Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amangiri Trip Reports (combined threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amangiri Trip Reports (combined threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2023, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
I should clarify that while I’m afraid of heights, I thought this would be a chance to overcome it. I do like challenging courses in general.

Are you referring to the Antelope Canyon or are there other slot canyons I should visit. Do you visit anywhere else with the Navajo guide?
I have only a slight wariness when I'm on a suspension bridge or similar and have no problem climbing. I was still a bit freaked out. But each experience is unique. I do think you would be well served to explain your fear and intentions to the hotel when seeking guidance on the appropriate via ferrata. The guides are all really great. They work for a company that is contracted to Amangiri and has operations set up near the hotel.

I think we only did the slot canyons with our Navajo guide. I may be botching this a bit, but the local tribe(s) has exclusive rights to an area around Antelope Canon and certain other slot canyons nearby. We did a private tour and it was well worth it. There are also companies that do group tours but I don't expect Amangiri would recommend those.

We also did an off property hike that was pretty cool but don't remember exactly where we went.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:02 pm

I am seriously questioning whether I want to book a 2 night stay for my Birthday here in October or not. Rate is $4500 a night and the recent reviews seem terrible. Any recent input?
gudugan likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by off2rome
I am seriously questioning whether I want to book a 2 night stay for my Birthday here in October or not. Rate is $4500 a night and the recent reviews seem terrible. Any recent input?
I have 1-3 oktober booked at 4200$ a night which including taxes and fees is almost 11.000$ for 2 nights which is an absurd amount for a standard room, especially seeing the bad reviews lately. So I have similar concerns and low expectations, hope that will help.
Anyhow, it has been on my bucketlist for a long time, so I’ll go no matter the current reviews. Will report back here on the 4th of October, not sure if that helps you in any way? It might be in time to cancel your booking free of charge ?
gudugan likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Koen dc
I have 1-3 oktober booked at 4200$ a night which including taxes and fees is almost 11.000$ for 2 nights which is an absurd amount for a standard room, especially seeing the bad reviews lately. So I have similar concerns and low expectations, hope that will help.
Anyhow, it has been on my bucketlist for a long time, so I’ll go no matter the current reviews. Will report back here on the 4th of October, not sure if that helps you in any way? It might be in time to cancel your booking free of charge ?
Seems like we have back to back stays there. I’m checking out on 10/1.
Koen dc likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by jja34-1
I have only a slight wariness when I'm on a suspension bridge or similar and have no problem climbing. I was still a bit freaked out. But each experience is unique. I do think you would be well served to explain your fear and intentions to the hotel when seeking guidance on the appropriate via ferrata. The guides are all really great. They work for a company that is contracted to Amangiri and has operations set up near the hotel.

I think we only did the slot canyons with our Navajo guide. I may be botching this a bit, but the local tribe(s) has exclusive rights to an area around Antelope Canon and certain other slot canyons nearby. We did a private tour and it was well worth it. There are also companies that do group tours but I don't expect Amangiri would recommend those.

We also did an off property hike that was pretty cool but don't remember exactly where we went.
You aren't. The bulk of the slot canyons in the area are on Navajo (Dine') land, so yes the guides are Navajo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.