Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What is the best way to book the Rayavadee in Krabi, Thailand?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:24 am
Original Poster

I am getting ready to make a reservation at the Rayavadee for a trip coming up in a few months, and just have a few questions:

I am thinking of booking one of their "Spa Pavilions" or "Hydro Pool Pavilions" as they appear to offer more privacy and outdoor space than the standard pavillions. Does anyone prefer one pavilion type over the other? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a good way to book the Rayavadee that would possibly offer an upgrade or other added benefits? Since the Rayavadee is a LHW property, but not affiliated with Virtuoso or FHR, I am wondering if perhaps it might be best to make a reservation with LHW and hope for a Leaders' Club upgrade?

The other options I am aware of are wesbites such as Agoda and AsiaRooms, and of course simply making a direct booking with the hotel.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jan 14, 2010 at 5:16 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am getting ready to make a reservation at the Rayavadee for a trip coming up in a few months, and just have a few questions:

I am thinking of booking one of their "Spa Pavilions" or "Hydro Pool Pavilions" as they appear to offer more privacy and outdoor space than the standard pavillions. Does anyone prefer one pavilion type over the other? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a good way to book the Rayavadee that would possibly offer an upgrade or other added benefits? Since the Rayavadee is a LHW property, but not affiliated with Virtuoso or FHR, I am wondering if perhaps it might be best to make a reservation with LHW and hope for a Leaders' Club upgrade?

The other options I am aware of are wesbites such as Agoda and AsiaRooms, and of course simply making a direct booking with the hotel.

Thanks.
Haven't been back for awhile, but the hydro pool pavilions are better than the spa pavilions, particularly if you get one of the ones away from Railay Beach. It is important to get a copy of the resort map (they can send it to you) so you can pick where you go. The resort was unevenly developed, and the older part was has a slightly higher concentration of pavilions (also not as nice surroundings).

I would book through LHW and cross my fingers, as is usually the case with the program.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Thanks.
Im quite sure all of the hydro pool pavillions are located in what they call 'The Phranang zone' which is adjacent to Phranang beach. (there are larger villas directly on Phranang Beach and one villa on Railey beach).
Phranang beach is stunning especially early morning and late afternoon before day trippers arrive and after they leave. There is a large sun deck beside the beach with a bar and restaurant. The main pool is beside Railey beach which is a good 5/10 minute walk from the Phranang zone. The main reception/libray/shop is located about half way between the two leisure beaches.
The hydro pool pavillions have a small garden with a small pool,be aware though they are under a canopy of trees in the phranang zone.

The regular pavillions starting with #3 are quite open and sunny if thats what you like, particularly the pavillions closer to the spa rather than the pavillions near Nammao beach (which is really a service beach).

Heres a link to a map of the resort:
http://www.rayavadee.com/accommodation.html#

I have always booked directly with the hotel so I cant help you in that area.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much Paul and Grumbler for your helpful advice and link to the resort map. I have requested a pavilion in the 'Phranang zone' which should make it more convenient to go to the beautiful beach in the morning and evening. Also, since the weather will be very hot at the time of this trip, I suspect that the shade from the trees in that area will be welcome after being out in the sun.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by paul2
Im quite sure all of the hydro pool pavillions are located in what they call 'The Phranang zone' which is adjacent to Phranang beach. (there are larger villas directly on Phranang Beach and one villa on Railey beach).
Phranang beach is stunning especially early morning and late afternoon before day trippers arrive and after they leave. There is a large sun deck beside the beach with a bar and restaurant. The main pool is beside Railey beach which is a good 5/10 minute walk from the Phranang zone. The main reception/libray/shop is located about half way between the two leisure beaches.
The hydro pool pavillions have a small garden with a small pool,be aware though they are under a canopy of trees in the phranang zone.

The regular pavillions starting with #3 are quite open and sunny if thats what you like, particularly the pavillions closer to the spa rather than the pavillions near Nammao beach (which is really a service beach).

Heres a link to a map of the resort:
http://www.rayavadee.com/accommodation.html#

I have always booked directly with the hotel so I cant help you in that area.
Bang on - you will want to stay on the Phranang side, preferably in the middle - otherwise you are too close to the beach (which can get crowded) or to Nammao (where the launches come in - sort of).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.