Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Welcome/Arrival lounge in Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by ami011
Hi All,
My first post here... so, please pardon the ignorance.

I am arriving into FRA from IAD at 7:35 AM (LH operated flight - Business class) on 6/29 and have a connection to MAA at 11 AM the same day (LH operated - Business class as well).

Since i have about 3.5 hours to kill, can i use the arrivals lounge considering that i have a connection later in the day ? I carry a US passport so this would probably be a non-schengen to non-schengen ?

Thanks !
With a US passport you are allowed to enter the Schengen zone with the only downside of one additional stamp in your passport.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
I would recommend 2 hours transit time to use the Welcome Lounge. When transiting non-schengen to schengen (as you are), you must clear passport control and security in any case to get to your connecting flight. By visiting the landside welcome lounge you do not endure any additional checks than what you would normally have to do.

If you don't want to risk it with only 1h40, you can use the Business Lounge near gate A26, or if still a *G, the SEN lounge in the same location. Both have showers though can be crowded in the mornings. Most schengen flights leave from pier A.
One clarification as the OP is flying to VCE: frequently VCE uses gate B09- in this case, the OP would be better to take a shower in the B Business lounge near arrival (if the OP arrives in B), THEN clear passport control/security and go to the gate... save a lot of walking
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
...the OP would be better to take a shower in the B Business lounge near arrival (if the OP arrives in B), THEN clear passport control/security and go to the gate... save a lot of walking
But the Welcome Lounge has much nicer showers and offers a better choice of breakfast. After a TATL flight and with 3.5 hrs to kill, walking to the Welcome Lounge and back might be quite a "welcome" change.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Mariott, CO
Thanks NewbieRunner and SleepOverGreenland...i will probably spend about 1.5 hours at the lounge, so that i leave at 9:50 AM, which should hopefully, give me enough time to clear passport control and walk to the gates.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Enjoy your visit to the FRA Welcome Lounge and a belated welcome to FT!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Hi we will be arrving on 29 Aug on LH 431 from ORD at 0655 then connecting to LH 3880 to ATH departing at 0915 in C (mad that LH is retiring the A300 and substituting an A321 instead).

Will that be enough time to use the Welcome Lounge and shower? I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ordogg
Hi we will be arrving on 29 Aug on LH 431 from ORD at 0655 then connecting to LH 3880 to ATH departing at 0915 in C (mad that LH is retiring the A300 and substituting an A321 instead).

Will that be enough time to use the Welcome Lounge and shower? I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks!
Depends where you arrive. If you arrive at C term, it might be tough with lot of walking around the airport and clearing security again. What works for you is Saturday, so wait lines for security shouldn't be long. Also TATL flights tend to arrive earlier then expected. Depending on all the circumstances, play by the ear when you arrive.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
So my folks are arriving on LH F from HKG at 6.45pm. They have Singapore/Indonesian passport, can they use the B lounge before they clear C&I and then head to their hotel in FRA?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But the Welcome Lounge has much nicer showers and offers a better choice of breakfast. After a TATL flight and with 3.5 hrs to kill, walking to the Welcome Lounge and back might be quite a "welcome" change.
I agree with all that, but the place seems horribly under-used. It's not targetted at transfers, but i paid my second visit last week and there were no more than half a dozen folk there over two hours. Nice for me, but it seems an ill-conceived investment.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I agree with all that, but the place seems horribly under-used. It's not targetted at transfers, but i paid my second visit last week and there were no more than half a dozen folk there over two hours. Nice for me, but it seems an ill-conceived investment.
More a case of being poorly advertised !
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by indo79
So my folks are arriving on LH F from HKG at 6.45pm. They have Singapore/Indonesian passport, can they use the B lounge before they clear C&I and then head to their hotel in FRA?
The Arrival lounge is after C&I, but it's closed at 6.45 pm anyway. They can use the FCL though, before C&I.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by jarino
The Arrival lounge is after C&I, but it's closed at 6.45 pm anyway. They can use the FCL though, before C&I.
If the flight arrives in the B area and not the C area. (has been known to happen...)
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also note that there are not the usual amount of C pax flying right now...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know about an ill-conceived investment- seems to me to be one more reason to fly LH for most pax.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
I agree with all that, but the place seems horribly under-used.
Interesting. Per this forum each lounge is either horribly under-used or terribly over-crowded.

I am more for the under-used lounges, to be honest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.