FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   'Exciting' enhancements to OS longhaul (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/848643-exciting-enhancements-os-longhaul.html)

oliver2002 Jul 25, 2008 12:21 pm

'Exciting' enhancements to OS longhaul

OS found the key to success::D

Introducing the Austrian "Feel Good Program"

It's no secret that other airlines are cutting costs and services wherever they can, but at Austrian Airlines, we're taking the opposite approach and are offering passengers a "little bit extra" on all long-haul flights with the new "Feel Good Program," including:

-A personal water bottle for every passenger who boards the aircraft, whether in Economy or Business class, filled with refreshing Austrian Vöslauer spring water.

-Exclusive Riedel glasses: Austrian Airlines Business Class has just enhanced its beverage service further by joining forces with Riedel - the renowned Austrian glass manufacturer. Not only has Riedel designed a special champagne glass exclusively for Austrian, but on all long-haul and Premium service flights, drinks will be served in "O" series glasses - a trendy reinterpretation of the classic wine glass.

-A "turn down" service which pampers Business Class passengers by drawing crisp white linens over their blankets and pillow. A five star hotel experience in the sky!

DTS Jul 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Never liked Vöslauer. They could have done better...:)

rorschi Jul 25, 2008 12:41 pm

A five star hotel experience in the sky!
:rolleyes:

Somebody knows a *****-hotel with angled beds?

(OK, other airlines call their hutches "suites" ;)).

szg Jul 25, 2008 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 10096131)
OS found the key to success::D

Really ? ;)

boggs Jul 25, 2008 1:40 pm

A bottle of water is nice - it is a cheapo thing that costs them nothing and the water may be average (i have no idea), but the fact of having your own bottle and not having to ask FA for a refill on a 10 hr flight is a big plus. I go through 10 glasses of water on my TATL flights and usually try to buy a good size bottle at the airport.

Now, if this is a tiny bottle - it is worthless.

andre1970 Jul 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Not only has Riedel designed a special champagne glass exclusively for Austrian, but on all long-haul and Premium service flights, drinks will be served in "O" series glasses
^^^

Gotta love the "O" series :o:D

oliver2002 Jul 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by boggs (Post 10096563)
Now, if this is a tiny bottle - it is worthless.

The standard bottle issue in OS is about 1 glass worth: see pics 101 and 98 here: http://www.airlinemeals.net/meals/Au...nes061080.html

SuperFlyBoy Jul 25, 2008 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by boggs (Post 10096563)
A bottle of water is nice - it is a cheapo thing that costs them nothing and the water may be average (i have no idea), but the fact of having your own bottle and not having to ask FA for a refill on a 10 hr flight is a big plus.

Well, I thought it was a great idea! At BOM they hand it out to everyone just before boarding the aerobridges... (last year)

Makes it a *lot* easier on the crew, if it's a full flight, I would imagine, and generates a lot of goodwill among pax!

flysurfer Jul 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Looking forward to my angled white sheets. :rolleyes:

szg Jul 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 10097110)
Looking forward to my angled white sheets. :rolleyes:

Have you threatened OS, so that they have to introduce the service for you and your VIE-NRT-VIE flight ? ;)

red star Jul 25, 2008 3:54 pm

They just let him pass by early august and THEN they gonna start that new service.

"das „kleine bisschen Mehr“ an Service auf Flügen nach Bangkok, Tokio, Peking, Toronto, Washington, New York, Chicago (bis 26. Oktober)"

szg Jul 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by red star (Post 10097359)
They just let him pass by early august and THEN they gonna start that new service.

"das „kleine bisschen Mehr“ an Service auf Flügen nach Bangkok, Tokio, Peking, Toronto, Washington, New York, Chicago (bis 26. Oktober)"

Great news for flysurfer !! :D

dravi Jul 25, 2008 4:24 pm

So where are the PJ's????

DownUnderFlyer Jul 25, 2008 9:04 pm

A nice touch from OS. Water bottles are always good and turn down service could be nice as well.

SuperFlyBoy Jul 26, 2008 12:10 am

Originally Posted by dravi (Post 10097513)
So where are the PJ's????

Jet have the PJ's on board in C/J!

(However, they keep wavering on the BOM-SIN routes, sometimes have them, sometimes not...lately not! :td:)