Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanyara (Turks and Caicos)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by kmklint
Is it possible to have a ocean view pool pavilion?
Thanks for the report.
I don't think so. The pools are there to make up for the lack of a view
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:08 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Bumping an old thread I know but we have a stay coming up in October and I was wondering if anyone had any copies of the menus... just trying to see what's available (will I run into my friend Nasi Goreng?)...

thanks
FDW
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
(will I run into my friend Nasi Goreng?)...

thanks
FDW
In the Caribbean you'll be getting rice and peas!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:18 am

During our stay last year we enjoyed several different Thai curries, as well as a specially cooked Phillipino Adobo meal, which was also fantastic.

Not sure about Indonesian, but Thai was definitely on the menu.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c
Unfortunately don't have a copy of the menu but unless dinners are very different than lunch, i'd fear that you will be underwhelmed. My girlfriend and I elected to eat all of our dinners off property (with the favorite being da conch shack).
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by DrGiggles
Unfortunately don't have a copy of the menu but unless dinners are very different than lunch, i'd fear that you will be underwhelmed. My girlfriend and I elected to eat all of our dinners off property (with the favorite being da conch shack).
Now I'm curious. The nearest 'off property' restaurant has to be at least 60 minutes away via a bumpy dirt road. How did you manage that? 'Yacht' is not an acceptable answer.

PS -- We did find the food at Amanyara to be 'lacking'. But worse, and FAR worse was the wine. THAT... carved a new of level of Dante's Hell. Two buck chuck from Trader Joe's would have been a step up. But TBC is now THREE bucks, but still better than anything from the ORION list.

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; Jun 19, 2014 at 6:50 am
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:19 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

so sounds like the general consensus is that the food isn't the best? I really just would like to puruse a menu to get an idea of the options. And, I don't really see going off resort as an option. Thanks
FDW
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:41 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We haven't stayed there for a few years but we remember the food being very good.

Go ahead and email them your question directly. They will send you a copy of the menu. And if you inquire about Nasi Goreng (and they don't make it already) they will have time to research/practice making it before you come.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Now I'm curious. The nearest 'off property' restaurant has to be at least 60 minutes away via a bumpy dirt road. How did you manage that? 'Yacht' is not an acceptable answer.

PS -- We did find the food at Amanyara to be 'lacking'. But worse, and FAR worse was the wine. THAT... carved a new of level of Dante's Hell. Two buck chuck from Trader Joe's would have been a step up. But TBC is now THREE bucks, but still better than anything from the ORION list.
Ha! So you still had to take the bumpy road for 15min but the place i was referrimg to was on the blue hill side of the island (as opposed to grace bay or wherever all the other hotels were) so id say it was 20 min or so away incl the bumpy road. We had to pay 100+ round trip for the provilege of hotel transportation which was more than the meal itself but even with that we elected to go back again on the same trip. Which reminds me, id advise Anyone who is considering going off property with any frequency to look into renting a car.

Nb: though im a big fan of TBC, my jam is to overpay for wine. Sounds like i might have missed out..

Last edited by DrGiggles; Jun 19, 2014 at 7:29 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
In case anyone is interested, saw this over at Charity Buzz:

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_...ource=carousel

Depending on what the final price is, could be a pretty good discount on a 4-BR.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Last year, I found the food to be excellent. Fritz Zwahlen from Switzerland was head chef and if he is still there, he will take good care of your preferences. As usual with Aman, they will go out of their way to please your palate no matter what they have on the menu.

They have several chefs from different Asian countries onsite so a Nasi Goreng should be no problem at all. BTW all chefs knew us not only by name (although we only met them during a kitchen tour) but what kind of meals we had during previous Aman stays (highlighted by our personal portfolio)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:31 am

I agree with ngfan: the food we had during our stay last year was quite good - in particular the Thai/SE Asian/Filipino dishes (several cooked "off menu" at our request).

But I would also recommend a stop by The Conch Shack, which is easily done on the transfer to/from the airport. Personally I'd recommend stopping by en route from the airport TO Amanyara. Nothing helps prepare you for a beautiful Caribbean stay like fresh conch fritters, and rum punches.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by aa213bb
I agree with ngfan: the food we had during our stay last year was quite good - in particular the Thai/SE Asian/Filipino dishes (several cooked "off menu" at our request).

But I would also recommend a stop by The Conch Shack, which is easily done on the transfer to/from the airport. Personally I'd recommend stopping by en route from the airport TO Amanyara. Nothing helps prepare you for a beautiful Caribbean stay like fresh conch fritters, and rum punches.
for what its worth, stayed in feb. of this year.
good call on doing conch shack as part of airport transfer if you won't have your own transportation. I've seen them do a bag handoff (so they'll be waiting in your room or at the airport) and while having a driver wait until you're finished.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:14 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Family Friendly?

I was thinking about staying here in early November and asked about if it was kid friendly and received the most banal and disinterested response imaginable. Is the resort family friendly? Is it filled with the types of people who don't like (vis-a-vis dislike) children? Anyone who's taken their children there?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
I was thinking about staying here in early November and asked about if it was kid friendly and received the most banal and disinterested response imaginable. Is the resort family friendly? Is it filled with the types of people who don't like (vis-a-vis dislike) children? Anyone who's taken their children there?
I don't have young children, but Amanyara is known to be one of the most child-friendly resorts after Amanpulo. Mainly North American guests and many with children, so staff is well used to catering for them. Best option with kids is to take one of the Villas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.