Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Petition: Keep The Call Center in Kassel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Sixt Plat, HHonors Gold
"Excellent" plans here, just cut the costs for your domestic people even more, and in the next turn you're surprised why people always ask for lower and lower airfares ??

I'm also surprised that the Germans are always slow in adopting other countries' adventures, and then especially not gaining ANY benefit from their (often enough bad) experiences. While it is publicly known that outsourcing your call centers is not the smarted move on earth, and while way too many companies have already miserably failed in doing so, LH is now pushing it in the false attempt to save what - 2 millions ? This is what compared to their annual operational spending, 0.2% ? Nothing against the beancounters - to them it's a lot of money, and this is what you get when you let beancounters run a company where premium is part of the product.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Pro Kassel, definitively!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by cdsen
While it is publicly known that outsourcing your call centers is not the smarted move on earth, and while way too many companies have already miserably failed in doing so, LH is now pushing it in the false attempt to save what - 2 millions ? This is what compared to their annual operational spending, 0.2% ? Nothing against the beancounters - to them it's a lot of money, and this is what you get when you let beancounters run a company where premium is part of the product.
So it is publicly known that outsourcing a call centre is a bad idea? LH has outsourced many of their centres and WHV certainly outperforms Cape Town and others.
A lot of companies have significantly improved their customer service because they outsourced it to someone who knows a lot about this area. The issue with Kassel is not who operates it. If an outsourcer would take over Kassel then this doesn't have to be a bad thing. What people are worried about here is that LH will move Kassel calls to their own centre in CPT or to an outsourcer who is just cheap.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
So it is publicly known that outsourcing a call centre is a bad idea? LH has outsourced many of their centres and WHV certainly outperforms Cape Town and others.
A lot of companies have significantly improved their customer service because they outsourced it to someone who knows a lot about this area. The issue with Kassel is not who operates it. If an outsourcer would take over Kassel then this doesn't have to be a bad thing. What people are worried about here is that LH will move Kassel calls to their own centre in CPT or to an outsourcer who is just cheap.
While you are right with the above statement, the issue is: it's not about who is operating and where. The issue is that the experience, knowledge and professionalism that you find with all the ladies and gentlemen in Kassel will be lost. And hiring some undergraduate students in Berlin that answer SEN-lines in some new-German dialect ("echt krass") will take years to build the very same quality. I don't have the time and nerve to educate people why the seats in row 2 are blocked and for whom...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
As usual, I'm pro Kassel and anti-weero.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 3:28 am

Programs: Miles & More, Executive Club, Skywards
Keep Kassel!

Please!

gaex
+wholovescompetenthelp+
Old Nov 13, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Pro Kassel +1
Old Nov 14, 2009, 1:32 pm

Please LH:

KEEP KASSEL OPEN!!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, Goldpointsplus Gold Elite
Why not move the call centre to the north east of Germany? There should be enough cheap lavor available. Unfortunately finding someone with Geman language plus other skills in a LCC is not really easy. Northeast Germany is almost an LCC.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I am in!

Keep Kassel!!!

L.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Knut34
Why not move the call centre to the north east of Germany? There should be enough cheap lavor available. Unfortunately finding someone with Geman language plus other skills in a LCC is not really easy. Northeast Germany is almost an LCC.
That's why they are shifting it to Berlin. Plenty of cheap labour and I am sure there are some state subsidies for LH in as well.

The reason why we don't like that idea: All people are new and have no clue about what they are doing. LH is bad at training their people to certain standard and the call center in MEL is the best example. People in Kassel don't have to ask a supervisor how to make a seat assignment and there are so many more sophistaceted things that Kassel just gets done. In no time. In a very friendly manner.

Keep them! At least for HON/SEN.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 1:52 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, American Platinum Pro
The Kassel Call Center is the best! I have had so many truly helpfull and friendly agents when calling. When not getting the Kassel call center the other agents are not able to find a bookings with LG operated flight from LUX connecting to LH in FRA. Some told me that I would need two seperat tickets if I would buy a ticket from LUX...just hang up and keep calling until you get the German agents!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: M&M SEN
tcswede started a petition for HONs:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ne-kassel.html

Here you can find the is the "Senator Petition":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ne-kassel.html

Hope all Senators and Hons are signing.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: LH/LO SEN, AF/KLM Platinum (Lite)
Vote for Kassel.
I hope LH will really calculate that if if sth works good and the customers are happy with the services it might be not worth changing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.