Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

You can ONLY have 1 and a half pieces of bread for breakfast in C-class in LH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You can ONLY have 1 and a half pieces of bread for breakfast in C-class in LH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy You can ONLY have 1 and a half pieces of bread for breakfast in C-class in LH

I had a very interesting experience aboard a Lufthansa jet.

Besides having forgotten to load local press aboard the aircraft, while having breakfast (flying business class), I asked for an additional croissant (I had gotten 1 croissant and 1 piece of bread).

The answer I got was: "No, you cannot have it" The purser said that they had only loaded the two pieces that they gave, and that she could bring me one of those wrapped pieces.

I asked how was this possible for a respectable airline, and was given the following answer:

"Most people don't eat any bread/croissant, and YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET ONLY 1 AND A HALF - YOU GOT 2, WHICH IS MORE THAN YOU SHOULD GET!"

This is where our conversation ended, as I didn't want to ruin my day from the early morning.

Was I asking for too much?

Last edited by InquiringMind; Nov 17, 2008 at 3:01 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by InquiringMind
Was that a 20 minute hop or a 12 hour flight?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

That was a 1h15 flight taking off at 6:30 AM, requiring you to show up latest at 6:00 AM at the airport. - NOT THAT THIS INFORMATION SHOULD MATTER.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:28 pm

welcome to FlyerTalk, I suppose
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:29 pm

This is where our conversation ended, as I didn't want to ruin my day from the early morning.

Maybe , maybe not.
My opinion is that LH has one of Europe's best C breakfasts , they maybe starting to go a bit to far to the healthy side imho , fruits, low fat yogurt etc
instead of classic bunderteller with nice German hams and cheeses.

You can always try Croissant heaven on AF next time.

Last edited by totti; Nov 18, 2008 at 1:56 am Reason: Fixed quote for better readability
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seat 1a
My opinion is that LH has one of Europe's best C breakfasts , they maybe starting to go a bit to far to the healthy side imho , fruits, low fat yogurt etc

There was nothing healthy about this breakfast... I tried asking for milk, they brought me an open box from the previous day, and asked if I was sure I wanted some milk

Btw, have you ever tried OS breakfast? Now, that is a true breakfast.

I am surprised that the comment 1 and a half (as in 1 1/2) doesn't surprise anybody...

Last edited by totti; Nov 18, 2008 at 1:57 am Reason: Fixed quote for better readability
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH (*gold) / EK / Flying Blue / BMI (*silver)
Originally Posted by seat 1a
Maybe , maybe not.

I agree with both - the general good quality of their breakfast and the way to the overhealthy part. I mean - vegetable sticks and fruit plate...

To the op: There are routes where they offer warmed breadrolls from the oven and routes where you get cold ones. On the "warm" routes they have plenty of everything - on the "cold" routes the breadrolls are indeed exactly counted from catering - 2 per tray. I find that a little bit too much costcutting too - but on the other side, never left the plane hungry.

Last edited by totti; Nov 18, 2008 at 1:57 am Reason: Fixed quote for better readability
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:45 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie
That was a 1h15 flight taking off at 6:30 AM, requiring you to show up latest at 6:00 AM at the airport. - NOT THAT THIS INFORMATION SHOULD MATTER.
well, they cater to the average business customer's needs for a one hour flight.

next time you can have my croissant as I just have coffee for breakfast
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GK1998
well, they cater to the average business customer's needs for a one hour flight.

next time you can have my croissant as I just have coffee for breakfast
Well, I was the only pax in business class.

We probably have different backgrounds, but I am not aware of anyone in my entourage who is able to have breakfast at 5am or earlier (which is the time at which you leave home to catch an early morning flight).

Me personally, I always choose OS when possible schedule wise (just love their catering) - unfortunately, I HAD to fly LH this time. Next time, I'll just fly Economy (I'm a SEN, so don't lose too much on the perks, if any), and then we see if the 50 cents savings on the croissant was worth the 700 EUR less in revenue from a C pax downgrading to Y
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just over a year ago they were certainly more generous with bread on a 1h30min flight taking off at 9:25am. No, it wasn't a special meal and I must say that for a brunch this offering was a little too healthy.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Well, I was the only pax in business class.
So what were they going to do with 1/2 of bread that you were not supposed to get?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So what were they going to do with 1/2 of bread that you were not supposed to get?
While I'm confident this thread will end in sheer disaster, I already start to love it.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
... I already start to love it.
That sounds like a kiss of death!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Talking "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding"

There was nothing healthy about this breakfast...
Come on, they managed to save you from those extra 200 calories (=>1/2 hr on the treadmill ) and now you claim that nothing was healthy about this breakfast?
Next time, I'll just fly Economy (I'm a SEN, so don't lose too much on the perks, if any)...
Fair enough. You said it was an 1.5hr 6AM flight. Worst case scenario, you would have a SEN lounge available on at least one end of your short trip. Why didn't you use it? It definitely wouldn't change the FA's opinion, but it could have spared you the surrealistic conversation. And it would have bought you an extra 1.5 hrs of sleep!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
This thread is quote-challenged !

Welcome to FT InquiringMind ^. Yes, LH is stingy food wise in C, I had to experience this many times too .. but I got used to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.