Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tel Aviv - What's the best choice?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by sgold88
Waldorf opening in 2014 in Jerusalem. Finally. Been building it for years
Shalom hotel is great in tel aviv. South beach Florida decor, modern and cheap.
Hopefully the Ritz and Waldorf can deliver true luxury to the country, and in turn, put pressure on other properties to raise their game.

Is the Four Seasons still working on a property as well?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:15 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
the people who run the Beresheet Hotel in Mizpe Ramon are opening in Tel Aviv soon... This summer I believe.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I've been hearing very good things about the Carlton lately. Has anyone else stayed there?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
IMO Tel Aviv lacks any true luxury hotel as you´d find them in other large cities such as NY, London, Paris etc.

The best hotel IMO is the David Intercontinental which is on the beach (or across the road to be exact), but is a bit further away from the busy parts of the beach (closer to Jaffa).

My 2nd choice would probably be the Dan Hotel followed by the the Hilton or possibly Isrotel or the Dan Panorama.

Can´t really comment on particular room categories at the Hilton, sorry..
I concur on all counts... no real luxury hotels in tel aviv like you'll find in Jerusalem, but some nice 3 star quality hotels on the beach like DI or dan
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
I concur on all counts... no real luxury hotels in tel aviv like you'll find in Jerusalem, but some nice 3 star quality hotels on the beach like DI or dan
I think calling the David Intercontinental or Dan Hotel "3 star properties" is a little harsh.

I´d personally give the former a solid 4*-4.5* rating and the latter a 4* rating.

IMO the David Intercontinental, where I´ve stayed quite a few times, is as good as most other IC hotels when it comes to rooms, facilities, dining, service etc., but it´s certainly not a 5* luxury hotel you´ll remember for the awesome experience. In a way it reminds of me of staying at the IC SYD - always pleasant, but severely overpriced.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:53 am

I think calling the David Intercontinental or Dan Hotel "3 star properties" is a little harsh.

I´d personally give the former a solid 4*-4.5* rating and the latter a 4* rating.

IMO the David Intercontinental, where I´ve stayed quite a few times, is as good as most other IC hotels when it comes to rooms, facilities, dining, service etc., but it´s certainly not a 5* luxury hotel you´ll remember for the awesome experience. In a way it reminds of me of staying at the IC SYD - always pleasant, but severely overpriced.
When I said 3-star quality, I meant that if it were in, say, London or Manhattan, it might only get 3 because of what it's near and what it's compared to, but in Tel Aviv, it could get 5 because there's nothing really that's better...
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
When I said 3-star quality, I meant that if it were in, say, London or Manhattan, it might only get 3 because of what it's near and what it's compared to, but in Tel Aviv, it could get 5 because there's nothing really that's better...
For example... would you consider the David Citadel in Jerusalem to be a 5-star hotel? It's very luxurious and exclusive, but 5 stars is pushing it
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:29 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Is The Norman the best in Tel Aviv? Anything else?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydakllon
Is The Norman the best in Tel Aviv? Anything else?
It depends on what you're looking for.

In my experience (and my clients would tend to agree) the Norman is the best hotel in TLV overall in terms of service and dining.

However, some people prefer to be on the beach, in which case I'd recommend the Dan Hotel or the David Intercontinental (the former is closer to the busy beaches while the latter is closer to Jaffa) - but neither necessarily qualifies as an overly impressive 5* hotel IMO.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Aug 30, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:59 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Thanks - Norman looks more what I'd be after. I assume the beach isn't too far away if we want to spend the day. Mostly will be in TLV for fun...
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydakllon
Thanks - Norman looks more what I'd be after. I assume the beach isn't too far away if we want to spend the day. Mostly will be in TLV for fun...
Correct - the beach is about a mile away from the hotel, so even within walking distance.

Some people prefer to be right on the beach or have a view of the Mediterranian ocean, but if that's not a primary concern, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Norman.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:43 am

I stayed at the Dan 2 years ago and the Norman a few weeks after opening. If the beach access is important obviously the Dan location will beat other hotels by far. But it is old, with very average service, and even the suites are rather disappointing when speaking about the hard product.

On the opposite the Norman is a gem with a lot of attention about details, many art pieces, it is also much smaller so obviously service is more personnalised. We were lucky enough to have the entire top floor with the 2 largest suites connected and I would not go back anywhere else.

I had put some pictures that you can find here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24094602-post45.html
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:28 am

Just leaving the Norman - it should/could be the best available but we have been very disappointed in service and management follow up. Our heat didnt work and the only people who showed up in the evening were bellmen plus one maintenance worker. It was never fixed after hours of waiting and nobody from any level of management followed up (despite assurances someone would) for 20 hours or so. As well, we have found the suite noisy, both from outside noise and terrible soundproofing with the room above.

It is a truly beautiful property and I wanted to love it, but function trumps form for me.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Stayed at the Dan last summer. Overpriced, run down and terrible service. Absolutely hated it. Also stayed the Ritz which isn't actually in Tel Aviv but like 20 min outside the center in Herzliya (spelling?). The hotel and rooms were beautiful but the experience and service there were garbage as well.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mickidon
Just leaving the Norman - it should/could be the best available but we have been very disappointed in service and management follow up.
As well, we have found the suite noisy, both from outside noise and terrible soundproofing with the room above.

It is a truly beautiful property and I wanted to love it, but function trumps form for me.
That's too bad. I agree the Norman has the potential to be the best hotel in Tel Aviv - outstanding property, unique and spacious rooms/suites, excellent dining options, limited number of rooms/suites which would allow them to be a true luxury boutique hotel.

I've had good service at the Dan Hotel, but most of the rooms are rather unimpressive and dated.

I've also had decent stays at the David Intercontinental - nothing extraordinry, but similar rooms / service as I've received at many IC hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.