FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/910005-no-more-fct-access-connecting-passengers-policy-not-place.html)

FlyingSmurf Jan 14, 2009 3:15 am

No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!]

Just have read an email from LH to their registered travel agents (eXperts eXpress).

LH is introducing the new FCL in area B and adds that the FCT will only be for passengers that are starting their journey in FRA. Here is the original text:

"Ab Frühjahr 2009 steht Lufthansa First Class Gästen eine neue, exklusive First Class Lounge in Frankfurt zur Verfügung. Sie befindet sich im Flugsteig B und ersetzt die beiden bisherigen kleineren First Class Lounges B-West und B-Mitte. First Class Reisende können hier erstmals die Annehmlichkeiten eines „First Class Spa - in Cooperation with Babor“ - geniessen.
Die neue First Class Lounge Lounge bietet den selben exklusiven Komfort wie das First Class Terminal. Dieses ist künftig nur noch für First Class Gäste vorgesehen, die Ihre Reise ab Frankfurt beginnen. "

Does that mean, that LH is implementing the rumors of the past (no access for connecting pax, capacity controlled limited access for connecting pax) now officially?

If that is true, they will need the shuttle bus from chkin-area A to the FCT only for passengers that arrive by DB (not from ZWS or QKL on LH) to FRA.

What happens, if arriving on a seperate PNR?

Does anybody have more information about that issue so far?

chumbawumba Jan 14, 2009 3:55 am

FCL and FCT are different.
No duck, and no transfer service to the aircraft in the FCT.

flysurfer Jan 14, 2009 4:00 am

Well, you can always walk to the FCT, because once you have left the airport, you are always beginning a new trip in FRA.

Anyway, this change of rule was to be expected. IIRC, I've read there will be a car service from the B lounge to a/c departing from positions outside of B.

In any case, it's one more reason to avoid FRA at all cost, because the newspaper subscription riffraff form the FCT will now be forced upen the lovely FCLs. This won't change until LH implements an "F awards for elites only" policy, but this would have to happen throughout all *A programs in order to work.

Uli Jan 14, 2009 4:03 am

Originally Posted by chumbawumba (Post 11072685)

i have heard the new lounge will have a car transfer to the aircraft. LH knows they will get the connecting pax out of the FCT if they dont offer this. B-FCL will be better than FCT.

muc_flyer Jan 14, 2009 4:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingSmurf (Post 11072595)
What happens, if arriving on a seperate PNR?

Seperate PNR = new trip = access granted to FCT.

The question might be if FCT will be worth the hazzle after the changes have been implemented...

SleepOverGreenland Jan 14, 2009 4:26 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 11072703)
In any case, it's one more reason to avoid FRA at all cost

Finally this is a good step for those, who really start their journey at FRA. ^

Rambuster Jan 14, 2009 5:34 am

I guess a (real) stopover of >24 hours also qualifies as a new trip from FRA!?
The new B FCL will have a limo service to the C and A gates.

flysurfer Jan 14, 2009 5:56 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 11072766)
Finally this is a good step for those, who really start their journey at FRA. ^

So if we are both flying to LAX and I want to meet you at the FCT, I (connecting from MUC) will have to violently flight my way into the premises? :D

I guess not.

Also, I doubt that FCT staff will look up PNRs and send away guests who hold a valid F BP (arrival or departure). They are busy enough to check boarding passes. Not to mention that there are valid reasons to make a mini stopover at FRA and drive into the city, then return to the airport and catch a connecting flight. Obviously, you'd like to return to the FCT.

IMHO, LH will simply stop the shuttle service between the main terminal and the FCT for connecting pax, which makes perfect sense to me.

htb Jan 14, 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 11072950)
I guess a (real) stopover of >24 hours also qualifies as a new trip from FRA!?

I think the answer is obvious. More interesting are non-stopovers (<24 hours) with a night between arrival and departure, as I have planned later this year...

HTB.

SleepOverGreenland Jan 14, 2009 6:56 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 11073038)
So if we are both flying to LAX and I want to meet you at the FCT, I (connecting from MUC) will have to violently flight my way into the premises? :D

No. I can have a guest with me, if on the same flight. :p :D

SleepOverGreenland Jan 14, 2009 6:59 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 11073209)
I think the answer is obvious. More interesting are non-stopovers (<24 hours) with a night between arrival and departure, as I have planned later this year...

I don't think this will be an issue. The issue was and still is, that hords of incoming guests with early morning F arrivals and on a connection made their way to the FCT. If most of those will be guided to the new FCL in B now, all is good.

oliver2002 Jan 14, 2009 7:18 am

Originally Posted by chumbawumba (Post 11072685)

They have the ducks in the FCL too. Just ask the bathroom attendant :)

flysurfer Jan 14, 2009 7:18 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 11073290)
The issue was and still is, that hords of incoming guests with early morning F arrivals and on a connection made their way to the FCT. If most of those will be guided to the new FCL in B now, all is good.

Yep. Nice, empty FCT, and a overcrowded B lounge.

ckc123 Jan 14, 2009 7:25 am

This is a little concerning to me as I get to FRA from IAD in F and go on to CPT later in the evening(15+ hour layover) in Business, even though it's a first class seat. I was looking forward to sipping on the scotches after my day room visit at the Sheraton hotel at the airport.

baggageinhall Jan 14, 2009 8:15 am

Any idea when this lounge opens?

Any ideas as to when this lounge is due to open and presumably a change in policy?

The press release indicates 'Spring 2009' so I assume I'm safe to use the lounge in the first week of February on my way to DEL in F?