Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag vanished in MUC - strike related?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Completely gone or was it just not on the same flight with you?
Completely disappeared.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Triple3
Completely disappeared.
Did you have 30 years worth of your history in there?
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:53 am

My history still does not reach back 30 years.

I just have a bad feeling wrt LH being nice and compensating me for more than the 1,100 Euros they have to.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Triple3
But I'm having the same fun again since LH lost my bag on a simple HAM-FRA. Even more annoying: This time it seems that LH insists on not paying more than they have to acc. to the Montreal Convention.
The Montreal Convention is not applicable for a domestic flight, only German law.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by jarino
The Montreal Convention is not applicable for a domestic flight, only German law.
Not strictly accurate as LH applies the MC to domestic flights, too. After all it's an enhancement to the German LuVG ... 1000 SDRs are usually more than one would get via the LuVG (27,39 € / kg).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 7:14 am

The German law mentions now 1000 SDR as well:
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/luftvg/__47.html
Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:13 pm
Gaz
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
I've still had no word on this which makes it look quite unlikely I'll never see this particular bag again.

What's the best procedure with regards to compensation? Are LH responsible for my bag, given they were the ones to initially check it?

At present, LH seem to be claiming SilkAir are responsible as they claim to have delivered the bag into Singapore.

If possible, I would much rather process the claim via LH rather than SilkAir. If I do need to go through SilkAir, this makes the situation much gloomier, because not only do I need to spend time phoning Singapore rather than Germany, but SilkAir are unlikely to compensate me much as a non-status, discount economy flyer. With LH I was a *Gold flying paid business class

Any advice?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 8:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK the carrier of the last leg is responsible for compensation for lost/delayed luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.