Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hotel in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Four Seasons is due to open the end of 2015.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by speedbird001
Four Seasons is due to open the end of 2015.
October 1
Old May 18, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pricesquire
October 1
there will most likely be a teething period. They are still looking for Management positions.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

I have mentioned in other threads that IMHO, the executive lounge at The Shilla may be the best in the world.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:06 am
Suspended

I have mentioned in other threads that IMHO, the executive lounge at The Shilla may be the best in the world.
And what cat. room do you have to book to get access? Or can any booking "buy into" lounge access?
Travelabroad likes this.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

And what cat. room do you have to book to get access? Or can any booking "buy into" lounge access?
I don't know. You can check on line. Not only is the room very large and beautifully decorated, the food is plentiful and exceptional.

Last edited by speedbird001; May 19, 2015 at 8:22 am Reason: spelling
Old May 19, 2015, 9:05 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Executive Lounge access comes included from the Executive Business Deluxe rooms at the Shilla Seoul:

http://www.shilla.net/seoul/accommod...=EX#ad-image-0

There's also the Executive Grand Deluxe:

http://www.shilla.net/seoul/accommod...=EX#ad-image-0

About the Executive Lounge at the Shilla Seoul:

http://www.shilla.net/seoul/accommod...NGE#ad-image-0

Last edited by uggboy; May 19, 2015 at 9:14 am
Old May 19, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Aventine
Shilla has been redone but looks like the Lotte hotel (same bathroom hardware and toiletries) even in Executive rooms. Suites are better. One of the most expensive F&B outlets in the city.

Park Hyatt. The location can be a problem if you want to see things north of the River but decent for Gangnam, baseball games or COEX. More luxe than businessy. Cornerstone is a fabulous restaurant for every meal. Chef Herdt does great work.

Conrad gets a lot of celebrity guests but the hotel feels cheap. The room construction is shoddy in some parts and just doesn't feel worth 300-400 dollars a night. Not a fan of their policies regarding swimming pool, where one gets a timeslot for once (and only once) during their stay. Paying for the sauna use is stupid also.

Four Seasons is coming later this year near the US embassy and Gyeongbukgung Palace. I hope it lives up to FS quality and standards.

RC: Nothing like HK or Tokyo. More 4 star than anything else.

JW Marriott Dongdaemun is 4.5 stars. A very nice, decent hotel in an up and Coming area of Seoul with the Dongdaemun design plaza there. Not luxe because the entire hotel is missing seat washlets. Even their suites. Unthinkable for any hotel having 5 star intentions in East Asia. They also cut out a lot of benefits from their opening such as the choice between Lounge breakfast and restaurant. Lounge quality also went down. A shame really because the rest of the hotel is quite well done.

GH is the place to be if you want location to everything. It is not luxe because the rooms are worn with only soft renovations done. However, the staff are seasoned and some of the best at serving from Paris Grill to Grand Club.
I am mostly with you until your last paragraph - I personally find the GH awful, and if I am that desperate for location, I would just take the Westin Chosun over it.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:39 am

I like it too, but I don't think it is that good ! I personally like the RCHK lounge better, but I guess that may be for the views.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by grumbler
I am mostly with you until your last paragraph - I personally find the GH awful, and if I am that desperate for location, I would just take the Westin Chosun over it.
We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Hyatt Seoul a few years ago, plus we liked the Club Lounge and the views from the hotel, in regards to our Club room, while not the largest, the room was enjoyable. ^
Old May 19, 2015, 10:10 am

I like it too, but I don't think it is that good ! I personally like the RCHK lounge better, but I guess that may be for the views.
What was your problem in regards to service/offerings at the Club lounge at the Shilla Seoul and which other Club lounge offering in Seoul is the best in your opinion?

In regards to the Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong, fantastic views, what a scale from up there when looking over the harbour and the city, but of course, the RCHK isn't in Seoul. What's up with the Ritz-Carlton in Seoul btw?

Cheers.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by uggboy
What was your problem in regards to service/offerings at the Club lounge at the Shilla Seoul and which other Club lounge offering in Seoul is the best in your opinion?

In regards to the Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong, fantastic views, what a scale from up there when looking over the harbour and the city, but of course, the RCHK isn't in Seoul. What's up with the Ritz-Carlton in Seoul btw?

Cheers.
I don't think there is a problem with the Shilla lounge - it is pretty good, just not the best I have ever seen. In Seoul, the only other Club lounge I think is strong is probably the Conrad. Chosun is often crowded. Park Hyatt doesn't have one or need one.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by uggboy
What's up with the Ritz-Carlton in Seoul btw?
Korean friends from Seoul have told me that it is unremarkable, and not to waste my time with it.

I like the Park Hyatt best overall, but I prefer the location of the Grand Hyatt and the Shilla.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I get taken care of very well at GH. My work also means I need to be close to Yongsan. I don't need to go through Namsan tunnel to get to the job.

I don't think there is a problem with the Shilla lounge - it is pretty good, just not the best I have ever seen. In Seoul, the only other Club lounge I think is strong is probably the Conrad. Chosun is often crowded. Park Hyatt doesn't have one or need one.
Shilla's gets crowded at meal times too. Everyone and their friends goes there. Shilla's lounge is the best in Seoul for the quality and amount of the spread. People basically eat full meals there.

Last edited by Aventine; May 19, 2015 at 8:48 pm
Old May 20, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
The only two criteria that matter in Seoul are:

(1) Proximity to top notch Korean food
(2) Washlet toilet seats after partaking in aforesaid Korean food.

I'm super fussy about luxury properties but am totally happy with Westin Chosun in Seoul. But they do have a cheaper version of Toto Washlet with small hot water tank so turns from warm to cold (esp in winter) after about 5 seconds of good tush spray. My only gripe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.