Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HON - minor musings...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by yapak2
so what is LH´s response in these cases?
The typical apologizes and semi-explanations. And they promise to improve and would love to see me still as a appreciated flyer.

Oh, and some free wine packages from their shop now and then.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:54 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
For me the biggest advantage of the HON programme is still the FCT. I'm starting my travels in FRA and in particular on many of my short jumps the FCT makes the difference, means time and convenience between airport arrival and departure. The other two things I really appreciate is the 24hr booking guarantee and the award booking guarantee for up to 4 for I tickets up to 2wk before departure.

The FCT menu finally requires an update after having 3yr almost the same, no doubt about that. The quality of the stuff however is excellent in comparison to the MUC stuff. But this is a matter of taste.

So far I found MUC FCL always more crowded than FRA FCT, but I was only a couple times in MUC since grand opening there.

I do appreciate the PA service (and fast track) at international destinations, but the reduction of those in particular in the US is probably not LH's fault.

The biggest problem right now is the luggage delivery. This finally has become a most likely MISS rather than a HIT. I must admit, it works almost always good at FRA, but at outside stations my (and all other HON prio) luggage usually appears towards the end somewhere in the middle of everybody. This is a shame and requires immediate action for LH to improve.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:48 am

I am ex SR/LX circle and became a HON when LH took over and merged the programs. At that time we were told that the higher 300.000 miles threshold would be the same as LX, due to the extra HON bonus.
Clearly this ridiculous letter from Beckmann was a slap into the face of the most loyal LX customers. Btw, if you do much over 600.000 miles in a 2 year period you loose the spill over and start at 0 in the next period.

Concerning HON privileges at FRA I still have problems to see them, we get dumped regularly at an overcrowded Non-Schengen coming from ZRH, the advertised 45 min MCT is an outright lie. The connecting flight leaves on time without HON. Pick-up Hon's wioth short connecting times? Sorry, we have a shortage of cars. I never have a chance to use the FCT in FRA, because you need 45 mins at least to reach it. Baggage priority service, I have never experienced this. My bags seem to be mostly in the last third on the belt.

The service in MUC works very well IMHO. The new Zurich lounge is substandard in terms of service and car shuttle for the bus positions. I don't mind to ride in a van at all. But you are now dumped at the security in the dreadful terminal E and you queue with all others. Inbound you have to go through the everymonring Terminal E chaos as all others. LX management still fails to realize that E is a complete joke and can not handle more than 3 widebodies per hour. Nevertheless they schedule 9 widebodies between 06:00 and 07:00 into E, treating you to a truly 3rd world experience. Even Hurghada looks more organized. HON pick up does not exist.

The PA service in the US bypassing the hour long waitlines was really the perk most appreciated. When did they take that one away?

HON value, increasingly questionable!

Frank
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
The biggest problem right now is the luggage delivery. This finally has become a most likely MISS rather than a HIT. I must admit, it works almost always good at FRA, but at outside stations my (and all other HON prio) luggage usually appears towards the end somewhere in the middle of everybody. This is a shame and requires immediate action for LH to improve.
The same in MUC. It used to work great, but in the past year, my and the other HON tagged luggage always came out somewhere in the middle, after a huge bulk of non-priority luggage.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:35 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muc_flyer
Not an easy one, as it seems. LH and Fraport have to work on...
I hear the latter of the two parties is the obsticle.

Maybe we should try to step back and enjoy service rather than looking too much at minor details.
Welcome to FT.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Fendant
Btw, if you do much over 600.000 miles in a 2 year period you loose the spill over and start at 0 in the next period.

Welcome to FT and the M&M Forum Fendant! Good to have another HONorable person here.

Many FFP in the world work this way that the spillover does not contribute to the qualification of the next period. There are some programs who let you take some of those miles with you but in general, this is uncommon.
On the other hand, you get a soft landing, so in case you don't fly at all, you will go from HON to SEN and then two years later to FTL.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:38 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by HON_Hunter
I am with you! I am especially disappointed about the faded express service through immigration in the US, which was really an added value. Cannot comment on checked luggage since I haven't done that for a loooooong time (much to risky, doesn't matter if your HON or not). In total the service is still pretty good most of the time, but I agree that sometimes it feels like everything is getting the touch of an old-samo-samo-routine.

My wishlist for the the months / years to come:

1. Bring back the VIP-Service through imigration at arrival
2. Transfer direct to the FCT from the apron after arrival rather than having to get out at a bus stop at either A or B
3. Change the menues at the FCT and Lounges once in a while (it tastes all great, but it gets boring after 2 1/2 years)

cheers
HON_Hunter
1) This is an DHS issue as they do not allow it

2) Not possible due to re screening and honestly the FCt wouldn't cope with everyone

3) agree -- but then I love the Tom Ga Kai
Old Apr 23, 2008, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Thumbs up HON improvement

Despite all wishes and moaning about decrease in service for the HONs on this planet, I found it a nice move to introduce the (german) tall free phone number.
Instead of
+49 1802 xxyyzz
the tall free one is
+49 8000 xxyyzz
ergo: number is the same, prefix is different.
Disclaimer by LH: calls from outside DE will be charged at german fixed line rates. Calls from OLOs (other than DTAG) might attract charges.

Despite searching in the forum I haven't found this hint, sorry if I overlooked it...
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland

I do appreciate the PA service (and fast track) at international destinations, but the reduction of those in particular in the US is probably not LH's fault.
At my station, Customs doesn't have a fast track, and the supervisors don't allow us to bring people to the crew lane. One tactic I have taken to using is take the passenger to the front and tell the person that the passenger filled out his forms wrong (since when that occurs, we can move the person back to the front of the line). However, this will only work so many times, which is unfortunate. A fast track at my station would be nice, but our FRA flight arrives at the same time as 4 others, so it would be clogged. What I would give for our own terminal....
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:34 pm

...the tall free one is
+49 8000 xxyyzz
ergo: number is the same, prefix is different...
Is it really +49 8000.... or +49 800...? Any experience from mobile phones yet?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by ulev
ULEV !!

Where have you been - have been missing you on the board ...

BTW

I have the direct numbers for the FCT and the FCLs in FRA and MUC -- always VERY amusing to call directly and ask them to reserve the bath .. telling them I would be there in 10 or so minutes
Old Apr 24, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Originally Posted by ulev
It is +49 800 0 to be perfectly right. Mobile phone can be used (just checked it out).
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:16 am
hch

I wish there was a way to reach the German HON line from other countries with a non-international call. Most other lines are quite useless, and the Austrian one manned by OS is not really useful when mostly dealing with LH tickers and issues.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:41 am

Programs: LH-HON
It is +49 800 0 to be perfectly right. Mobile phone can be used (just checked it out).
Hmm, I missed that announcement.

As the UK HON-line is a joke I called always the German one end ended up paying 6 (yes, six) GBP per minute.

I will try the new one and see the charges from the UK.

Last edited by IKA-HON; Apr 24, 2008 at 3:50 am Reason: to many typos ;-(
Old Apr 24, 2008, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
ULEV !!

Where have you been - have been missing you on the board ...
Africa mostly...

Made me loose interest in computer screens. You have PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.