Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Glenlivet

On a another note they only mention First Class passengers, what about HON's???
I must believe that HON's can use any lounge they want at any time or type of
connection .
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by zoegksf
... Is there really that much of a difference between the FCL and FCT besides the size and all that scotch?
Nope as we are talking here about a lounge that is to open mid Feb with all the bells and whistles of the FCT and some more new ones such as a SPA element amongst others.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Shofar
How would it work if arriving in C and departing in F?

Shofar
As pointed out by flysurfer, Flying Lawyer and myself it shouldn't be a problem to use the FCT. If they introduce another FCL I don't the any value in walking over to the FCT though apart from the case provided by flysurfer.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:12 am

Programs: LH SEN for Life
IF the new FCL will have its own security and delivery by car to the airplane, then it will be great. That is one of the biggest advantages of the FCT for some flights.

Shofar
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by kevinsac
I am guessing that LH will publish those "rules" as an attempt to discourage folks on a connection to C. But I seriously doubt that LH staff turn away any passenger who arrived in F who then stands in front of the doors and wants to use the FCT for a few hours. I simply can not imagine LH telling someone to go over to the main terminal and fight thru security there.
i have seen people getting "thrown out" of the FCT and shuttled back to the main terminal more than once, so why wouldnt they enforce this. and in all fairness, why not?
why is it so hard to understand for some people here, that no one benefits from everyone on a connection walking over to the FCT. i only ever use it when i start in FRA or know that my connecting flight leaves from a B busgate / outside position. on those cases my stop there is 5-10mins at the most and just to avoid the busride. now that there is a lounge with car transfer there is absolutely no reason to walk over to the FCT if your connection leaves from B... it never ever made sense if your connection leaves from A... all pax divided between the FCL A, FCL B and FCT will be better for everyone...
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, SPG PLATINUM, MR GOLD, AX CENTURION, etc.
FCT and new FCL

I just tried to compare the size of the FCT and the new FCL.

LH.com says that the FCT has got a size of 1800 sqm compared to 1220 sqm of the new FCL.

So it seems that the new FCL will be also quite big, so it will help to split the number of users. I hope that one will have then enough space in both places.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
i have seen people getting "thrown out" of the FCT and shuttled back to the main terminal more than once, so why wouldnt they enforce this. and in all fairness, why not?
Yes, same here. Have seen this multiple times, although I didn't get aware the reasons for that. Aside just once: A very noisy suit and tie guy started shouting on his secretary, that "the stupid blonde" booked him in Business instead of First as usual and he will go and fire her and bla bla bla.

Made me and two others as we had to see this situation, while waiting for a free PA to help us in.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a
I must believe that HON's can use any lounge they want at any time or type of
connection .
i would disagree. Based on the letter that i received from Mr A (on Hon Circle paper), it CLEARLY reads under FCT (translated):
"The FCT will only be reserved to those passengers, whose originating airport is Frankfurt. In this context, the shuttle service from Terminal 1 to the FCT will no longer be offered. Connecting passengers are welcome to use our FCL at concourse a or b."

no differentiation between hon and first. in fact it is also vague as to when exactly those rules go into effect but i guess as long as the FCL in B is NOT open, connecting pax are still "tolerated" at the FCT.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Yes, same here. Have seen this multiple times, although I didn't get aware the reasons for that. Aside just once: A very noisy suit and tie guy started shouting on his secretary, that "the stupid blonde" booked him in Business instead of First as usual and he will go and fire her and bla bla bla.

Made me and two others as we had to see this situation, while waiting for a free PA to help us in.
on of those occasions may have been me.... although i certainly didnt threaten to fire my (non existing) secretary...much rather i was swearing at the airline that had provided my with a ticket in a booking class that was not accepted.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by yapak2
i would disagree. Based on the letter that i received from Mr A (on Hon Circle paper), it CLEARLY reads under FCT (translated):
"The FCT will only be reserved to those passengers, whose originating airport is Frankfurt. In this context, the shuttle service from Terminal 1 to the FCT will no longer be offered. Connecting passengers are welcome to use our FCL at concourse a or b."

no differentiation between hon and first. in fact it is also vague as to when exactly those rules go into effect but i guess as long as the FCL in B is NOT open, connecting pax are still "tolerated" at the FCT.
And what about pax arriving by train in FRA?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by steffen0212
And what about pax arriving by train in FRA?
Those folks need to fly other airlines or use the main terminal.
Flying F and riding public trains isn't compatible with LH's new customer image.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:18 am

on of those occasions may have been me.... although i certainly didnt threaten to fire my (non existing) secretary...much rather i was swearing at the airline that had provided my with a ticket in a booking class that was not accepted.
Invited to a HON event with a ticket, that was not allowed to use the FCT.

Yes, that I have seen at least twice and been told by my PA once after asking, that it is a stupid rule not letting a HON in on a gifted LH ticket on a trip to join a HON event.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Flying F and riding public trains isn't compatible with LH's new customer image.
But the small curbside drive through doesn't allow to navigate with a Maybach.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:38 am

Thats fine and no problem if you have a short connection.

But I have a difficult time seeing them refusing me access on a longer connection,where I might have left the terminal anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Folks, I just don't get the hype about that FCT. Do you really walk over when it rains or wait for a shuttle bus to the FCT I was there once for looking how it is, but using a normal FCL is more useful for me while transferring. Aren't the advantages of the FCT for transfer passengers (ride to tarmac-positions and own security) eliminated by the remote location?

I would understand that not everybody is amused about that new rule, when there is no replacement - but the replacement will be a spacious lounge inside the terminal with direct transfers to the plane. So why not looking forward to this instead of regretting the remote FCT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.