Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Value of M&M miles (earn/burn ratio) [before part of Misleading LH *A award chart]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Value of M&M miles (earn/burn ratio) [before part of Misleading LH *A award chart]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by weero
Now there is BD. With a great FFP. But I flew BD a few times and that makes is very, very hard to ever going to collect anything with them. I'd not entrust them my used boarding stubs, let alone my hard earned miles ...
So far I have not any real issues in miles posting with BMI. My only real complaint is their incompetent India Call Centre. They keep bungling things up with expensive consequence to the people affected (i.e. ticket not issued...).

I now only use BMI to accumulate *A status miles which do not qualify as HON circle miles, as I seem to be in a dilusional state of mind chasing HONorable status...
Old Jul 6, 2008, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I seem to be in a dilusional state of mind
Marry me!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a friendly reminder to everyone to respect to FT TOS you all agreed to. In particular I ask you to stay on topic, respect other opinions, don't get personal and discuss in a friendly and respectful manner.

If you have any problem with a specific post, please feel free to use RPB so that we can take necessary action if needed.

Have a nice day

totti
M&M moderator
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Marry me!
Would be possible now in California!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Dennis
Would be possible now in California!
You are on my radar, too!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
You are on my radar, too!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: LH and BA
I am one of those idiots sticking to M&M

and obviously I fly a lot.

So why am I so stupid???

I don't even use the promos - but I should....

a) I fly LH 100% of the time for leisure
b) I fly *A 95% of the time for leisure or work - every now and then one world
c) I ONLY fly premium cabin - meaning F when available.

I put all *A earnings into M&M. - why.

I ONLY spend on LH - I get guaranteed seats, I have the best CSR in the world, I have been treated extremely well during irrops...

and when I fly with my daughter we are treated the best way possible.

I do care about miles, and I do care about spending them - but when I earn on average over 600K a year - my opportunity cost is not how many tickets I can get - but if I get them when I need them and so far I never had to look for an alternative date - even when it is officially sold out.

For me the ground service is nearly more improtant thant the rest - and here I have no problems with.

Last edited by roundtheworld; Jul 6, 2008 at 12:44 pm
Old Jul 6, 2008, 2:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Likewise for me - the treatment I get with M&M means a lot. I regularly get awards booked through M&M that would not be able to be booked with other FFPs for lack of availability, and I'm not just talking about seats being released on M&M airlines.

So, while the award cost may seem high compared to some others, I still feel I am getting good value. And if the treatment should go downhill, well that is why I burn at roughly the same rate as I earn - so I can be free to move elsewhere if needed.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:35 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Likewise for me - the treatment I get with M&M means a lot. I regularly get awards booked through M&M that would not be able to be booked with other FFPs for lack of availability, and I'm not just talking about seats being released on M&M airlines.
How comes? AFAIK you are a lousy Senator like most of us.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
How comes? AFAIK you are a lousy Senator like most of us.
SEN+ !!!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SEN+ !!!
Right ^
Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Marry me!
Where is that getting you? He can only give you SEN and you are already HON...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I just started BMI two months ago and I am very happy with them - never making it to HON anyway, so I am picking the best of both worlds. For flights on LH I can use my M&M miles and for all other *A flights it doesn't make any difference whether I am using LH or BD - but the cash & miles option is a fantastic deal indeed! Never been on any BD flight ever...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
you are already HON...
Really?
Cool.
I must have missed that memo.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:13 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
There are so many cons and pros in all FFP, probably each FFP is for someone with his special needs and flight pattern the best program.

I like LH M&M (being SEN) for the following things, which other programs do not offer:
- 2 years status period, which will guarantee me SEN till 02/2011 (and FTL till 02/2013, even though I have reduced my flights since the beginning of the year.
- No miles expiration while having status + 3 years, so for me it is 02/2016
- Anytime LH SEN lounge access, even with a guest - regardless on you flight - you don't even need to fly. The latter is great e.g. when picking someone up and waiting for the train home (when you have access to the airside area, which I have).
- Great miles collection promos such as T-Mobile, this year I have collected ~200k miles for free. Well, actually not only for free, I even received some hundreds Euros on top
- Nice spending miles promotions (even though they are in eco), e.g. 37500 miles for two to NRT.
- SEN companion award, secong person for 50% miles on LH/LX/LT/OS-flights
- Generally nice treatment on LH flight (which I fly mostly)
- So far all flights were credited properly without the need for retro-crediting

If I my flight pattern had not changed this year, I would have started collecting with bmi, but now this is not interesting, as I cannot take advantage of the double-miles-above-55k-promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.