Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

You can ONLY have 1 and a half pieces of bread for breakfast in C-class in LH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You can ONLY have 1 and a half pieces of bread for breakfast in C-class in LH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:05 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
You lowly silver card?
Exactly that one... which - btw - has been earned mostly on BA Y shorthauls. I try to avoid BA longhaul as good as I can... I prefer the US carriers. Like my AA flight to JFK this evening.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:07 am
WIZ

Programs: LH SEN, AY, AA, FB, HHONORS, PC
Question

Originally Posted by Triple3
Don't you dare say something against the new UA F? Still the seat is way better than LH's...

What? WHAT? I'll hand in my card immediately.

This might be a stupid question and not related to the food discussion in this thread but I didn't think it necessary to start another thread. What is SEN+ that I see in your signature and in some other's too?? Is it some kind of inside joke? Or is it referring to HON?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by WIZ
What is SEN+ that I see in your signature and in some other's too?? Is it some kind of inside joke? Or is it referring to HON?
Urgh.....

I recommend using the search function... alternatively you can go and ask e.g. roundtheworld, andre1970 or weero abt. it - but you run the risk of them not liking you afterwards...

Btw.: A SEN+ can never be compared to a HON. SEN+ is truly unique.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WIZ
This might be a stupid question and not related to the food discussion in this thread but I didn't think it necessary to start another thread. What is SEN+ that I see in your signature and in some other's too?? Is it some kind of inside joke? Or is it referring to HON?
SEN+ = Wannabe HON? Or here's the authoritative version

Why is it that every other thread in this forum ends up as a LH F vs UA F debate and the remainder either as SEN+ or FCT discussion?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why is it that every other thread in this forum ends up as a LH F vs UA F debate and the remainder either as SEN+ or FCT discussion?
Because this forum focuses on the important aspects of flying. It's not OT with the very first post as e.g. the BA forum.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
SEN+ = Wannabe HON? Or here's the authoritative version

Why is it that every other thread in this forum ends up as a LH F vs UA F
Because this thread started with a US rant about LH and we have a tendency to defend our national carrier.
And LH hates UA Elites (and v/v) anyway.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:19 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Recently I recognized me listed as HON+ on a pax list. ^
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Recently I recognized me listed as HON+ on a pax list. ^
Don't get started.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a reminder to stay on topic. Otherwise this thread will be closed.

Take care!

totti
M&M moderator
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by totti
This is a reminder to stay on topic. Otherwise this thread will be closed.
Told ya.
Sheer disaster.
But still loving it.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Well, instead of limiting to one and a half pieces each LH could have downsized bread rolls if they needed to cut costs a la new *A lounge at LHR T1.

However I'm happy to report that the quality of cheese sandwiches in LH Y has improved substantially in recent months .
April 2008
September 2008
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Or they just want to fly LH to complain afterwards about bad seats, bad IFE, bad lounges, horrible FRA airport, incorrect English and inpolite FAs? And lack of steaks?
this is a common debate tactic: instead of focusing on subject we have a noisy bait & switch distraction. almost 40 posts of whimsy for no reason.

i too think it was not enough bread for lh crossborder c-class expectation, full stop. he didn't want a loaf, he wanted two whole pieces.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by LHstatus
he wanted two whole pieces.
Then we're agreed - the OP is half a croissant short of a continental breakfast.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Well in my entourage we often have breakfast early.

Before a race we often go out till midnight - the next day a race starts usually between 7 and 8 AM - we usually get up at 4 AM latest and have breakfast at 4:30 .... for a 6AM departure to the start - then off to a nice workout for a couple of hours at least.

Actually -- this happens a couple of times a week - and then off to the office...
Sounds like showing up really late for work is also very popular "in your entourage"!
alternatively you can go and ask e.g. roundtheworld, andre1970 or weero abt. it - but you run the risk of them not liking you afterwards...
Nah, investing in me not liking you will get you a purely riskless rate, uh, riskless hate.
Btw.: A SEN+ can never be compared to a HON. SEN+ is truly unique.
Read: Triple3 is the only (one who thinks he is a) SEN+
Originally Posted by totti
This is a reminder to stay on topic.
FWIW, I never faced any bread rationing aboard LH . And normally, I eat breakfast in the lounge (or at home). That's what lounges are for... @:-)
Originally Posted by LHstatus
this is a common debate tactic: instead of focusing on subject we have a noisy bait & switch distraction. almost 40 posts of whimsy for no reason.

i too think it was not enough bread for lh crossborder c-class expectation, full stop. he didn't want a loaf, he wanted two whole pieces.
Learned at school that a new sentence that follows a full stop always has a capital letter. Or was that a piece of whimsy too?

Last edited by andre1970; Nov 18, 2008 at 7:12 am
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by jib71
He should write to LH and explain "Thanks to your tightfisted catering policy, I'm half a croissant short of a continental breakfast."
^

Although I understand he already got a full croissant and not only a half.

I'm thinking the OP just didn't get the sarcasm in the answer of the FA. No FA would ever mean such a statement serious, but the OP wrongly took it personal. My 2 cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.