Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Singapore Hotels?

What is the best hotel for the money in Singapore? First time trip- will be there for 4 days....any suggestions for itinerary? Looks like I can get the St. Regis for $250/night- good deal? Good hotel? Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: CX DM, NH Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Plat
Check the Starwood forum for a large thread on the controversial St. Regis Singapore - tho they do now have a new GM and things seem to be improving. It is NOT a luxury hotel -- just a regular 5 star property (but barely). There are better options in Singapore -- FS, Shangri-La etc
-- but not at the nice St. Regis price. It's a trade off. Look for the packages that these hotels put together and if the bennies are what you are looking for then it could be good value.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:52 am

FS, RC or the Raffles are usually my choice. RC better pool, Raffles more character, FS usual excellent offering.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: CO NW DL AA SPG Hyatt
Indeed, many posts and opinions about Singapore hotels.

In my opinion, the ST Regis is better than your typical 5 star hotel. Of the hotels I tried in SIN (the Ritz, Mandarin Oriental, and Marina Mandarin), the the St Regis (room and bathroom) wins, and in the room and bathroom category it is on par with some of the better Shangrilas, Ritz's and Four Seasons i ve stayed at in other places. Only thing is that it does not have a big lobby and many dining / bar options. It is a 5 minute walk from the main stretch on ORchard road. Also service was pretty good as of a month ago, and the butler service was prompt and professional (free tea, coffee, water, clothes pressing, etc.). If you want to be more "in the middle of ORchard Rd", I ve heard good things about the Meritus Mandarin and their prices seem to be reasonable.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shangri-La Valley Wing is an excellent choice in Singapore. Location is similar to the St. Regis and Four Seasons.

Hotel is top notch.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:30 am

I stayed at the Fullerton last month for USD175 all-in, including breakfast for two (USD30/person). Love the location and the pool. I never stay elsewhere in Singapore. I hate Orchard Rd.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Of those I've tried, if room quality / new hardware is important, St Regis is the best choice since it's relatively new. For service, I would say Four Seasons. Would not recommend the RC since it hasn't been renovated for years and the rooms are getting old and tired looking.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

carrier.co.uk has SL valley wing 4th nt free (mar 4 > apr 30) (excl mar 24)

capella has dropped rates for pool villas quite a bit

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 9, 2010 at 4:18 pm
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I like Raffles
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:29 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
My choices would be:

1. Four Seasons
2. Fullerton
2. Inter-Continental
4. Conrad
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:47 pm

I love the Raffles. It's not the best hotel in Spore but the rooms, the pool, the Tiffin Room are so special!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.