Amanyara (Turks and Caicos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanyara (Turks and Caicos)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:34 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by DSI
Wrapping up a stay here, and figured I’d add a few thoughts to the already excellent reviews.

1) definitely a family place. Most guests seem to be families. If you’re not into kids, don’t go here during the summer.

2) it’s a villa place with a few pavilions thrown in. Really, staying at a pavilion seems akin to going to a fancy restaurant and ordering the cheapest possible item and then skimping on the tip. Or at least I felt like this type of patron here... staff certainly didn’t treat me as such thankfully.

I really think the property is primarily designed for 10-30k nightly villa stays. Since that’s not me, I probably won’t go back but stay somewhere more downmarket.... and thus I don’t feel right about talking about the service, etc.

only thing I would say is that there’s no gm. Hopefully nothing ever goes wrong for anyone.
Thanks for that! Indeed, agree re: villas especially (at least from photos etc) as the pavilions do seem a bit of an afterthought, although very beautiful. Also shows re: the number of big villas, and also where they're placed on the property. Difference with somewhere like Amanpuri is Suites 103 and 105.

Does seem like Amanera is better suited to couples.

Thoughts on quality of beach + water?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:59 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

The beach and water are stunning. Snorkeling isnt great like St. John, bvi, etc though. The have a very fun hobie cat that we used a ton.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Amanyara is running some tricky math with their Seasons of Discovery promotion now. As a refresher here's what it included
The stay includes:

A stay of Three nights or longer: Continental breakfast, 2 course lunch, 3 course dinner (excluding beverages)
A stay of Five nights or longer: continental breakfast, 2 course lunch, 3 course dinner (excluding beverages), one night complimentary
A stay of Seven nights or longer: continental breakfast, 2 course lunch, 3 course dinner (excluding beverages), one night complimentary, two Amanyara massages per pavilion or villa
`

and here are the terms and conditions, which are a bit confusing
Terms & Conditions:

This offer is valid for new bookings only, is subject to availability, and is not combinable with any other offer unless specified. The offer is valid for 2 guests per room. The free night offer is cumulative if consecutively booked. Cancellations and payments as per hotel standard terms. Meals are not inclusive of beverages. Children 0-11 years stay for free when sharing room with parents. Maximum two children per room. Extra person charges: US$180 plus tax per adult, per night. Food & beverage supplement surcharge US$210 plus tax per day for a third adult; US$105 plus tax per day for a child aged 4-11.Complimentary nights are subject to a daily meal supplement of US$350 or US$250 per night.
So complimentary nights are subject to a meal surcharge... which wasn't there before.. furthermore, when one goes to book here are the actual rates that come through

So, The seasons of discovery promo costs $350 more per night for the first 4 nights..... for a grand total savings of. $381....

When I stayed a couple years back the Seasons of Discovery rate was the exact same as the Standard daily rate; resulting in some real savings. At Amanera they are also doing it that way...

Resulting in some actual savings. So, in summary, Seasons of Discovery at Amanyara is no longer a worthwhile promo, unless the rates have been loaded wrong...

FDW
BESVISOR and atojbk like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:19 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
@fdw you're on it

More reasons to take advantage of SoD at Amanera! I prefer Nera over Yara anyway, lol!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Free nights shouldn't have a meal surcharge. That seems rather chintzy for an Aman.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yara also becoming more dynamic and higher rates. currently just sep/dec for low? expect even more dynamic over time like giri and gani in particular have been doing (demand in north america, like demand in japan)

nera low currently just jun, annual closure sep/oct, not as dynamic yet

this may be a test, but as long as it works out for aman/owner, then it is likely to become new standard

before 2014, amanpulo was one aman to have Exclusives including meals that did not match regular rate

if aman has been successfully increasing occupancy, expect higher increases than in the past

in future there may be 3rd party 4th night free bookable on regular rate instead of Exclusives rates

frankly when rates are very high, might consider last minute if low occupancy at necker island

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 25, 2019 at 10:39 am
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:03 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Who’s the GM at Amanyara these days? Edward Linsley started in Sept 2018 but looks like he’s working with Auberge these days... bad fit I guess...

fdw
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Who’s the GM at Amanyara these days? Edward Linsley started in Sept 2018 but looks like he’s working with Auberge these days... bad fit I guess...

fdw
As always , Monty B is covering .
Old May 7, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Villas

What's the preferred villa?
Do the villas here have real kitchens? The kitchen at one in Pulo was quite big and commercial. If the kitchen in a villa is basically a pantry you can't really expect as good food as if they have a real kitchen.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:15 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Braswch
What's the preferred villa?
Do the villas here have real kitchens? The kitchen at one in Pulo was quite big and commercial. If the kitchen in a villa is basically a pantry you can't really expect as good food as if they have a real kitchen.
Yup! The only villas that don’t have a full kitchen are the two bedrooms.

The 3-6 bedroom villas have a full kitchen, but as with the bedrooms, it is a separate structure, and really meant for guests private chef to use. So it is a bit industrial style, so the chef will be the one in and out cooking for you vs an open kitchen for the guests to use. All villas, except the two bedroom, comes with a private chef.

I'd say the Beach Villas with direct access to the main beach are the best ones.

If I had to pick a specific one and looking to splurge, then maybe Villa 33, which is the Artists’ Villa, one of their more stunning and unique villas with 5 Bedrooms and its own small private beach.

Cheers!
Old May 7, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Vs. Pulo

I'm noticing Yara is a good 50%+ more than Amanpulo for a 4 bedroom Villa with meals. I'm not missing anything am I?
Old May 8, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I have looked at this property for a future stay but for the money I am probably going to stay at Como Parrot Cay when we visit T&C since the villas are a bit too much $$$ for my budget. I have never been to T&C and really want to go since I am a lover of beautiful beaches. Although our stay upcoming stay at Amanpulo may ruin us as far as a gorgeous beach is concerned.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Braswch
I'm noticing Yara is a good 50%+ more than Amanpulo for a 4 bedroom Villa with meals. I'm not missing anything am I?
Not only has Pulo much more attractive rates, it also 200% better in service, even taking into consideration recent reports. Vastly different markets and clientele!
Old May 8, 2019, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by scented
Not only has Pulo much more attractive rates, it also 200% better in service, even taking into consideration recent reports. Vastly different markets and clientele!
Absolutely^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.