Wiki Posts
Search

LH conducting new seat study

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
LH conducting new seat study

Just got off the phone with a lady from LH market research, who asked me to participate in a LH seat study, where they would like to get feedback from frequent travelers. They are conducting about 1 hour presentations of the new seat(s) in Raunheim (near FRA). She offered September 18th, but I am on a 4 week holiday and the study will unfortunately end before I come back, so I can't participate (although I would loved to).

Anybody else receive these kind of calls and might be willing to share info after the presentation?

Mods, please feel free to merge with any other appropriate thread (did a quick search, but wasn't sure where to post).
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Y, C or F seat?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Well, she didn't want to say, but said it would be for a new aircraft joining the fleet shortly (I wonder which one it is ). Since we aren't really expecting big changes in C seats, I would assume it's either Y or F, but you never know...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by German-FLyer
Since we aren't really expecting big changes in C seats, I would assume it's either Y or F, but you never know...
Actually I'd expect them to introduce a new C seat as the current C seat is not really competitive compared to LX new C, BA C and the like. As we are talking about LH it will most likely remain an unfulfilled expectation though.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I agree, but I am afraid we'll need to wait for while before this happens. It would be a great improvement if the C seat would become fully flat without any incline.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Expect a fully flat C seat on the A380.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:17 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Why can't they just buy a patent for these Air New Zealand C seats: fully flat, long, offering full privacy... (OK - just dreaming)
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:17 am

That would be great news. That won't probably stop me from booking BA C but LH C would be an alternative again if their price is competitive as well.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
is this going to be a new product or are they giving the seats more space so that you can get the leg part up higher and make it flat..?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by mamb0
is this going to be a new product or are they giving the seats more space so that you can get the leg part up higher and make it flat..?
If the latter than everybody will try to get the seat into a fully flat position on every equipment. Could be a problem for LH.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by totti
If the latter than everybody will try to get the seat into a fully flat position on every equipment. Could be a problem for LH.
Don't people (at least on FT) already try doing that?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by totti
If the latter than everybody will try to get the seat into a fully flat position on every equipment.
Not that we haven't tried But I think that unfortunately it is physically impossible.

BTW, Qantas have fully flat on A380s and angled on their 747s.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Greg45
Not that we haven't tried But I think that unfortunately it is physically impossible.

BTW, Qantas have fully flat on A380s and angled on their 747s.
Yes but QF doesn't have a loyalty program.

At least not one that incentivises loyalty or raises expectations of passengers in any way .
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I got an email with a link to an online questionaire from LH a while ago asking various questions about the C product and seats. The questionaire had various C seat configurations and seat layouts on it and you had to chose your favorite. Some of the options were similar to UA new C seat configuration with rows of reverse seating. Others were similar to VS with slanted seat and there was even one with the legroom of the one row going into the space between the two seats in the row in front of it. I think that LH evaluates the seats regularly but I would not expect a big roll out of new C seats anytime soon. New seat on newly ordered planes like the A380 does make sense though.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by christianj
,,Others were similar to VS with slanted seat..
How is 'slanted' similar to VS is any way? They were a very early adopter of the fully flat seats .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.