Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa: It's about time you changed your livery!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Lufthansa: It's about time you changed your livery!

Face it, Lufthansa's paint scheme is less than inspirational. Whilst it is a 'classic', it's hardly modern by today's standards. Is it even remotely possible that a new colour scheme will be introduced perhaps for A380s?

Something subtle for the old timers like this... except perhaps with an curved blue underbelly instead of even more grey
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
As long as we have nothing else to worry about everything must be fine !
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Ja, there are worse problems out there but there is no topic not worth discussing on FT

So what is that about? Is this a real plan or just a personal wish/opinion? I like the sample picture, especially the blue engines and the painting of the "tail"
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The modified picture is actually quite nice !
Old Apr 18, 2008, 1:11 pm

Look what happened when BA tried to go all modern a while back... total disaster. Anyways, retro is back - so maybe the LH livery is weirdly ahead of its time (like German guys who still wear white jeans).
Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH already modified their interior scheme for the A333/346/380s and slightly adapted its exterior scheme for the 748:
http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/html...p16/index.html

There is a logic behind the grey belly and the white livery. I remember the white was to show that LH prides itself at superior maintainance and safety standards. Whenever I see the older converted 74M arrive in FRA I wonder if they regret the white paintscheme as you can see the covered up cargo door.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
When Lufthansa has upgraded its INTERIOUR we can talk again...
Old Apr 19, 2008, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SMK77
When Lufthansa has upgraded its INTERIOUR we can talk again...
OK, let me try to translate this: "Discussing new paint schemes before LH has upgraded its interior is a national disgrace."
Old Apr 19, 2008, 4:14 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by flysurfer
OK, let me try to translate this: "Discussing new paint schemes before LH has upgraded its interior is a national disgrace."
I agree. I think Lufthansa has more pressing matters to worry about than its livery - IT, aircraft interiors, etc. Mucking about with their (timeless, IMO) livery would be a phenomenal waste of time and resources which should be directed elsewhere.

Additionally, I've never understood this fixation with what the outside of the aircraft looks like, as long as it looks well-maintained. It's what's inside that counts!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by flysurfer
A national carrier not offering a decent F product up in the air is a national disgrace especially when the country is known for its "Made In Germany" quality standards, however an individual voicing a suggestion here cannot a be national disgrace (as mistakenly suggested by your kind translation) even when the outcome of the suggestion could lead to a national carrier becoming even a bigger national disgrace by following the suggestion...

Anyway, given that I am relocating to Singapore in six weeks and my new national carrier will be SQ, I am very much looking forward to my relocation flight in a SQ Suite from NRT to SIN at the end of May!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:23 pm

A national carrier not offering a decent F product up in the air is a national disgrace...
LOL! what did Ari post the other day in regards to TFM "you've lost your mind!", seems more fitting here...

Last edited by sentom; Apr 19, 2008 at 11:29 pm
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:40 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by flyboy777
Whilst it is a 'classic', it's hardly modern by today's standards.
To me, the simplicity of the blue & gold, the Lufthansa name in Helvetica typeface and Otto Firle's circle & bird logo looks solidly modern.

Design that aims to please "today's standards" often has a short shelf life.

EDITED TO ADD:
http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/html...ign/index.html

Last edited by jib71; Apr 19, 2008 at 11:55 pm
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Before they dont offer a competitive F cabin and a fully flat C seat the niveau of complaining seems to be pretty high
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by sentom
not that it matters to me but
The OS First Class product isn't really that good...
Almost non-existent.
Scratch the almost.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:44 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
A national carrier not offering a decent F product up in the air is a national disgrace especially when the country is known for its "Made In Germany" quality standards..
The maths question for the consultants here: to how many national flag carriers would that apply ?
I am very much looking forward to my relocation flight in a SQ Suite fro NRT to SIN at the end of May!
You plan to wait for the 380 in NRT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.