FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status match (official promotion for Italian residents)
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:36 am
DFW-SEN

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
I called this morning to ask about the benefits. I was transferred to a supervisor who "knew more about the promotion" than the regular representatives. She said that she knew nothing about the overdraft, however, upon completion of the required roundtrip on LX/LH/OS in any booking class, within 72 hours the account would be updated to SEN and 2 eVouchers would be in the account. And again next year, 2010, 2 more eVouchers would be deposited into the account. So, 4 eVouchers in total. The expiration of the status match is valid through Feb 2011 and to requalify for status requires flying the 100K during 2010. (Or, I suppose if you are really eager, you could fly 100K in Jan/Feb 2011!! I bet there are more than a few FTers out there willing to do that!)
She also noted that all accounts in this promotion are being monitored for address changes. If someone applies for this status match and has changed their address from outside of Italy to inside of Italy within the past 3 months, they will be sent a letter asking for a copy of their Italian "carta d'identita", Italian passport, certificato di residenza, or other concrete proof of residency in Italy. If an account is in Italy, the status match is granted, and the account address is changed to be outside of Italy before the expiration of the status, M&M will be notified immediately and they will contact the flyer to request documentation for a valid change of residence reason with proof.
The quote in red makes the entire statement of this "supervisor" completely incredible. She is clearly making this up and has no clue.

S