Luxury Hotel in Buenos Aires-Worth It?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
PH is very nice.Just skip rooms in the new building,those suck.Great rooms in the old building,nice pool,great service.Food was also good,with some very decent wines available.
A very pleasant place to spend few days while having fun in BA.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
PH is very nice.Just skip rooms in the new building,those suck.Great rooms in the old building,nice pool,great service.Food was also good,with some very decent wines available.
A very pleasant place to spend few days while having fun in BA.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
The new wing , really ?

We occupied 3 corner rooms / suites on the upper floors in the new wing & they were good , glad we did .
If one had to stay in a PH , this is a passable one for this thread
Plus great views. , across to the old wing as well as the Vatican embassy / mansion next door , etcetera .

If we return we will stay in the same .
Wasn ‘ t a nice view from the old , though the rooms were “ different “ .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Dec 7, 2017 at 6:59 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Maybe there are some top suites in the new building that are decent.I only have experience of el cheapo JS rooms - and the ones in the old building are wastly superior.High cellings and overall nice vibe.

Regards,

El Peurco Volante
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:17 am

Buenos Aries top hotels

Can't decide on which hotel, 4 Seasons or Hyatt as we have 4 days during December when it is hot.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
These two aren't the only top luxury hotels in BsAs. There's the Avelear Palace, new modern place down in Puerto Madre, etc. although I'm personally a fan of the PH. It's a stunning building with a beautiful courtyard which is a magical place to sit for a meal or a drink. The indoor pool is also very pleasant, but in summer would you want a hotel with an outdoor pool?

However, don't expect the same standards of service that you would find in a truly top hotel in a city such as Paris or Tokyo.

What will you be doing during your stay? Have you thought about the location you would prefer?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
I was in the same predicament as you and opting for the Park Hyatt due to the advice given on this forum.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Park Hyatt is still my favorite. Love the garden.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:49 pm

The first day we want to just chill as will come off a long flight that is why we wanted an outdoor pool.
The other days we will tour.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:10 pm
dr

Has anyone had any luck with Air BNB?
Any recs welcome - Specific places or parts of town would be awesome
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:17 pm

Hubby and I stayed at the Hub Porteno last Feb/March upon arriving and departing from our trip to Argentina. It is a very small boutique hotel, so no room service, restaurant or pool. Rooms were quite spacious, big closets, showers and a tub. Rooms were very quiet and they served a lovely made to order breakfast. It was just around the corner form the Park Hyatt. We are scheduled for another trip in April and am now thinking abou the Park Hyatt instead, to compare the big luxury hotel with the smaller boutique experience.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
My choices (Corp rate) are Hilton or FS. I was told Hilton was a dump so going with FS
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Boraxo
My choices (Corp rate) are Hilton or FS. I was told Hilton was a dump so going with FS
The Hilton isn’t what it used to be, so I rarely use it nowadays. For some years now the Park Hyatt is my default choice even as the FS is good too.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
What's the ranking of Buenos Aires hotels these days?

Park Hyatt still #1 ? I have stayed there 3x, was looking to brand out next time. Considering Four Seasons, Alvear Palace, Faena. Are there any others I should be looking at? How do those three stack up? Are they all significantly worse than the PH and I should just stick with what works? Thx!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I think this thread is still valuable:
Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:52 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Park Hyatt still #1 ? I have stayed there 3x, was looking to brand out next time. Considering Four Seasons, Alvear Palace, Faena. Are there any others I should be looking at? How do those three stack up? Are they all significantly worse than the PH and I should just stick with what works? Thx!
Personally, we preferred the Alvear for its true and amazing sense of place, incredible service and F&B, and beautiful rooms and suites (especially those on the top floors). But the PH is also a very nice option for those who prefer a more modern and streamlined sensibility, perhaps caring a little less about sense of place or for anyone with WoH Globalist status. It's a nice PH--though getting a bit dated from what I've seen.

We despised the Four Seasons. It felt like it could have been anywhere unless you're in the Mansion. We weren't overly impressed with the service or F&B, either.

Those 3 hotels are just a few blocks from each other. The Alvear is slightly more convenient for the Recoleta and Palermo areas of the city, but the location is good for all of them.

The Faena is a very W/Edition-esque chic design hotel with a high energy and beautiful people crowd. The club and pool and dining there are great if you like the higher energy/club scene or prefer a very chic and youthful ambience. It's a 15-20 min drive from the other hotels, closer to the Puerto Maldonado section of town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.