Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday Present On Board

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Very nice gesture indeed. I also received the b'day card.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: LH
Talking swiss way

as I wrote once in the swiss part, they also gave me a present once and the FAs gave me a card with the best wishes - on the last leg of four that day.
If you do not expect it, it is really nice.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 1:36 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Last October I flew LH C and my TA also set a nice notice in my booking, but I didn´t get anything. Maybe LH has introduced a new enhancement ?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Flying FRA-SIN several days ago in F, a solo passenger across the aisle in row 81 had a birthday.

FAs came over just after midnight FRA time, as it became this gentleman's birthday. Gave him a whole sleuth of roses and congratulated him in unison. Was a very nice gesture.

Except... that mrs. gleff and I never received our roses that flight. So I suspect that our roses became his birthday roses!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 2:10 am

Wow, capitol, pretty impressive, proactive move by LH.

Per OP, I would approach purser pre-takeoff with presents for the birthday person. If additional presents arrive
beyond my own, kudos to LH.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:20 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by lizalear
Hi,

On my boyfriend's birthday we both will have to fly from NYC to Frankfurt with LH. I wonder whether there is a possibility to arrange a present for him, involving the flight crew? Maybe the flight copmpany has something ready for these cases, or I can purchase it in advance? The point is: he should receive the gift from a crew member, and in some way it should be related to the flight. I've been searching through Lufthansa website but no results yet.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

its possible to buy birthday presents in advance for friends in the airplane may it be a cake or some champagne or such stuff ...... uhm yeah well simple call us we make that (or not depending on the knowledge of the agent.....)

besides that uhm i dunno but if the birthdate is mentioned somewhere or such i can imagine some card or stuff will be possible but no guarantee on that one the only thing what i know to make it really happen is the purchased gifts in advance.....

if you want such and have problems to book it lemme know.... ill fix that then
Old Mar 23, 2008, 1:16 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Runabout
its possible to buy birthday presents in advance for friends in the airplane may it be a cake or some champagne or such stuff ...... uhm yeah well simple call us we make that (or not depending on the knowledge of the agent.....)

besides that uhm i dunno but if the birthdate is mentioned somewhere or such i can imagine some card or stuff will be possible but no guarantee on that one the only thing what i know to make it really happen is the purchased gifts in advance.....

if you want such and have problems to book it lemme know.... ill fix that then
Can I buy it also for me or just only for friends ?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 1:48 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by szg
Can I buy it also for me or just only for friends ?
Pretend you are your friend and you know that your friend szg is flying that day. You want to buy him a cake He will be more than surprised
Old Mar 24, 2008, 2:04 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Pretend you are your friend and you know that your friend szg is flying that day. You want to buy him a cake He will be more than surprised
That´s what I am exactly thinking about ...
Old Mar 24, 2008, 2:15 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by szg
That´s what I am exactly thinking about ...
Why would you do that? You know exactly what will happen, so no surprise and I can think of better ways of making yourself a nice gift. I bet for what LH charges you, you can buy half of the Cafe Sacher in Vienna.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 2:23 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Why would you do that? You know exactly what will happen, so no surprise and I can think of better ways of making yourself a nice gift. I bet for what LH charges you, you can buy half of the Cafe Sacher in Vienna.
There is also a Cafe Sacher at Salzburg !!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by szg
There is also a Cafe Sacher at Salzburg !!
Gee, they are like Starbucks....
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The BMI approach:

Something to celebrate ?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The Virgin Atlantic approach:

Let's celebrate

(and you get miles too!)
Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: LH HON
During a flight from FRA to DXB in C my collegue (his birthday) received from the Purser the F amenities (slippers, shirt, and toiletry bag) and before leaving the aircraft in DXB a bottle of champagne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.