Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by offerendum

Very sad
Could be worse. We're not exactly stinting on our final forays. And, there still is opera and the symphony in the city with overnight stays in a Metropolitan suite at the St. Regis with a stroll through SFMOMA next door.

Last edited by KatW; Feb 24, 2019 at 5:40 pm
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:45 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Like @MacMyDay I change my trip plans as often as tv channels during commercial breaks
Hope to run into a few fellow FTers along the way as it's always fun to trade stories

March:
Baccarat NYC
Rosewood Hong Kong

April:
Four Seasons Palm Beach

June:
Four Seasons Florence
Hotel Eden Roma
Park Hotel Vitznau
The Dolder Grand Zurich

July:
Four Seasons Surfside
or Four Seasons Lanai and Hualalai

November:
Hopefully - Aman Kyoto
offerendum, United747 and MacMyDay like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
March: FS Jumeirah Beach
June: FS Desroches

I just had a massive run of leisure and work trips so better that I stay put for a couple months although I’m sure I’ll cook something up
United747 and BESVISOR like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
So far...
March - Ritz Carlton Berlin (to attend ITB Travel Fair)
April - Houston, private residence but will do a site of Ritz Carlton and The Post if I have time. Overnight at the Ambassador Oklahoma.
June - Hotel Eden Rome and Santa Caterina, Amalfi
August - FS Los Angeles - TBC in Vegas to attend Virtuoso travel week, probably FS Punta Mita
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:38 pm

Soon visiting Gran Canaria:

Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:58 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by tupungato
Soon visiting Gran Canaria:

Think you do not get that this thread is actually saying which luxury hotel you are staying in where you are going !
Take a look at the posts before yours .

Do post which luxury hotel ( s) you will be in , which ones if more than one - thanks
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
[QUOTE=FlyerEC;30687770]
Originally Posted by FlyerEC

January

Chiva Som
MOBKK

The Datai ? , Langkawi

February

SLA Makati , Manila

was hoping to include Pulo but until changes happen for the better ..

MOHK - mini AMANjunkies Do 15 February

Sri Lanka
Galla
Wella

March

Bucharest

April

FS Budapest

May

Puri

? Oz Fest 16
Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26 ?

Hotel ??

June

MOKL

Malacca
Hotel ?

August

Kila
Nusa Villas

September

Seattle

Zoe
Grand Bretagne

Florence FS ?

AmanCGV
AmanSS

October

AmanTokyo

One of the Prince .. , Tokyo

Suiran
RC Kyoto

Nemu

Aman Kyoto ?

November

Nemu
AmanTokyo

The Siam

December

MOBKK

Israel or in 2020 ?

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
March

Bucharest Epoque - luxury ?

April

Budapest FS

Vienna Imperial

May

Puri

Trisara

June

KL
Maya ?
MOKL

Malacca

Hotel ?

July

Kila
Nusa Villas

September

Seattle

Zoe
Grand Bretagne

AmanCGV or ?

Florence FS ?

Tuscany
Montepulciano Lupaia

Milan MO ?

AmanSS ?

October

AmanTokyo

One of the Prince .. , Tokyo

Suiran
RC Kyoto ?

Nemu

Aman Kyoto ?

November

Nemu
AmanKyoto ?

Osaka St Regis

The Siam

December

MOBKK

Israel or in 2020 ?

1readyset2go and BESVISOR like this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Mar 10, 2019 at 8:28 am
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Slightly off topic.
Here is where I have been so far in 2019: Jan 1-3 Williamson Medical Center hospital. I had a lovely room in the ICU. 3 meals a day all included as well as 24/7 nursing care. Food was just ok especially given the price paid!

Jan 11-22 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. It's hard to be able to judge a place when one is unconscious for a good chunk of the visit.

I worked in a real trip! St Regis Bahia Beach. Jan 25-Feb 1st.

Feb 26-present: Skyline medical center. Beds are comfy and that is really saying something seeing as how I had disc removed 4 days ago and rods placed in there.

So back on topic. Where am I going next? Home! And you know what? Home sounds pretty darn good right about now. Let's not take it for granted in a world of one upmanship in the travel game, as much as I love going to all these 5 star places too. The guy in the room right next to me died 2 days ago. Sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread. i have had a lot of Morphine and a lot of time to reflect lately on what really matters.

I am planning a trip to HKG in March of 2020. Still trying to decided on the hotel as I have been occupied with other matters. This will be followed by a stay at Amanpulo.Dreaming and planning of this trip is keeping me going after rough start to 2019.

Last edited by 1readyset2go; Mar 11, 2019 at 6:33 am
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
Slightly off topic.
Here is where I have been so far in 2019: Jan 1-3 Williamson Medical Center hospital. I had a lovely room in the ICU. 3 meals a day all included as well as 24/7 nursing care. Food was just ok especially given the price paid!

Jan 11-22 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. It's hard to be able to judge a place when one is unconscious for a good chunk of the visit.

I worked in a real trip! St Regis Bahia Beach. Jan 25-Feb 1st.

Feb 26-present: Skyline medical center. Beds are comfy and that is really saying something seeing as how I had disc removed 4 days ago and rods placed in there.

So back on topic. Where am I going next? Home! And you know what? Home sounds pretty darn good right about now. Let's not take it for granted in a world of one upmanship in the travel game. As much as I love going to all these places too. The guy in the room right next to me died 2 days ago. Sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread. i have had a lot of Morphine and a lot of time to reflect lately on what really matters.

I am planning a trip to HKG in March of 2020. Still trying to decided on the hotel as I have been occupied with other matters. This will be followed by a stay at Amanpulo.Dreaming and planning of this trip is keeping me going after rough start to 2019.
Speedy recovery and here's hoping the remainder of 2019 will certainly be better for you.

To quote industry leader "We travel not to escape life, but so life does not escape us."
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:44 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
@1readyset2go Hope you're/will be okay!! Thanks for the perspective and reminding what we all do here is a "luxury" in many ways.
Flying to NY/Baccarat today and was a bit annoyed that I didn't get the exact time/flight I wanted but certainly, I'm fortunate just to be able to take a trip and spend time with family/friends. Should indeed be grateful for that alone.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:42 am

April
Las Alcobas Napa Valley -- vineyard view room
The Inn Above Tide -- first time in Sausalito very excited!
StR SF

July
Bass Cottage Inn -- Not sure if this qualifies as luxury, but it's the best I could find for Bar Harbor.

November
StR BKK -- catching a meal at Gaggan before it closes.
Rosewood Phuket -- ocean view pool suite

I would love to be able to travel more, but our jobs get in the way and once a quarter is the best we can do for now. Can't wait to retire early haha.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Like @MacMyDay I change my trip plans as often as tv channels during commercial breaks
No idea what you mean. Ok, so our honeymoon is 3 months away and I'm still changing it, but that's different.

Next week:
  • Four Seasons Surf Side
  • Rosewood Mayakoba
  • Chable Yucatan
  • Four Seasons Mexico City
  • Rosewood Las Ventanas al Paraíso
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:44 am
formerly htang333

Speaking of changing plans...Was planning to go to Aman Kyoto in Nov. but not sure I can stay more than 2 nights at these rates. Might have to split between Aman and FS. Below is a small sample period as I'm helping a client for those dates (so there could be 150,000 JPY nights for all I know) but WOW!! I guess all suites but still very high barrier to entry. On the bright side, these rates will certainly discourage many of the younger Instagrammers

<Aman Kyoto>

23rd, 30th November 2019

Susuki Suite 320,000 JPY per night per stay

Nara Suite 330,000 JPY per night per stay

Kaede Suite 340,000 JPY per night per stay

Hotaru Suite 350,000 JPY per night per stay

24th – 29th November 2019

Susuki Suite 260,000 JPY per night per stay

Nara Suite 270,000 JPY per night per stay

Kaede Suite 280,000 JPY per night per stay

Hotaru Suite 300,000 JPY per night per stay

Additional charges;

* Rates are in JPY, per night and based on single or double occupancy.

* Rates are subject to 15% Service Charge, 10% Government Tax & Kyoto Accommodation Tax of JPY 1,000 per person per night

* Rates and government taxes are subject to change without notice
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Speaking of changing plans...Was planning to go to Aman Kyoto in Nov. but not sure I can stay more than 2 nights at these rates. Might have to split between Aman and FS. Below is a small sample period as I'm helping a client for those dates (so there could be 150,000 JPY nights for all I know) but WOW!! I guess all suites but still very high barrier to entry. On the bright side, these rates will certainly discourage many of the younger Instagrammers

<Aman Kyoto>

23rd, 30th November 2019

Susuki Suite 320,000 JPY per night per stay

Nara Suite 330,000 JPY per night per stay

Kaede Suite 340,000 JPY per night per stay

Hotaru Suite 350,000 JPY per night per stay

24th – 29th November 2019

Susuki Suite 260,000 JPY per night per stay

Nara Suite 270,000 JPY per night per stay

Kaede Suite 280,000 JPY per night per stay

Hotaru Suite 300,000 JPY per night per stay

Additional charges;

* Rates are in JPY, per night and based on single or double occupancy.

* Rates are subject to 15% Service Charge, 10% Government Tax & Kyoto Accommodation Tax of JPY 1,000 per person per night

* Rates and government taxes are subject to change without notice
I had forgotten that the consumption tax is going up to 10% this year in Japan...that's an extra 5k JPY a night lol. Pays for a decent lunch somewhere...
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:17 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
No idea what you mean. Ok, so our honeymoon is 3 months away and I'm still changing it, but that's different.

Next week:
  • Four Seasons Surf Side
  • Rosewood Mayakoba
  • Chable Yucatan
  • Four Seasons Mexico City
  • Rosewood Las Ventanas al Paraíso
I am most curious to see what you think of Rosewood Mayakoba and Chable Yucatan. Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.