MO, Parigi and PH. My GF likes the rooms at Parigi (she loves white), if I can get a 3 for 2 promo it´s very good value. MO offers also 3 for 2, Mandarin rooms seems much better value than only 5 sqm bigger JS.

GF things PDS is grandma
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Did you go? How were Prices?
No, I changed my mind and decided to stick with Four Seasons.

I agree re PdS, also location is not the best. I would be glad to hear about Palazzo Parigi if you decide to try it.

If you can get 3 for 2 at MO, that could be the way to go. Especially if it works out to be good value for a spacious category.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

I agree re PdS, also location is not the best. I would be glad to hear about Palazzo Parigi if you decide to try it.
We will see.......
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub

If you can get 3 for 2 at MO, that could be the way to go. Especially if it works out to be good value for a spacious category.
It's probably irrelevant by now but I tried this property last June at the recommendation of my then travel agent ( now by ex-agent as this guy was a complete jerk but that's a story for another day ). Poor service, F&B and rooms nothing to shout about.

You can read about here :

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Lombardy.html

My goto-hotel for Milan is definitely still the MO. Love the hard product and it's true luxury, unlike the Palazzo which is just "faux luxury" and they have one of my favourite restaurant in the world, SETA.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Last edited by BENLEE; Aug 16, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Old May 29, 2019, 12:26 pm

We stayed one night in the PdS in January. The room and service were very good, although I can see why someone would call it a grandma hotel. I'm not a fan of the restaurant. The location was good for us - we arrived by train from Venice around noon and took the train to the airport early in the morning. In between, we took taxis to and from the Duomo area.

We're thinking of another Italy trip later this year and if we're flying from Milan I'd seriously consider staying there again for the combination of location and price. I just wish it had a better restaurant or there was a restaurant we wanted to try within walking distance. For a longer stay, I'd probably favor something more centrally located. I suppose even for a short stay we could have taken longer taxis rides to/from the train and had something within walking distance of things we wanted to see.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by richarddd
We stayed one night in the PdS in January. The room and service were very good, although I can see why someone would call it a grandma hotel. I'm not a fan of the restaurant. The location was good for us - we arrived by train from Venice around noon and took the train to the airport early in the morning. In between, we took taxis to and from the Duomo area.

We're thinking of another Italy trip later this year and if we're flying from Milan I'd seriously consider staying there again for the combination of location and price. I just wish it had a better restaurant or there was a restaurant we wanted to try within walking distance. For a longer stay, I'd probably favor something more centrally located. I suppose even for a short stay we could have taken longer taxis rides to/from the train and had something within walking distance of things we wanted to see.
We stayed here back in January 2018. Service is very good but the rooms need a renovation. They made my then 3 year old daughter feel very welcome. We had Sunday brunch and the breakfast buffet the next morning in the hotel restaurant. I thought the food was fine but not spectacular (though my appreciation for Italian food is very limited as I just found out from an Italian a few weeks ago that fettuccine alfredo is not an authentic Italian dish!). As I recall, the hotel offers frequent complimentary car service. Uber black is very easy to use. A Mercedes E class or similar to La Scala costs about 15€. By the way, the 2019-2020 season was just announced a couple of days ago.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:14 am

We had a lovely two night visit at the Park Hyatt Milan. The location was great, the room very fine and the staff were some of the best we've experienced.

The room was a good example of modern Italian, nicely done and well decorated. We had booked an executive suite (56 sqm) for base rate cash plus points. For some reason we were upgraded to the imperial suite, 175 sqm spread over six rooms (including a spa with massage table, treadmill and jacuzzi) and three bathrooms. Most of the extra room was a waste, but the parts we used were very nice. It had a shower with overhead and front spouts and a panel to control temperature, pressure, music, etc. I'm sure we'd have been more than happy with the room we booked.

They have a Michelin two star restaurant which was excellent. The food and service were extremely high quality. That it was truffle season no doubt helped.

Breakfast was delicious. Some of the items were as good as I've seen in a hotel breakfast and, again, the staff were fantastic.

It's located a short walk from the Duomo - just go through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele.

Our prior Milan visit was to the PdS (see above). It's not even close. Definitely were we'd stay the next time we're in Milan.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems Four Seasons Milano is doing renovations at the moment. Do anyone know when they renovate the rooms and how they will look like? Google wasn´t too helpful.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
It seems Four Seasons Milano is doing renovations at the moment. Do anyone know when they renovate the rooms and how they will look like? Google wasn´t too helpful.
They are redoing the entire hotel, including restaurant and public areas, using Patricia Urquiola, who designed their spa. The previous partial room renovation was by Pierre-Yves Rochon and was quite retro in style, but Urquiola is known to be more minimalist and contemporary, so it should be interesting. They are even changing the menus in the restaurant, so it's a complete rethink.
offerendum likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 3:04 pm

Park Hyatt Milan is also renovating. "In an effort to enhance the stay of its guests, Park Hyatt Milano will be undergoing a property renovation to upgrade its rooms and suites. The hotel will therefore be temporarily closed until 30 November 2021 included." Does anyone have any information?
Old May 27, 2021, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
They are redoing the entire hotel, including restaurant and public areas, using Patricia Urquiola, who designed their spa. The previous partial room renovation was by Pierre-Yves Rochon and was quite retro in style, but Urquiola is known to be more minimalist and contemporary, so it should be interesting. They are even changing the menus in the restaurant, so it's a complete rethink.
Yes, I read it. My problem is that I will be there end of July. They wrote they do the renovations step by step. MO is depending on dates 30% cheaper and Principe di Savoia half the price. Of rooms are freshly renovated I pay the price, no problem. For an old room (don't really like the old design) not. Would have liked to know it before I ask my agent, as other planning depends on it.

Interesting enough they are not available for 6 weeks around a months before I would stay, so could be a hot phase of renovations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.