Trip Report: Dorado Beach Ritz Carlton Reserve

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: Dorado Beach Ritz Carlton Reserve

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
This is not specifically about this Ritz, but the San Juan Ritz.

I am a big Ritz fan, and my one and only stay at the San Juan Ritz was dreadful. I won't go into details, but it was the pits.

I continue to stay at other Ritz properties, but never again in San Juan.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Has anybody stayed here more recently ?
Have the issues been ironed out ?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
I was there in June and my cousin this month

Resort is stunning but there are pretty serious issues with the service here
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
We just returned recently from 5 days at Dorado Beach. Aside from some dismal weather, we had a very nice stay. We were in an East Beach Plunge pool room which was lovely and very private. The hard product at this resort is fantastic. The beach is very nice. The food at Mi Casa is very good and it is fine at the other restaurants.

I found the service, for the most part, to be good. I would say that it is the best service we have encountered in the Caribbean, but it falls well short of the service at FS Punta Mita and Hualalai. They didn't blow anything super big, but they make a lot of little mistakes. I found most of the employees to be quite friendly.

For the price we paid which was quite reasonable, I would certainly return. One reason is because getting there is so easy with no customs and only a 30 minute ride from the airport.

There was one thing that I found slightly annoying. They will not let you use the spa facilities unless you have a treatment scheduled despite the fact that they charge a $95 a day resort fee.

Interestingly, I tried to negotiate an upgrade to a pool suite since very few of them appeared to be occupied and they wanted an extra $1600 a night which was actually more than the difference in the room rates! That seems a little short sighted.

All in all, it was a nice trip. This resort far exceeds any other Ritz Carlton Beach resort that I have seen.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:06 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Happened to see this

Travel Window: October 1, 2018 through December 15, 2018
Booking Window: June 1, 2018 through December 15, 2018
  • Daily Continental Breakfast for two
  • Waived daily $95 resort fee
Rates start at $499 in October, which in the lowest I've ever seen this hotel (factoring in the waived resort fee and daily breakfast)

FDW
callmedtop and bhrubin like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:38 pm

We are starting a cruise (SeaDream) in San Juan, and wanted to know if RC Dorado Beach is still the best place to experience this island? Thank you!
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Happened to see this

Rates start at $499 in October, which in the lowest I've ever seen this hotel (factoring in the waived resort fee and daily breakfast)

FDW
And that you will ever have seen......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.