Adults Only or "very few kids" Carribean/Mexico early November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adults Only or "very few kids" Carribean/Mexico early November

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:30 pm

Thanks DavidO

We are in Southern California so would fly out of LAX. In the next few weeks Virgin America will begin non-stop out of LAX direct to CUN. Unfortunately, its not easy to transfer miles into VA at this point and that is a deal breaker for me.

The Rosewood Mayakoba is my first choice, while my wife is leaning towards Hawaii. Hawaii is great, but rooms at any hotel on the Islands simply don't stack up with the 5 star resorts in Mexico.

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:54 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Why not Rosewood Cabo Kovets? Much easier flight.

They will probably extend the "More Rosewood" free night promotions into November (except thanksgiving) for both Mayakoba and Ventanas. Book with a Rosewood Elite Travel Agency to ensure your booking gets moved over to that promotion when and if it does happen.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting benefits http://www.paulklein.com/hotels/rosewoodelite/
Pre-registration of Elite clients.

No-relocation policy for Elite clients.

Top-of-waitlist Elite priority in high demand periods.

Elite Price Assurance: If a special offer is developed after a reservation is confirmed...Rosewood will extend better value upon request.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:38 pm

I've been to Cabo many times ... while the hotels certainly are comparable, the beaches and ocean are not.

(Sorry to OP for hijacking the thread)
Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
We loved FS Costa Rica - didn't find place to be overrun with kids... the Canopy Suite with Plunge pool really was great. We did private tours every day... one of our best vacations yet. I'm pretty intolerant of kids in general and I would still vouch for FS Costa Rica !
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:56 pm

Larger hotels are generally not going to be the best way to go, in my opinion.

Las Ventanas, in Cabo, is very nice, relaxed, and pretty child free. It's expensive, and in November they might not have nonstop service from the East coast.

In Jamaica, the Rock House is an interesting choice, although it's more rustic than high end, it's still an extremely nice adults get away.

If you're willing to chance the weather, Cap Jaluca, in Anguilla, is an incredible place. So are a lot of villas and hotels in St. Barts.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:41 pm

Shorter flight?

I know its in Florida, but last time I was there, it was very romantic, and it's very nice! No kids under 16.

http://www.littlepalmisland.com/Litt...and_About.aspx
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by grumbler

Anguilla is still pretty family friendly (though upscale) - and you do have to puddle hop to get there.
Not true, there is a great speed boat service that we took.

I think Anguilla is ideal; some of the best food in the Caribbean, beautiful multiple beaches, a multitude of luxury resort options and fairly easy to get to.

Also, although it is technically kid friendly there will most likely not be that many-at least in our experience there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.