the luxury hotels of Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by dhuey
I'll put in a plug for Palazzo Venart Luxury
I had dinner there which was great. I can imagine it's also a good place to stay.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by offerendum
I had dinner there which was great. I can imagine it's also a good place to stay.
Indeed it was. This was my room - the cheapest type.

offerendum and Annalisa12 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I was pleased to see Ai Cavalieri on the list. Of all of the hotels in which I have stayed in Venice, Ai Cavalieri is my favorite. The location is quiet and convenient, the service outshines the Gritti and the only reason it is only 4 stars is the lack of a full service restaurant, They serve a nice breakfast and the bar is open in late afternoon and evening for light meals.
Booked 2 nights at Ai Cavalieri next week. Looked great and the cost of a suite was great. Your review here sold me on it.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
Booked 2 nights at Ai Cavalieri next week. Looked great and the cost of a suite was great. Your review here sold me on it.
I did the same for October. Will report back.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:04 am

Heading to the Gritti Palace next week, first time in Venice, has anyone gone to the spa at any of the top hotels in Venice? Id like to get a massage one day. Maybe Aman?
FlyerEC and smichelm like this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:09 pm

So after a lot of umming and errign over hotel choices, finally settled on first night in a canal view suite at Palazzo Sant Angelo. The quieter location and solid front on canal views in bedroom and living room sold me. Second night just in a standard room at Gritti Palace (the suites were starting at nearly 4k euros?!) and hope for an upgrade as a Bonvoy Plat.

It's for a birthday and our first time to Venice, so I hope this does the trick and something we'll both remember.
smichelm likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:58 am

Was at Gritti this past weekend for 4 nights, service is phenomenal. Everyone knew my name by 2nd day, which is impressive with in an 80 room hotel. Concierge was able to help us get opening night tickets at La Fenice opera. Just a very good experience.
SanDiego1K, smichelm and scented like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:14 pm

I must echo the above comment, stayed just 1 night at the Gritti to celebrate a special birthday and it was a remarkable and mesmerizing 24 hours. From the lovely upgrade to them already knowing our names and faces, everyone saying hi from breakfast to concierge to the bar. Truly special.

I will say the first night at Palazzo Sant Angelo, whilst nice, the room was extremely smaller than I had envisioned by having their top suite... I was almost sure they put us in the wrong room but no that was the top canal suite and the top room in the hotel. Still, they were very kind and breakfast was fine. Location is super and you get a free welcome drink which was nice.
smichelm likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat *G/DL Plat/Marriott Ti/WoH Glob
Originally Posted by neuman101
Was at Gritti this past weekend for 4 nights, service is phenomenal. Everyone knew my name by 2nd day, which is impressive with in an 80 room hotel. Concierge was able to help us get opening night tickets at La Fenice opera. Just a very good experience.
+1 to this sentiment. The Gritti remains one of the most memorable luxury hotel experiences of my entire life. Concierges are amazing, and the omnipresent GM Paolo Lorenzoni is a gracious steward of the property. We received an above and beyond upgrade to a Patron Suite (during the film festival!!!) while staying on points in an entry level room. I’ve never seen hotel staff bend over backward just because I politely asked.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:19 pm
BLV

Can anyone please share an email for the concierge at Aman Venice? I need to arrange a few things before our arrival next month. Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:41 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BLV
Can anyone please share an email for the concierge at Aman Venice? I need to arrange a few things before our arrival next month. Thanks!
[email protected]
BLV likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I'm off to Hotel Danieli next May. Hotel looks stunning.
corky likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 3:00 am

We recently stayed at the Ai Cavalieri and recommend it. Have stayed at the Danieli before and we visited the St Regis for a drink.

Plusses are location - which is sufficiently away from St Marks Sq. and the hordes. They have their own dock for water taxis. Rooms vary quite a bit so best to decide your preferences. Our terrace room was in the attic and required one set of stairs. We very much liked the layout, size, amenities, and style (not overly classic) and the smallish terrace was private, overlooking the rooftops of the city. They gave us very good recommendations for dinner - paying attention to what was asked for. E.g. when I requested something lively, fun, easy they suggested Osteria al Portego which was a hit, dirt cheap and highly recommended. The public areas are nice but not as special as the top end hotels. Very good value as well.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any thoughts on the St Regis in Venice? Would you choose it over Gritti Palace?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:59 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by corky
Any thoughts on the St Regis in Venice? Would you choose it over Gritti Palace?
There are a few rooms at St Regis that have outdoor space that I have always found to be a reasonable cost compared to some of the more basic rooms at Gritti Palace
corky and david22 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.