Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH conducting new seat study

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The VS seat is extremely similar to the AC seat- and the AC seat is good even for real longhauls.
I am in the minority that don't find a lot of problems with the LH seating as is- however if they moved to "pods" like AC/VS/NZ it would be wonderful.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by weero
How is 'slanted' similar to VS is any way? They were a very early adopter of the fully flat seats .
I guess "slanted" may not have been the best term to use. What I was trying to say is that the seats have an angled set-up towards the isle and do not sit straight in the isles like they do now at LH. You took the slanted reference to mean a slanted (i.e. not fully flat) seat.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by christianj
I guess "slanted" may not have been the best term to use. What I was trying to say is that the seats have an angled set-up towards the isle and do not sit straight in the isles like they do now at LH. You took the slanted reference to mean a slanted (i.e. not fully flat) seat.
I did.

And "isle" might not be the best term here either .
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by weero
I did.

And "isle" might not be the best term here either .
to get things right: One Look is Worth A Thousand Words
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:52 am

My guess is that they are testing the new LX C seat and lay out. Had 2 flights on the new 333 bus on LX and I am positively impressed. Both flights I had 4 a and 8a the HON "Throne".
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fendant
My guess is that they are testing the new LX C seat and lay out. Had 2 flights on the new 333 bus on LX and I am positively impressed. Both flights I had 4 a and 8a the HON "Throne".
Is that like 4D on the LH 744?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by German-FLyer
Just got off the phone with a lady from LH market research, who asked me to participate in a LH seat study, where they would like to get feedback from frequent travelers. They are conducting about 1 hour presentations of the new seat(s) in Raunheim (near FRA). She offered September 18th, but I am on a 4 week holiday and the study will unfortunately end before I come back, so I can't participate (although I would loved to).

Anybody else receive these kind of calls and might be willing to share info after the presentation?

Mods, please feel free to merge with any other appropriate thread (did a quick search, but wasn't sure where to post).
This thing is about new seats on Regional aircrafts (I forgot, which one, but will come to LH around 2011). One of my employees got the same invitation and was told the details.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
This thing is about new seats on Regional aircrafts (I forgot, which one, but will come to LH around 2011). One of my employees got the same invitation and was told the details.
Exciting, new seat on a regional aircraft
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Thank God, I am on holidays then
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:26 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
No, much better as far as I can tell.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw..._a330_300.aspx
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I think LH have already finalized their plans for the seating for all classes for the A 380 and the 748 and I am sure these seats are being manufactured somewhere right now.

They can not risk delaying the delivery of these seats since the A380 should be in service in less than 6 to 8 months from now

So that seat study should be for another metal that LH will acquire later than 2010 and it is probably the regional ones.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
The nice seat that VS, NZ and AC is using is only feasible for airlines without a First Class product - the seat is eating up more cabin space and is requiring a higher yield.

SQ has tried to do the same with a new concept for 77W and A380 - and I am pretty much sure they are wishing at the moment, they had never introduced it.

All flat-beds like LX, BA or UA are not eating more space than what the LH seat is occupying - the design is just smarter.

Following QF might be the smartest (and least expensive way): Just allow the Recaro seats to go fully flat and keep offering lie-flat on A340/747. Tickets on the A380 can fetch a mark-up (SQ praised the A380 for that a couple of weeks ago in the Financial times) and would justify some more space being eaten up...

Has anyone heard whether LH will have a pre-presentation for the new F like LX did? Still haven't seen anything and I am sure the interior fitting for the first bird must start very shortly...
Old Sep 4, 2009, 3:37 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SMK77
..All flat-beds like LX, BA or UA are not eating more space than what the LH seat is occupying - the design is just smarter..
You are not serious here, are you? They use substantially more space than LH's angled seat. If my tape measure is correct, the UA seat east nearly 20% more projection area.

They just don't require as much space as SQ's funny seats do.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Yep

Frank
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:26 am

[QUOTE=German-FLyer;12318196 Since we aren't really expecting big changes in C seats, [/QUOTE]

What are you talking about
I - and I am sure , many with me - have extremely high expectations of
changes in C , and mainly the seat .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.