Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Exciting' enhancements to OS longhaul

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Wink 'Exciting' enhancements to OS longhaul

OS found the key to success:

Introducing the Austrian "Feel Good Program"

It's no secret that other airlines are cutting costs and services wherever they can, but at Austrian Airlines, we're taking the opposite approach and are offering passengers a "little bit extra" on all long-haul flights with the new "Feel Good Program," including:

-A personal water bottle for every passenger who boards the aircraft, whether in Economy or Business class, filled with refreshing Austrian Vöslauer spring water.

-Exclusive Riedel glasses: Austrian Airlines Business Class has just enhanced its beverage service further by joining forces with Riedel - the renowned Austrian glass manufacturer. Not only has Riedel designed a special champagne glass exclusively for Austrian, but on all long-haul and Premium service flights, drinks will be served in "O" series glasses - a trendy reinterpretation of the classic wine glass.

-A "turn down" service which pampers Business Class passengers by drawing crisp white linens over their blankets and pillow. A five star hotel experience in the sky!

Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:38 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Never liked Vöslauer. They could have done better...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
A five star hotel experience in the sky!

Somebody knows a *****-hotel with angled beds?

(OK, other airlines call their hutches "suites" ).
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:31 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
OS found the key to success:
Really ?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
A bottle of water is nice - it is a cheapo thing that costs them nothing and the water may be average (i have no idea), but the fact of having your own bottle and not having to ask FA for a refill on a 10 hr flight is a big plus. I go through 10 glasses of water on my TATL flights and usually try to buy a good size bottle at the airport.

Now, if this is a tiny bottle - it is worthless.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Not only has Riedel designed a special champagne glass exclusively for Austrian, but on all long-haul and Premium service flights, drinks will be served in "O" series glasses
^^^

Gotta love the "O" series
Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by boggs
Now, if this is a tiny bottle - it is worthless.
The standard bottle issue in OS is about 1 glass worth: see pics 101 and 98 here: http://www.airlinemeals.net/meals/Au...nes061080.html
Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by boggs
A bottle of water is nice - it is a cheapo thing that costs them nothing and the water may be average (i have no idea), but the fact of having your own bottle and not having to ask FA for a refill on a 10 hr flight is a big plus.
Well, I thought it was a great idea! At BOM they hand it out to everyone just before boarding the aerobridges... (last year)

Makes it a *lot* easier on the crew, if it's a full flight, I would imagine, and generates a lot of goodwill among pax!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Looking forward to my angled white sheets.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:38 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Looking forward to my angled white sheets.
Have you threatened OS, so that they have to introduce the service for you and your VIE-NRT-VIE flight ?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:54 pm

They just let him pass by early august and THEN they gonna start that new service.

"das „kleine bisschen Mehr“ an Service auf Flügen nach Bangkok, Tokio, Peking, Toronto, Washington, New York, Chicago (bis 26. Oktober)"
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:05 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by red star
They just let him pass by early august and THEN they gonna start that new service.

"das „kleine bisschen Mehr“ an Service auf Flügen nach Bangkok, Tokio, Peking, Toronto, Washington, New York, Chicago (bis 26. Oktober)"
Great news for flysurfer !!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta-PM Continental-PM
So where are the PJ's????
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:04 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
A nice touch from OS. Water bottles are always good and turn down service could be nice as well.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:10 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by dravi
So where are the PJ's????
Jet have the PJ's on board in C/J!

(However, they keep wavering on the BOM-SIN routes, sometimes have them, sometimes not...lately not! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.