Wiki Posts
Search

Ways to lose SEN status?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Why do you think that the TXL SEN lounge is so much larger than the Business lounge?
But they did switch the lounges ! I can remember many moons ago when the SEN lounge used to be where the smaller FTL lounge is now and vice versa.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Rambuster
But they did switch the lounges ! I can remember many moons ago when the SEN lounge used to be where the smaller FTL lounge is now and vice versa.
Exactly. They remodelled the lounges, and the once bigger FTL lounge became the SEN lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Grog
Was just thinking about all the various ways this can happen. I count 6 reasons so far.

- Not fly enough miles
- Become a HON
- Divorce a HON
- Not be reelected to Bundestag (the German government entity whose members are bribed with free SEN status from LH, a private company)
- Not pay the cash renewal fee of €2000
- Material cause (under M&M T&Cs, para 3) in cases where it might lead to unilateral termination of status. (This could involve selling an award, disobeying an FA's instruction, providing false information, harassment, or a host of other unnamed violations)

Anyone know of actual cases where Lufthansa has revoked a SEN's status for material cause? (not that it's my goal)
The first and fifth should be combined. Not paying cash renewal fee is only relevant if you did not fly enough miles, and if did not fly enough miles then you also need to have not paid for cash renewal. Strictly not fly enough miles on the right airlines in the right booking classes in the right time period
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Another reason is if M&M ceases to exist or abolishes SEN status (or I suppose changes the name).

Also you can voluntarily rescind your M&M membership. Yeah, I know some elites who have done that (not with M&M) when deeply unhappy with their airline/FFP.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Apr 16, 2008 at 5:47 pm
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
or if LH goes belly up.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Through it into the betting pile while gambling?

I jokingly threw in a 1K card raising on a nut straight with a few buddies, but they wouldn't take it since they all know 1K isn't what it used to be
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
After traveling and observing the past two years and 780,000 *A miles later, I am neither proud nor happy to have SEN status. All I really care about is the lounge access - invaluable during 2 or more hours of layover. If I lost status with LH (and I will never become HON, regardless, I live in the US), I'd start with some other airline. What gives? We are all trash as SENs in the eyes of LH.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by IsleSeat
We are all trash as SENs in the eyes of LH.
Not those who are SEN+
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:15 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Here is another one (also a subset of point 1):

- You have a baby and go on parental leave.

In a rare moment of family friendliness LH used to give a SEN extension for parents taking care of their children but they soon realized their wrong ways and corrected it promptly.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
but they soon realized their wrong ways and corrected it promptly.
Thank God!
Elites should think twice about losing their status before deciding to multiply.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The first and fifth should be combined. Not paying cash renewal fee is only relevant if you did not fly enough miles, and if did not fly enough miles then you also need to have not paid for cash renewal. Strictly not fly enough miles on the right airlines in the right booking classes in the right time period
It's a bit of a tangled web with various points having precendence in varying situations. Even if you fly enough miles, if you are involved in material cause, your status is out the window. Divorcing a HON is also only relevant if you did not fly enough miles (and is contigent on you being married to a HON in the first place). I guess I could flowchart it all...or not.

Last edited by Grog; Apr 17, 2008 at 4:11 am
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

- Not repay the SEN mileage overdraft (says szg)
That's wrong.
You only have to repay any overdraft AFTER you lost SEN.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

- Simply die (says flyersurfer)
Says who?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:08 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by flysurfer
That's wrong.
You only have to repay any overdraft AFTER you lost SEN.
But if you donīt repay, you will lost SEN !!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by szg
But if you donīt repay, you will lost SEN !!
I have honestly no clue what you mean by that, but no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.