Search

Park Hyatt Prive

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2011, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Park Hyatt Prive

Just to announce here -

Park Hyatt have joined the preferred partner ranks with FS, MO etc.

Now when you book through a preferred agent of the Hyatt Prive - I am sure there are a few on here including me.

Comp Breakfast, late 4pm checkout, pre-arrival concierge services and comp internet for one device.

If I get any more I will update here.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no upgrade?

park hyatt or all hyatt?

internet ^

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 11, 2011 at 10:47 am
Old May 11, 2011, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bear in mind that all Hyatt elites already get free internet, and Hyatt diamonds get free breakfast. Plus I expect that anyone who asks will get pre-arrival concierge services. So unless there's more, this is not such a big deal.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

platinum = 5 stays / 15 nights / $75 per year for US credit card
diamond = 25 stays / 50 nights

i must have missed where ajinlondon claimed this was "such a big deal"

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm
Old May 11, 2011, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, BD
with the upgrade agents will have access to an amenity program which is co-ordinated via key staff at the hotels, so I would imagine the upgrade potential will be increased via the communication chain and in recognition of the program rather than a specific benefit listed. But will have to wait and see
Old May 11, 2011, 7:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
platinum = 5 stays / 15 nights / $75 per year for US credit card
diamond = 25 stays / 50 nights

i must have missed where ajinlondon claimed this was "such a big deal"
He didn't say it, that was my comment. Did anyone attribute it to him?

Note that the $75 a year credit card currently comes with a $900 hotel credit and/or 2 free nights (I haven't been following which in detail), so this year, anyone with a decent credit rating can not only be plat, they can make a fair profit on the process.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
so this year, anyone with a decent credit rating can not only be plat, they can make a fair profit on the process.
Well, anyone who lives in the US. Which does exclude quite a few people ....

Prive is aimed at the sort of customer who books the best hotel in the place they are travelling, regardless of loyalty scheme etc. Like me, often. I have no Hyatt status at all and can't get the US credit card. If I go to, say, Moscow where the PH is probably the best hotel in town, then this programme has value to me.

It also, simply by existing, helps imply to travel agents and prospective guests that Park Hyatt is now on a par with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental etc. Which, to be fair, it is getting close to being.
Old May 13, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Raffles
[snip]

It also, simply by existing, helps imply to travel agents and prospective guests that Park Hyatt is now on a par with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental etc. Which, to be fair, it is getting close to being.
...outside of North America, that is. And though I like Park Hyatts, I am not sure they are properties of choice in cities where there are options. Sure, great in Moscow or Baku - but Tokyo/Paris/etc., they are still a cut below the FS, MOs or Peninsulas.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA *Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Wyndham Diamond, Accor Gold
Thumbs down

I had to chime in here. As a travel consultant that's part of Prive, I kind of got screwed thinking Park Hyatt Prive was the a program that will put Hyatts on par with Four Seasons, etc.

Prive benefits are available ONLY to RACK RATES.

From the Terms and Conditions:

Offer available for stays booked and completed at participating Park Hyatt hotels between 6/1/11 and 5/31/12, booked at Rack/Bar rates. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers or discounts.
Please be advised that not only do you have to book through a Park Hyatt Prive, you ALSO have to book a premium rate. Who pays RACK RATES at a Park Hyatt?! There are so many promotions out there. Any travel consultant booking you at rack rates isn't doing you a favor.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Hsuit; Oct 7, 2011 at 8:36 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:04 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I don't really know anything about the program, but what you quoted above says rack and BAR, which stands for Best Available Rate.

Not sure why you are huffing and puffing so much.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by ABG
I don't really know anything about the program, but what you quoted above says rack and BAR, which stands for Best Available Rate.
Correct - BAR (also sometimes called the 'Hyatt Daily Rate' would serve to exclude chain-wide discount rate prograns (AAA, AARP, Costco, etc)., as well as nonrefundable advance-purchase rates.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Oddly (or not), you can get the same benefits PLUS an upgrade and a decent amenity via Amex FHR. Last one I booked (PH Hamburg) was at BAR, but this was only about Euro 20 more than the cheapest cancellable rate anyway and I got breakfast, 1/2 bottle wine, a plate of tapas in the restaurant, 4pm check-out and a good upgrade.

Hard to see why PH Prive is worse than Amex FHR.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

like most hotel programs (RC, MO, OE, rosewood, sofitel) you combine for additional benefit - in this case internet (vs virtuoso and plat FHR)

FSPP (and montage alliance?) are unusual in that they include amenity

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 9, 2011 at 3:27 pm
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Park Hyatt Privé has been discontinued

Just saw this on the Park Hyatt Privé website. This does not affect amenities with any Park Hyatt hotels that you can book through Virtuoso, Signature, FHR, etc. Seems they quietly discontinued the program about 6 weeks ago...

PARK HYATT PRIVÉ UPDATE

Thank you for visiting the Park Hyatt Prive website. As we continue to develop our strategic programs for our guests and travel partners, we are continually looking to evolve and ensure we are delivering the best experiences at each brand touch point. After substantial research and feedback, our direction will be to develop a new, flexible and comprehensive Hyatt Travel Advisor Program that provides offerings for all brands. To continue development of this direction we will be terminating the Park Hyatt Prive program in its current format and further leverage best practices into the structure of a new Hyatt Travel Advisor Program.

As of September 1, 2013, the Park Hyatt Prive travel program will be discontinued. Access to the Park Hyatt Prive site will be removed, however access to hyatttravelagents.com will continue.

Any agreement your consortia has negotiated with any Park Hyatt Hotels will be unaffected.

As we work toward building an enhanced program, please reach out to your regional Hyatt account directors and hotel sales contacts for assistance with special VIP requests.

We are excited to focus our efforts going forward on a comprehensive program that will better suit the needs of all of our advisory partners.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:51 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I have been told from sources within Hyatt that they are conducting focus groups currently with the aim of widening the scope of the program to encompass more than the Park Hyatt brand. If Corporate decides to move forth they hope for sometime next year....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.