Wiki Posts
Search

Petition: Keep The Call Center in Kassel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Petition: Keep The Call Center in Kassel

Recent rumour has it that LH plans to close the call center in Kassel. Among all call centers I am dealing with, Kassel has by far the most experienced and competent agents. Quick closure on requests and issues is a top incentive to fly LH.

Please do only post a comment here if you want to join the petition. LH Relate might feed the number of SEN/HON/others voting here into the right channels...

Kassel is an asset ^
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Kassel is indeed an asset.
This week I had an other episode with the Cape Town call centre. They were not able to do the simple task of assigning a second person on my PNR a seat next to me.
They messed up the eticket so badly that a paper ticket had to be issued at the airport ...

Those are the guys that should be fired - not the Kassel agents !!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:51 am

The Kassel agents are truly the best. I have actually written quite a few letters in the past, praising some of the agents and their great customer service performance. Count me in and hopefully this will have an impact. I'm a SEN btw.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:53 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Count me in for Kassel, of course.

Whereever I am, I always manage to call LH during German business hours. I stopped having annoying discussions with people having very bad accents in both, German and English and acting like idiots in the name of LH somewhere in the world.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Another one for Kassel. Keep the agents working there. They are true assets. Forget about the people in Cape Town - while not all bad they are nowhere near the experience of the Kassel folks.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:59 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Recent answers I got from Cape Town from two different agents in the last two weeks:
  • adding a Miles&More-number into an existing PNR is only possible when the ticket is not issued (Kassel fixed it the next day)
  • a seat-assignation is never possible in advance (Kassel fixed it the next day)
  • W Class in Europe is not upgradeable (Kassel fixed it the next day)

Closing Kassel will create such a mess that it will cost more than LH could ever save.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:34 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Agree with all the previous posters. But where does the rumour come from?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:48 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
we are all doomed without Kassel. LH would make a big mistake if they got rid of the competence there.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:51 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by rorschi
Closing Kassel will create such a mess that it will cost more than LH could ever save.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Lufthansa, closing Kassel would be penny-wise, pound-foolish. Don't make the same mistakes that have reduced your North American competitors to shadows of their former selves.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps they could utilise BMI's Indian Call Centre ?
...da werden Sie (nicht) geholfen ...
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:19 am

Programs: LH, SA, AA
Why don't they close Cape Town instead?

Only once did I encounter an agent there who knew what he was doing.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capetonian
Why don't they close Cape Town instead?

Only once did I encounter an agent there who knew what he was doing.
He was fired immediately !
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
But where does the rumour come from?
Good question! While I agree that Kassel CC is way better than the other LH CCs, it would be nice to get some more information on this issue. Anyway if my vote is needed I am in
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
I'm certainly in too! ^ Kassel is certainly the biggest asset and has the most experienced service agents working there. They really know their job. Would be a nightmare if this center is closed down. I can't even imagine getting a flight ex ZRH cancelled (on LH stock) and then - instead of queing and listening to useless Swissport people - by phoning the SEN-hotline getting connected to IST/CPT. That's like dealing with BD's zoo in India...
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
A LH world without Kassel would be a nightmare. The ladies and gentlemen there are competent and polite. I don't want to miss them. Better close the non-german-callcenters.Salve Luigi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.