Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by stargold
FWIW I had a Bognor last month on a SIN-FRA (non-refurb F).
I had Bognor last month as well.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Actually, I wish one of the airlines would give us a classy, but security complicit see-through case. At the moment I use the current UA C-kit which has a mesh fabric that can be partially seen through, so with the other items I consider essential at 35K, I can keep some "liquid" basics like hand cream, cologne and toothpaste in view when it goes through security, and I don't have to remove them to place in a regular plastic baggie.
Sorry to continue us off topic but can you confirm if AC did away with the lip balm or if I have been unlucky? I really like that and find it one of the most useful items of any amenity kit, but didn't see it in the last month westbound.

The UA kit is best as a cosmetic bag as it is long enough for eye pencils. The Bognor kit is a similar size, but I prefer the mesh for the times I put my bag on a wet counter top by accident.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by exbayern
Sorry to continue us off topic but can you confirm if AC did away with the lip balm or if I have been unlucky? I really like that and find it one of the most useful items of any amenity kit, but didn't see it in the last month westbound.

The UA kit is best as a cosmetic bag as it is long enough for eye pencils. The Bognor kit is a similar size, but I prefer the mesh for the times I put my bag on a wet counter top by accident.
AC has a smaller kit for daytime westbound flights from Europe that doesn't contain the hand lotion and lip balm, just socks/eyeshade, ear plugs and toothbrush/toothpaste. PM me if you want some unused AC lip balm, I've got a few of their kits I can scavenge from.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:57 pm

Actually, I wish one of the airlines would give us a classy, but security complicit see-through case.
Trying to picture in my mind what a classy, see-through case would involve... somehow I can't help but think that it would only end up like SQ's current effort which involves something like this:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=108
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Guess you just can't win...I'm just glad SQ's dumped that foul smelling blue Bulgari cologne! Though maybe what's illustrated is more suitable for C/J than F, er the exterior not the contents.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:51 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
AC has a smaller kit for daytime westbound flights from Europe that doesn't contain the hand lotion and lip balm, just socks/eyeshade, ear plugs and toothbrush/toothpaste. PM me if you want some unused AC lip balm, I've got a few of their kits I can scavenge from.
And also AC's night time flights leaving LIM-YYZ that are 8 hrs in length.

I fear they may be trying to cut costs anywhere they can!!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Flew FRA-MEX 10 days ago: Bogner. Left it on the plane. And the FCT was out of duckies, too.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Is there any route that still has those kits the RIMOWA
Thank You
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Flew FRA-MEX 10 days ago: Bogner. Left it on the plane. And the FCT was out of duckies, too.
Yes, I left my Bognor kit on the plane as well, very poor I thought.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iainbhx
Yes, I left my Bognor kit on the plane as well, very poor I thought.
There appears to be a new version of the Bognor kit though. On my BOS-MUC flight last night received a different case from the usual one. This was the same brown (for men, red for women) colouring but more traditional squat squarish design instead of the older, thinner tapered ones. Contents are the same as in the past. (Picked up a lady duck to go with the male one I got at the MUC FCL last month. Guess I'll see tomorrow if FRA FCT has restocked.)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stargold
Cleaning out, paving the way for another enhancement probably? Expect clear plastic bags, to help customers comply with the latest enhanced security procedures

FWIW I had a Bognor last month on a SIN-FRA (non-refurb F).
The claimed reason for the plastic bag "security" requirement was that a sealed plastic bag would concentrate odors that would further enable detection of restricted items. Given how most of the plastic bags were rarely examined for sealing and rarely have the odors within or (proximate to) a plastic bag being screened using appropriate technology, the dog and pony show around liquids/gels/aerosols was an "enhancement" just like airlines use the word "enhance" (and its affiliates) when it comes to devaluing the "loyalty" programs.

The LH "metal" pencil box cases in business class too would be just fine if "security" clowns (and their cheerleaders) stopped with this L/G/As in a plastic bag nonsense.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

October 17, MEX-FRA: Bogner (blue). FA said she hadn't seen any Rimowas in a while now. Left it behind again. But I took the pyjama as a souvenir. Forgot to ask for a duckie at the FCL, so I don't know if they're back in stock.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

I am on Munich Dubai flight tomorrow evening 24 October. What sort of kits do you think they will have?

F seems not full yet - LH website still selling 3 seats though it can change.

More changes to get Boegner I suppose?

If so I always get the man's size. Better for keeping. I always find use for them storing some nice things like silk threads and such.

I would love a Rimowa though. Never got lucky on all the flights I have been. Return will be to FRA Oct 30. Rimowa would be a treat.

Would save me from buying one off fleabay. I prefer Concorde's Anya Hindmarch kits if I spend money as they are becoming rare. I am sure the Rimowa kits will be around for a while still.

oh... and I hope the FRA FCT will have restocked on duckies as I will be spending several hours in there next Sunday. I want to take one home and one from the MUC F lounge tomorrow!

Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
The f/a found 2 metal box A380 kits for me; duckie is FRA FCT had glasses and a tie on!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by TPA us ff
The f/a found 2 metal box A380 kits for me;
Those are the business ones, correct?

I really like them (I have 2 versions), but not sure if they will become collector's items - as they were handed out on so many sectors...
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDG1
I am on Munich Dubai flight tomorrow evening 24 October. What sort of kits do you think they will have?
F seems not full yet - LH website still selling 3 seats though it can change.
More changes to get Boegner I suppose?
Probably Bogner. The Rimowas don't seem to be around at the moment. The Bogners are boring and I didn't bother picking them up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.