Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: points traveller
any suggestions for a biz hotel late January.

I arrive at 7am and leave 5 nights later. Plenty to seem to be offering 3rd night free. Happy to split my stay. was considering 4 seasons @ ten trinity
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
any suggestions for a biz hotel late January.

I arrive at 7am and leave 5 nights later. Plenty to seem to be offering 3rd night free. Happy to split my stay. was considering 4 seasons @ ten trinity
Does the business part have much impact on your decision, i.e. where you stay in London? I've said many-a-time before and will say again: I hate the location of Ten Trinity.

I would pick between:
  • The Connaught
  • The Beaumont
  • The Bulgari
  • The Lanesborough
January is one of the quietest months of the year in London, so I'm sure you'll get a good deal, but look over at the wonderful FHRNews for London, you can see what most of the offers will be. Generally speaking if FHR does not offer it, it will not be offered elsewhere either, although there are always exceptions. Most of the AMEX deals runs towards calendar end, so you may want to check against beginning of January for the latest deals.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Does the business part have much impact on your decision, i.e. where you stay in London? I've said many-a-time before and will say again: I hate the location of Ten Trinity.

I would pick between:
  • The Connaught
  • The Beaumont
  • The Bulgari
  • The Lanesborough
January is one of the quietest months of the year in London, so I'm sure you'll get a good deal, but look over at the wonderful FHRNews for London, you can see what most of the offers will be. Generally speaking if FHR does not offer it, it will not be offered elsewhere either, although there are always exceptions. Most of the AMEX deals runs towards calendar end, so you may want to check against beginning of January for the latest deals.
work is around london bridge/ southwark so location actually is ok for me!

yep have checked out FHRNews, and will keep an eye on Virtuoso. Thanks for rec's - will take a look.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Want to hear people's thoughts on Rosewood vs. Lanesborough for a biz trip. I have only stayed at the Lanesborough but am open to trying the Rosewood given I have meetings in the City.

Upside of the Rosewood is that I'll book through FHR ($100 f&b, shot at an upgrade) and it's close to my meetings where as Lanesborough it's through a company rate so now additional perks... I am torn to say the least
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:32 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by reigndrop
Want to hear people's thoughts on Rosewood vs. Lanesborough for a biz trip. I have only stayed at the Lanesborough but am open to trying the Rosewood given I have meetings in the City.

Upside of the Rosewood is that I'll book through FHR ($100 f&b, shot at an upgrade) and it's close to my meetings where as Lanesborough it's through a company rate so now additional perks... I am torn to say the least

Lanesborough is solid but I'd give Rosewood a try since it's a better location for you anyway. I have had good feedback on Rosewood...the only real complaints I've ever received was of Rosewood's location, but seems it won't be an issues for you, and actually an advantage.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:11 am

What BESVISOR said. Just pretend I said it and I sounded wiser than him.
chinmoylad, bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:08 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I can echo what both Mac and Besvisor said, but bear in mind that Besvisor's feedback came from ME! My stays at both the Lanesborough and Rosewood are great, but I much prefer the style of the Rosewood. We stayed in the Pearl Suite, which comes with superb butler service. FWIW: I didn't care for the breakfast in either hotel, but the decor in the mirror room was very nice. I believe you need a suite to eat there included with Virtuoso. Tip: Inquire about a paid upgrade when you check in.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub

Rosewood gave me the creeps. You can't even pay me to stay there again. Actually if it's a biz trip for meetings, I will choose a business hotel ( one of the 5star business hotel chains ) and save the money. Unless your company is paying for it!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Rosewood gave me the creeps. You can't even pay me to stay there again. Actually if it's a biz trip for meetings, I will choose a business hotel ( one of the 5star business hotel chains ) and save the money. Unless your company is paying for it!
Out of curiosity, what are you referring to as five star chain business hotel? Something like Intercontinental Park Lane?

I think Four Seasons Park Lane is ideal for business travel, especially if one’s company is paying for it!

I wonder if Claridge’s might be refurbished at some point. I had a great stay there long ago, but the rooms and suites could be updated.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Out of curiosity, what are you referring to as five star chain business hotel? Something like Intercontinental Park Lane?

I think Four Seasons Park Lane is ideal for business travel, especially if one’s company is paying for it!

I wonder if Claridge’s might be refurbished at some point. I had a great stay there long ago, but the rooms and suites could be updated.

Yup. Intercontinental, Grand Hyatt ( is there one in London? ), JW Marriott, sometimes Westin and the likes. Efficient 5star business hotel that get the basics right but stop short of top-notch luxury and pampering that are in the high end luxury properties. These are what I usually stayed in when on business trips. I personally find it not worth to spurge big bucks for luxury accommodation when on business trips where my focus is getting things done and have little spare time to enjoy myself like on vacation. YMMV.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:28 am

Yup. Intercontinental, Grand Hyatt ( is there one in London? ), JW Marriott, sometimes Westin and the likes. Efficient 5star business hotel that get the basics right but stop short of top-notch luxury and pampering that are in the high end luxury properties. These are what I usually stayed in when on business trips. I personally find it not worth to spurge big bucks for luxury accommodation when on business trips where my focus is getting things done and have little spare time to enjoy myself like on vacation. YMMV.
I totally agree. And even for personal/leisure travel I do not necessarily spend top dollar on every stay. In some places, a four star option that gets the basics right is better value than the top hotels. Especially if a busy schedule will mean little time at the hotel.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:40 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Rosewood gave me the creeps. You can't even pay me to stay there again.
I’d be very interested to learn what about the Rosewood London creeped you out! (Especially since there is going to be a second Rosewood there in Mayfair at the former US embassy!)
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:53 am

My go to business hotel in London is 45 Park Lane where I’ve been staying since 2013. More recently I have started staying at the Lanesborough too which I think is excellent but the hard product isn’t quite as good as 45PL especially as a separate shower is a non negotiable for me and lead in categories at the Lanesborough don’t have them unless you’re prepared not to have a bath at all. All rooms at 45PL have separate showers and are much bigger. I also really like being able to eat at the bar in 45PL rather than in a restaurant which is another advantage for me over The Lanesborough.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Claridge's has been been going through a refurbishment of their suites over the last 2-3 years and some of them are actually really nice. I believe the designer is the same as The Berkeley. Since the Qatari's bought Maybourne group (Claridge's, The Berkeley and The Connaught) a few years back, they have invested heavily into the infrastructure: The Berkeley currently going through an absolutely gigantic refurbishment with a new building being attached to it, along with having already rebuilt the entire ground floor; The Connaught having its restaurant refurbished for Jean-Georges and Claridge's is actually having an entire new floor added for a spa. With over 200 stays across Maybourne hotels, I get treated rather well across all properties, but I still don't care to return to Claridge's as it's just not my taste.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Claridge's has been been going through a refurbishment of their suites over the last 2-3 years and some of them are actually really nice. I believe the designer is the same as The Berkeley. Since the Qatari's bought Maybourne group (Claridge's, The Berkeley and The Connaught) a few years back, they have invested heavily into the infrastructure: The Berkeley currently going through an absolutely gigantic refurbishment with a new building being attached to it, along with having already rebuilt the entire ground floor; The Connaught having its restaurant refurbished for Jean-Georges and Claridge's is actually having an entire new floor added for a spa. With over 200 stays across Maybourne hotels, I get treated rather well across all properties, but I still don't care to return to Claridge's as it's just not my taste.
But which designer from The Berkeley? Paddy has used around 7 different designers to date. I even think he has employed a star name to redesign the broom cupboards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.