Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotel in Buenos Aires-Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It depends on your own style and what you prefer. I suspect that most of the suites in the Tower building are significantly larger but YMMV. The main concierge seems to be located in the new building too, which seems to make sense since that's where the majority of the rooms are located. I'm not sure there's anything below junior suites in the Palace side.

BTW there should be a master thread devoted to the PH in the Hyatt forum here.
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
How is the Alvear Art hotel?

It is quite a bit cheaper than the mentioned ones and is part of LHW.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:55 am
Suspended

Have a pretty lengthy stay (for me) in BA next month.

Confirmed at Park Hyatt for 3 nights. I need a place to stay before and after the Park Hyatt visit.

Algodon Mansion...place to be?

Alvear looks way too old-school.

Not too interested in Faena, despite being obsessed with the MIA property..
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:06 am

Confirmed at Park Hyatt for 3 nights. I need a place to stay before and after the Park Hyatt visit.

The Four Seasons is certainly a possibility. FYI, it's in the same locale as the Park Hyatt and Alvear Palace
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

What's your objective with the changing of hotels?

I stick to the Park Hyatt there as much as I can.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by laf747
The Four Seasons is certainly a possibility. FYI, it's in the same locale as the Park Hyatt and Alvear Palace
Four Seasons BA gets very little love in this forum, for reasons I don't completely understand, but my wife and I quite enjoyed our stay there. Pool area is a great benefit when the weather is nice.

Regards
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Four Seasons BA gets very little love in this forum, for reasons I don't completely understand, but my wife and I quite enjoyed our stay there. Pool area is a great benefit when the weather is nice.

Regards
I personally have only stayed at the Alvear Palace and the Park Hyatt and I much preferred the Park Hyatt but I know people who stayed at the Four Seasons and enjoyed their stay there. They also mentioned how much they enjoyed the pool area
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
I think part of it is that the Four Seasons BA used to be the Park Hyatt and isn't all that better as a Four Seasons than it was as a Park Hyatt. And the current Park Hyatt is better in various regards, with the major exception being that of the outdoor pool area.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
What's your objective with the changing of hotels?

I stick to the Park Hyatt there as much as I can.
A few reasons...I'm there not just to tour, see, and eat...but to check out hotels for clients/potential clients. So, I always like to see more than one property during a trip.

I'm alone for almost a week then my wife is flying down to meet me.

So, right now, I looks like 3 nights Four Seasons, then switch to the Park Hyatt, then 3 nights ???? Wife likes the look of Algodan.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Perhaps recce more hotels before or while at PH . Then decide if just to stick with PH or switch to it earlier ..
Really enjoyed staying in the tower side ( new wing ) corner & on the higher floors . You overlook the mansion , gardens , Vatican embassy , etc . Or if you decide to stay longer at PH try both , the mansion & tower .
Perhaps , for us , even more pleasant being in December .

Hope you get to see more of Argentina .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Mar 18, 2016 at 1:38 pm
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Perhaps recce more hotels before or while at PH . Then decide if just to stick with PH or switch to it earlier ..
Really enjoyed staying in the tower side ( new wing ) corner & on the higher floors . You overlook the mansion , gardens , Vatican embassy , etc . Or if you decide to stay longer at PH try both , the mansion & tower .
Perhaps , for us , even more pleasant being in December .

Hope you get to see more of Argentina .
I try to stick to one hotel, but on a trip that has more business leanings, I don't mind switching...so long as it's not every night (or every other night). 3 nights here and 3 nights there doesn't bother me. Furthermore, I often stay at ONE property and site others, but I'm so busy during the day here I can't make that work this time around.

My wife does want the PH, so I may simply extend, but I hear SUCH great things about Algodon that I'm quite interested.

Will see more of Argentina, as we're working in a Patagonia element.

Thx for your advice!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you must switch hotels, there are some interesting boutique properties in Palerma, Soho, etc. areas. [IIRC one that looked good is named something like BoBo.] I'd do that for the contrast rather than Four Seasons; for a single night, you can take a bit of a risk. Depending on your schedule and early check in and late check out possibilities at the PH, it could make sense to pick a more modest place for just an overnight sleep at the beginning or end of your stay.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
We stayed at the Four Seasons BA in early January. I had not been for a number of years, but had been before as FS and PH before. It has just undergone a multi million dollar renovation. The lobby from my point of view was not great - actually kind of unattractive. However our corner 1 bd suite overlooking the garden and mansion was very nice. Bathroom had step tub and shower but same old tile. Service was great once we got there. Trying to communicate via email prior to our stay was min 72+ hours turn around. The outdoor space is nice in good weather with a small outdoor pool. The location is good but slightly off.
Our friends stayed in the Alvear Palace as had never been to BA and were anxious to try the old world hotel. Having stayed there before I was skeptical. After seeing their room I would definitely opt for the Four Seasons. Although the Alvear is in a slightly better location, the rooms and outdoor space are nicer at the FS. Restaurant Elena at FS is a more modern steakhouse is also quite good. Rooms at the Alvear remain a little worn comparitively, but I will say the lobby and bar are beautiful, and the location is terrific for that area.
We had a drink at the PH. Might try that next time as the location just a couple of blocks better than the FS, but no outdoor pool which is too bad. Minot sure about the rooms as did not ask to see.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
some interesting boutique properties in Palerma, Soho
even like soho house http://oasiscollections.com/members-clubs/ (now in rio too)
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Larkin
We stayed at the Four Seasons BA in early January. I had not been for a number of years, but had been before as FS and PH before. It has just undergone a multi million dollar renovation. The lobby from my point of view was not great - actually kind of unattractive. However our corner 1 bd suite overlooking the garden and mansion was very nice. Bathroom had step tub and shower but same old tile. Service was great once we got there. Trying to communicate via email prior to our stay was min 72+ hours turn around. The outdoor space is nice in good weather with a small outdoor pool. The location is good but slightly off.
Our friends stayed in the Alvear Palace as had never been to BA and were anxious to try the old world hotel. Having stayed there before I was skeptical. After seeing their room I would definitely opt for the Four Seasons. Although the Alvear is in a slightly better location, the rooms and outdoor space are nicer at the FS. Restaurant Elena at FS is a more modern steakhouse is also quite good. Rooms at the Alvear remain a little worn comparitively, but I will say the lobby and bar are beautiful, and the location is terrific for that area.
We had a drink at the PH. Might try that next time as the location just a couple of blocks better than the FS, but no outdoor pool which is too bad. Minot sure about the rooms as did not ask to see.
I would avoid the Alvear. Of the FS and the Park Hyatt, I personally would choose the Park Hyatt, though the Algodon looked nice last time I was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.