Search

Milan luxury hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jiaotze
Boy, the prices of these properties are eye-watering.
Welcome to Milan these days. I didn't stay in one of these hotels. Wehen it comes to location I still think Casa Cipriani is my least favorite. Portrait and Bulgari are both good located while I prefer the Bulgari-location. But it also depends what's important for you.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:53 am
BLV

I was eager to check out Portrait Milan since I am a big time fan of Portrait Rome & Florence.

Rather disappointing. Huge property, you have to take different elevators to get to your room. Not as intimate as the other two, due to its size. The inner courtyard is very nice and location is smack in the middle of shopping. Food is ok.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by BLV
I was eager to check out Portrait Milan since I am a big time fan of Portrait Rome & Florence.

Rather disappointing. Huge property, you have to take different elevators to get to your room. Not as intimate as the other two, due to its size. The inner courtyard is very nice and location is smack in the middle of shopping. Food is ok.
Sorry to hear that. It looked promising. FWIW, my main issue with the FS Milan is that it's in the middle of shopping, which can make traffic very slow and sometimes even makes walking difficult due to crowds. Does the Portrait have the same issue?

I preferred Portrait Firenze to Portrait Roma, especially the food. Also, Portrait Rome messed up every transportation request we made.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:21 pm
BLV

richarddd I practically never eat in the Rome property but do enjoy the rooftop for drinks. They have a suite with a sauna, which I love, so always try to go for that one. Unlike Roma, where I am at least twice a year, I haven’t been to Firenze since NYE 2020 and thought that the restaurant was a bit underwhelming (perhaps considering what the city has to offer).

But either way, won’t be going with that property in Milan.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by BLV
richarddd I practically never eat in the Rome property but do enjoy the rooftop for drinks. They have a suite with a sauna, which I love, so always try to go for that one. Unlike Roma, where I am at least twice a year, I haven’t been to Firenze since NYE 2020 and thought that the restaurant was a bit underwhelming (perhaps considering what the city has to offer).

But either way, won’t be going with that property in Milan.
The only food I had at the Rome property was breakfast. The rooftop view is lovely. The Firenze property did a much nicer breakfast (selection and quality). Rome doesn't serve any other meals, but will deliver from local restaurants. The Firenze restaurant was a bit underwhelming compared to what the city has to offer, but it was perfectly adequate for an evening when there was pouring rain and we didn't feel like going out.

Is this the suite you mean https://www.lungarnocollection.com/p...cutive-studio/ ? We were thinking of that, but aren't really interested in a sauna. We thought the next smaller room size might have more non-bathroom space. I suppose we should have asked, but it was fine.

What's your next choice in Milan?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:46 am
BLV

richarddd - they have 2 suites with a sauna and one of them has the wraparound terrace directly below the rooftop bar. To me, the one without the terrace has a better layout. Some would find it inconvenient to have to go up/down stairs in order to hit the bathroom.

I haven’t thought about where to stay in Milan next time, which probably won’t be in at least 6 months. Perhaps MO? Casa Cipriani? No idea, honestly, as Milan is just a hub for the next/final destination for me.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BLV
as Milan is just a hub for the next/final destination for me.
In this situation I used Principe di Savoia. Half the rate of the competitors and nice enough for one night. Otherwise MO was fine.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:29 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by david22
Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
Originally Posted by offerendum
Originally Posted by david22
Okay, I booked an Executive Suite :-)
Looking forward for the report
same here!
Thanks! I will report back but it'll be quite a while! My stay isn't until April 2024. Perhaps there will be some feedback before then :-)
And I posted my review here now!

Casa Cipriani Milano
cornwall4000 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:19 am

Programs: Travel Agent for Four Seasons Preferred program, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, Rosewood Elite
Originally Posted by jiaotze
Resurrecting a thread that's been silent for a while. Any recent experiences for top hotels in Milan?

I'm looking for early March at Portrait, Bulgari, and Casa Cipriani for location, hard product, and nice breakfast. Bulgari is more our style decor-wise, but it's now over 10 years old and the bathrooms don't seem to have a whole lot of light. Portrait and Cipriani are new, but both have been designed by the same designer and feature a decor that is alright for us, but not overly exciting. Except for garden rooms/suites, the natural light in Portrait rooms seems very lacking. But the other spaces and the spa look very attractive. I like the boutique feeling of Cipriani, and the rooms/suites have a nice view of the park, but a lot of the reviews of this property have been pretty negative as of late (although everyone compliments the rooms). Boy, the prices of these properties are eye-watering.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.. Thanks!
My recent stay at the Mandarin was wonderful. From check-in through to the concierge and restaurant staff, everyone went out of their way to make us feel valued and provided stellar service - great customer care and service excellence...
Old Apr 21, 2024, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Phillbsb1979
My recent stay at the Mandarin was wonderful. From check-in through to the concierge and restaurant staff, everyone went out of their way to make us feel valued and provided stellar service - great customer care and service excellence...
Great data point. Thanks!

After much back and forth, we ended up staying at Portrait Milano, and for us it was a fabulous stay. The hotel itself is stunning, and it appears no expense was spared. It's in a great area and has a very fashion-oriented vibe, which was to be expected. I was not totally convinced by the decor of the rooms in the pictures on the website, but in person we were wowed. Originally we booked a Studio Deluxe Garden, as we enjoy a lot of natural light and a view. It must be said that if views are a deal breaker, this is not the hotel to stay at. We were generously upgraded to the Junior Suite Garden (the next level up from the Studio we booked would have been a Junior Suite, but they noted that I specifically wanted the garden view, so they did a double upgrade. Kudos to them for doing the right thing). Even so, apartment/office buildings next door could easily look into the room, so we kept the drapes largely closed. While it sounds like a minor thing, we really liked the electronics in the room, and found the switches extremely intuitive, which is certainly not the case with many places these days.

Breakfast was delish, with a buffet of fruits, numerous pastries, juices, chacuterie etc, with hot dishes ordered from the menu. Lunch for us was fine, but we enjoyed watching the clientele as much as the food (we admittedly aren't foodies, so I'm not going to focus on that aspect -- except that the pasta in bianco was very tasty, but was a very small portion for the price). We loved the pool area, which was empty whenever we went. Every person with whom we came in contact during our stay couldn't have been nicer, and in a very friendly but not obsequious way. I'm not one who needs to be addressed by his name, but everyone sure knew it after a couple of hours.

Yes it was expensive, but it was one of those times because of the generosity of the hotel and attitude of the staff that I felt it provided greater value and enjoyment than many properties at which I've stayed that may be modestly cheaper, but that I feel are ridiculously overpriced when I check-out. Of course YMMV, and I recall one other contributor here not being as impressed by this property.
offerendum and Phillbsb1979 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.