Lufthansa Welcome/Arrival lounge in Frankfurt

Old Feb 24, 09, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold
Lufthansa Welcome/Arrival lounge in Frankfurt

I noticed the newly opened Lufthansa Welcome/Arrival lounge in Frankfurt two weeks ago. I was in a hurry so I did not try to go inside. I was wondering can *G members (non M&M) arriving on Star Alliance flights (non LH) use the lounge also?

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Feb 25, 09 at 8:07 am
Old Feb 24, 09, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PP, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Unfortunately the lounge is only for F, C, SEN, HON, FTL and *G passengers arriving on longhaul flights operated by LH (flights LH400-799).

Arriving on any flight other than LH400-799 does not qualify for access.
Old Feb 24, 09, 4:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SFTNYC View Post
Unfortunately the lounge is only for F, C, SEN, HON, FTL and *G passengers arriving on longhaul flights operated by LH (flights LH400-799).
According to LH's lounge information page the new FRA Arrivals Lounge is only for F, C, HON, SEN and FTL arriving on longhaul flights operated by LH but not for *G unless travelling in F or C.
Old Feb 24, 09, 5:33 pm

Thanks for the clarification Newbie. I apologize for my mistake regarding *G. So then effectively it's F, C, HON, SEN, FTL on LH400-799 only, right?
Old Feb 24, 09, 7:02 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks for the clarification Newbie. I apologize for my mistake regarding *G. So then effectively it's F, C, HON, SEN, FTL on LH400-799 only, right?
Plus LH arrivals from ALG, BEY, CMN, GOJ, KUF, KZN, PEE, SVX, TUN, UFA according to the LH lounge information page. Some further information here and a report with photos.
Old Feb 25, 09, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
SENs and HONs can bring one guest too if they travelled on the same flight. I just checked with the lounge warden in the lounge.
Old Feb 25, 09, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Plus LH arrivals from ALG, BEY, CMN, GOJ, KUF, KZN, PEE, SVX, TUN, UFA according to the LH lounge information page.
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
SENs and HONs can bring one guest too if they travelled on the same flight. I just checked with the lounge warden in the lounge.
LOL, TUN... now we know where to get some more deluxe beer, after a "night out" on TUN airport...
Old Feb 25, 09, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
LOL, TUN... now we know where to get some more deluxe beer, after a "night out" on TUN airport...
Sounds like a plan.
They have Pils and Hefeweizen here on tap plus a selection of wine.
Old Feb 25, 09, 5:00 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
HONs can use the lounge after arrival on any flight.
Old Feb 25, 09, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
HONs can use the lounge after arrival on any flight.
thats good to know, thanks for the heads up
Old Feb 25, 09, 7:24 am

and i just returned from CPT with the family....i was impressed. OK it is NOT the FCT/FCL level, but lightyears better than any other SEN lounge rubbish that i have seen lately. freshly prepared eggs for breakfast, a full fledged buffet, nice showers, bathrooms. I am impressed. Way to go LH!
Old Feb 25, 09, 2:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver
Need clarification

Let me see if I understand correctly:

I will be flying LH in C class from LAX to FRA connecting same day to VCE (1:40 connection time). Since my final destination is not FRA, the only way to use the arrivals lounge would be to exit to baggage claim, use the lounge, and then go back through security to catch my connection to VCE? Is that correct?

If I am correct, which lounge would you recommend using in FRA if I don't have time to use the arrivals lounge? Currently *Gold but only for 3 more days

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 09, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by mjeske01 View Post
Let me see if I understand correctly:

I will be flying LH in C class from LAX to FRA connecting same day to VCE (1:40 connection time). Since my final destination is not FRA, the only way to use the arrivals lounge would be to exit to baggage claim, use the lounge, and then go back through security to catch my connection to VCE? Is that correct?

If I am correct, which lounge would you recommend using in FRA if I don't have time to use the arrivals lounge? Currently *Gold but only for 3 more days

Thanks.
I would recommend 2 hours transit time to use the Welcome Lounge. When transiting non-schengen to schengen (as you are), you must clear passport control and security in any case to get to your connecting flight. By visiting the landside welcome lounge you do not endure any additional checks than what you would normally have to do.

If you don't want to risk it with only 1h40, you can use the Business Lounge near gate A26, or if still a *G, the SEN lounge in the same location. Both have showers though can be crowded in the mornings. Most schengen flights leave from pier A.
Old Feb 25, 09, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver
Thanks for the quick reply and excellent information.

I would recommend 2 hours transit time to use the Welcome Lounge. When transiting non-schengen to schengen (as you are), you must clear passport control and security in any case to get to your connecting flight. By visiting the landside welcome lounge you do not endure any additional checks than what you would normally have to do.

If you don't want to risk it with only 1h40, you can use the Business Lounge near gate A26, or if still a *G, the SEN lounge in the same location. Both have showers though can be crowded in the mornings. Most schengen flights leave from pier A.
Old Jun 3, 09, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Premier, Mariott, CO
Arrivals lounge in FRA... ok for transit ?

Hi All,
My first post here... so, please pardon the ignorance.

I am arriving into FRA from IAD at 7:35 AM (LH operated flight - Business class) on 6/29 and have a connection to MAA at 11 AM the same day (LH operated - Business class as well).

Since i have about 3.5 hours to kill, can i use the arrivals lounge considering that i have a connection later in the day ? I carry a US passport so this would probably be a non-schengen to non-schengen ?

Thanks !

Search this Thread