Ways to lose SEN status?

Old Apr 16, 08, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Ways to lose SEN status?

Was just thinking about all the various ways this can happen. I counted 7 reasons so far (the first seven).

- Not fly enough miles
- Become a HON
- Divorce a HON
- Not be reelected to Bundestag (the German government entity whose members are bribed with free SEN status from LH, a private company)
- Not pay the cash renewal fee of €2000
- Material cause (under M&M T&Cs, para 3) in cases where it might lead to unilateral termination of status. (This could involve selling an award, disobeying an FA's instruction, providing false information, harassment, or a host of other unnamed violations)
- - This includes being rude to M&M or staff (says Runabout) even when it's justifiable (says Grog!)
- Not being able to exploit LH AirRail to collect large amounts of miles for train rides
- Simply die (says flysurfer)
- Not repay the SEN mileage overdraft (says szg) (This one's being contested, but I'll leave it here out of respect, until we reach a consensus)
- No longer by the CEO of "XYZ" AG, given free SEN status from LH (says DownUnderFlyer)
- The abolishment of SEN status level by LH (says Kiwi Flyer)
- Dissolution of M&M (says Kiwi Flyer)
- LH going belly up (says Rambuster)
- Voluntarily rescinding your M&M membership (says Kiwi Flyer)
- Have a baby and go on parental leave (since LH has chosen to no longer support this family-friendly situation) (says DownUnderFlyer)
- Flying enough miles but crediting them to another or no program at all (says totti)
- - Includes flying on a LH private jet charter and forgetting to mention your M&M number at the time of booking! (says oliver2002)
- Flying enough miles but on award tickets (says flysurfer)

Anyone know of actual cases where Lufthansa has revoked a SEN's status for material cause? (not that it's my goal)

Last edited by Grog; Apr 20, 08 at 6:48 am
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
How to lose a BA Premier card was recently impressively demonstrated by La Campbell in Heathrow !

Last edited by Rambuster; Apr 16, 08 at 9:15 am
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:12 am

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
How to lose a BA Premier card were recently impressively demonstrated by La Campbell in Heathrow !
Ha! I love it.

Could unauthorized use of a SEN card be grounds for revocation? Like giving it to somebody else to use, and they get caught at the lounge. I have handled the cards before, but have never read the fine print on the back...does it say non-transferable?
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alleged bad behaviour or rowdyness in the FCT can also lead to being banned from there.
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
- Not fly enough miles
- Become a HON
- Divorce a HON
- Not be reelected to Bundestag (the German government entity whose members are bribed with free SEN status from LH, a private company)
- Not pay the cash renewal fee of €2000
- Material cause (under M&M T&Cs, para 3) in cases where it might lead to unilateral termination of status. (This could involve selling an award, disobeying an FA's instruction, providing false information, harassment, or a host of other unnamed violations)
Or you could simply die.
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:18 am
DTS

Is that really true? I thought there was a special "Bundestags Card" with strong discount, but no miles. Or is the SEN Card for private use?
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:25 am

Programs: If I donīt have it, I donīt need it!
Originally Posted by flysurfer View Post
Or you could simply die.

Hopefully not on a plane...
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by neo16287 View Post
Could unauthorized use of a SEN card be grounds for revocation? Like giving it to somebody else to use, and they get caught at the lounge. I have handled the cards before, but have never read the fine print on the back...does it say non-transferable?
Of course it does. If they catch you trying to enter a lounge with a SEN card which is not in your name (verification via BP and/or govt issued ID in case you are landside like in TXL or JFK or use a different name than that in your passport) they keep and destroy the card. Have seen it happen in MUC and FRA.

The MdB get a SEN card for official use. All miles collected while on official duty has to be used for official trips. If they want to collect and use miles for private use, a second account can be opened.
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:26 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by flysurfer View Post
Or you could simply die.
LOL !!
Old Apr 16, 08, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cash in all the miles to travel first class to heaven !
Old Apr 16, 08, 10:59 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Other option: If you donīt pay back our miles overdraft !!
Old Apr 16, 08, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Another option: You can stop being the CEO of XYZ AG who got free SEN status from LH.
Old Apr 16, 08, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Is that really true? I thought there was a special "Bundestags Card" with strong discount, but no miles. Or is the SEN Card for private use?
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The MdB get a SEN card for official use. All miles collected while on official duty has to be used for official trips. If they want to collect and use miles for private use, a second account can be opened.
So the Bundestag'lers eating and drinking in sentom's (our) lounges are consuming officially, not privately, even while collecting per diem from the taxpayer. Very nice.

And thanks flysurfer...how could I have forgotten dying?!
Old Apr 16, 08, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
So the Bundestag'lers eating and drinking in sentom's (our) lounges are consuming officially, not privately, even while collecting per diem from the taxpayer. Very nice.

And thanks flysurfer...how could I have forgotten dying?!
Yes they consume "officially" if they use the MdB card, however the private card will be SEN as well
Old Apr 16, 08, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Why do you think that the TXL SEN lounge is so much larger than the Business lounge?

Search this Thread