Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match (official promotion for Italian residents)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
I think it is illegal in EU to organize promotions dedicated to one ethnic group / region / country.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
I called this morning to ask about the benefits. I was transferred to a supervisor who "knew more about the promotion" than the regular representatives. She said that she knew nothing about the overdraft, however, upon completion of the required roundtrip on LX/LH/OS in any booking class, within 72 hours the account would be updated to SEN and 2 eVouchers would be in the account. And again next year, 2010, 2 more eVouchers would be deposited into the account. So, 4 eVouchers in total. The expiration of the status match is valid through Feb 2011 and to requalify for status requires flying the 100K during 2010. (Or, I suppose if you are really eager, you could fly 100K in Jan/Feb 2011!! I bet there are more than a few FTers out there willing to do that!)
She also noted that all accounts in this promotion are being monitored for address changes. If someone applies for this status match and has changed their address from outside of Italy to inside of Italy within the past 3 months, they will be sent a letter asking for a copy of their Italian "carta d'identita", Italian passport, certificato di residenza, or other concrete proof of residency in Italy. If an account is in Italy, the status match is granted, and the account address is changed to be outside of Italy before the expiration of the status, M&M will be notified immediately and they will contact the flyer to request documentation for a valid change of residence reason with proof.
Thanks a lot for the info, TravellinHusker.

Good news about the eVouchers.

However, the "within 72 hours the account would be updated to SEN" part is a bit optimistic. I've flown 4 flights on LX on the 25th and 26th and, as of today (30th), the account is still showing me as a "Member".
This might be due to delays in crediting the miles, rather than in implementing the actual status match itself.

I'll see what happens and keep you updated.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
0 (in words: ZERO) overdraft for these guys please. @:-)
It is probably not the worst deal for M&M if people are using the overdraft for a flight and they can change the required amount of money onye the member isn't able to pay with miles.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
I called this morning to ask about the benefits. I was transferred to a supervisor who "knew more about the promotion" than the regular representatives. She said that she knew nothing about the overdraft, however, upon completion of the required roundtrip on LX/LH/OS in any booking class, within 72 hours the account would be updated to SEN and 2 eVouchers would be in the account. And again next year, 2010, 2 more eVouchers would be deposited into the account. So, 4 eVouchers in total. The expiration of the status match is valid through Feb 2011 and to requalify for status requires flying the 100K during 2010. (Or, I suppose if you are really eager, you could fly 100K in Jan/Feb 2011!! I bet there are more than a few FTers out there willing to do that!)
She also noted that all accounts in this promotion are being monitored for address changes. If someone applies for this status match and has changed their address from outside of Italy to inside of Italy within the past 3 months, they will be sent a letter asking for a copy of their Italian "carta d'identita", Italian passport, certificato di residenza, or other concrete proof of residency in Italy. If an account is in Italy, the status match is granted, and the account address is changed to be outside of Italy before the expiration of the status, M&M will be notified immediately and they will contact the flyer to request documentation for a valid change of residence reason with proof.
The quote in red makes the entire statement of this "supervisor" completely incredible. She is clearly making this up and has no clue.

S
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
The quote in red makes the entire statement of this "supervisor" completely incredible. She is clearly making this up and has no clue.

S
I agree - a bit suspicious. However, I was interpreting it potentially like this:

1) 2 eVouchers now after you made the required flights and your new M&M account gets changed ot SEN
2) 2 eVouchers after you requalify again for SEN earning 100K miles in 2010

Now the first one is entirely up to M&M but would seriously tick me off personally. I don't want to be petty but most of us had to earn those few eVouchers we get very hard and here they are throwing them to people who may take one domestic RT flight on LH Italia in Y.

Not good in my book but great for all the people who can take advantage of it. It will take them max 1.5 years to get enough eVouchers (4) to upgrade one international long-haul RT from Y-C or C-F while it takes us other folks 4 years. Freaking brilliant idea. Makes me feel so appreciated.

Well my one more B-class eco trip BKK-VIE-BKK is booked already and then I have SEN till Feb 2013. After that everything that earns miles goes back into BD at 225% (for Eco) while it lasts.

Last edited by demue; Apr 30, 2009 at 4:19 am
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Well, it can be as incredible as you want it to be. Her name is clearly Italian. She spoke with a native Italian accent. She did not hesitate when I asked her questions, so it did not seem "made up" or created by her. I speak fluent Italian. I did not hear her incorrectly. She did not say that there would be 4 eVouchers at one time. But instead, 2 vouchers as soon as the account was updated to SEN and next year, at the renewal time when the new card is sent out, another 2 eVouchers. She made it sound like the system has to be manually manipulated to reflect the status. It's not something they can just program it to automatically do since it only takes 1 return in any booking class on LH/LX/OS. It seemed she was saying that this 1 return trip is basically the same as 100K miles, however the balance in the account after the status match will only be 0 (for non-earning classes) or whatever true mileage you should receive based on the booking class and distance travelled. Therefore, the turning from Basic or FTL to SEN triggers the eVouchers automatically. Next year, the same. M&M Italia will have to manually set the expiration date for Feb 2011, therefore generating the new card which she said is the technical mechanism for issuing the 2 new eVouchers. Therefore, 4 eVouchers in total.

Now, that is what SHE said. I will update all after my flight in May, and again next year I'll make a point to dig up this thread and let you know what happens again. I highly doubt I will earn 100K flown miles from May to Dec this year as I've already booked some non *A flights prior to this promotion being published. Nonrefundable tickets, can't cancel and rebook. Stuck like chuck.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by totti
It is probably not the worst deal for M&M if people are using the overdraft for a flight and they can change the required amount of money onye the member isn't able to pay with miles.
And you as a moderator will be happy to review all those upcoming threads with people lurking for help on this board, how to avoid the payment requested by the bad of the bads aka LH. And of course, each of those guys will tell the well known stories about verbal confirmation(s) by official LH guys, who confirmed, that the overdraft may never be paid pack, or i sof, then only after 2068.

Sorry totti but any overdraft even with new rules will end up same as before. They may gift eVouchers, but better no overdraft after a status match and before the first requalification.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
And you as a moderator will be happy to review all those upcoming threads with people lurking for help on this board, how to avoid the payment requested by the bad of the bads aka LH.
No! This time I'll ask FL to sue them for damage On a serious note I understand your concerns and share them to a certain extend. Still I hope that they learned something from the UK catastrophe… (hope springs eternal )
Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:01 pm

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by flying_pig
However, the "within 72 hours the account would be updated to SEN" part is a bit optimistic.
Agree with the 72 hours being optimistic.

I registered on April 8th. Flew out on April 20th, back on April 24th. Miles posted, but my status stil reads "Member".
Old May 1, 2009, 12:42 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Originally Posted by pieterde
Agree with the 72 hours being optimistic.

I registered on April 8th. Flew out on April 20th, back on April 24th. Miles posted, but my status stil reads "Member".
Call them. Ask for a supervisor and find out why you haven't been upgraded to SEN. If you do, let us know the results.
Old May 1, 2009, 5:36 am

Hmm, I have a house in Italy and a fiscal code but I'm not a resident. I have Virgin Gold sp should I apply?
Old May 1, 2009, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Hmm, I have a house in Italy and a fiscal code but I'm not a resident. I have Virgin Gold sp should I apply?
Only if the LH status would be of any use to you and you plan on actually flying with LH. Otherwise it is just shiny wallet jewelery.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:32 am

Well *A Gold would be useful
Old May 11, 2009, 11:32 am

Hi everybody.
Any information if Freccia Alata (ST E+) members will be matched t FQTV or SEN status?
couldn't find any information about this

thank you
maclover
Old May 11, 2009, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Offer seems to be extended to 31 May. The window in English refers to 2 flights to activate in the body of the text, but 1 flight in the picture ad and 1 return flight on the fax form. A bit confusing.

http://milesandmore-aktionen.de/ital..._Online_EN.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.