Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday Present On Board

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Birthday Present On Board

Hi,

On my boyfriend's birthday we both will have to fly from NYC to Frankfurt with LH. I wonder whether there is a possibility to arrange a present for him, involving the flight crew? Maybe the flight copmpany has something ready for these cases, or I can purchase it in advance? The point is: he should receive the gift from a crew member, and in some way it should be related to the flight. I've been searching through Lufthansa website but no results yet.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:53 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Lizalear, welcome to FlyerTalk! As your plan is specific to Lufthansa, let me move this to our Lufthansa forum for suggestions. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:26 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lizalear
Hi,

On my boyfriend's birthday we both will have to fly from NYC to Frankfurt with LH. I wonder whether there is a possibility to arrange a present for him, involving the flight crew? Maybe the flight copmpany has something ready for these cases, or I can purchase it in advance? The point is: he should receive the gift from a crew member, and in some way it should be related to the flight. I've been searching through Lufthansa website but no results yet.

well, actually on my birthday while coming back from China I had a complimentary upgrade to FIRST from Business... Tks LH again!!!

But as you are flying together and may be you don't have any MM card, i see it difficult that you don't get any upgrade but may be you might have a cake!!! try to call Lh and tell them about it...
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
In 1997 our honeymoon was a 61 day RTW trip primarily on SQ in First. On the first leg we told the FA that this was our honeymoon.

On each subsequent leg the FA's would come over and congratulate us on our wedding. While waiting for our flight in the lounge at Singapore we were approached by a SQ staff person who gave us a voucher for $250 for tax free merchandise as a wedding present!
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Hi,

Getting an upgrade for both will be a bit hard, otherwise everybody would start planning their holidays on their birthdays.

A cake or a bottle of (cheap) LH champagne should be possible. Not the best gift in the world, but still a nice surprise. What class of service will you be flying in?

Giving them a call and letting them know in advance would be a good idea, especially if your boyfriend doesn't have status with LH.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:21 am

This year I was travelling with my father on his birthday, I asked the staff in the FCT on the outbound segment to write a remark in our booking about his birthday on the inbound flight.

Even the gate-agent congratulated him and he received a bottle of champagne (value of about 100€) from the purser. I think this was quite nice and suitable.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 12:32 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Hi,

What class of service are you flying ?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
If it's in Y, every single flight feels like a birthday, as long as you manage to leave the plane alive.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by flysurfer
If it's in Y, every single flight feels like a birthday, as long as you manage to leave the plane alive.
How do you know ????
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by flysurfer
^ That's true of course!!!
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
How do you know ????
Sources.
Contacts.
Spys.

And faint nightmarish memories I intend to turn into adventureous survival tales for my grandchildren.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I will post back later what the birthday treatment is as:

1.) I am waiting for my LH flight from CDG to DUS on LH (T class )
2.) It's my Birthday today
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I moved the birthday greetings and congratulations to the LH lounge thread to keep this thread on topic even though in this case the congrats are only slightly OT

Take care

totti
M&M moderator
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: LH HON
Smile Birthday on board and card from LH

Yesterday, while flying on LH455, the purser came and wished me happy birthday and gave me a rose. I was in C. The flight departed SFO on March 20th and my birthday was on the 21st. The purser had timed it just after breakfast on the 21st before arriving in FRA. Several FAs also came and wished me happy birthday. I felt it was a really nice gesture. I did not say anything to the cabin crew in advance and was completely taken by surprise. :-:

When I arrived home, there was a birthday card waiting for me from Lufthansa (the timing too was perfect - it had been mailed from Germany on March 19th and timed to arrive on the 21st). The front of the card has two eyes and a gold string for a smile . Inside is a message from Andreas Bierwith (VP Marketing) : "Sometimes happiness is based on the smallest of details, an almost imperceptible gesture. With this in mind we will continue to do everything in the coming 365 days to ensure that you have a contented smile on your face whenever you travel with us - and we wish you all the happiness in the world on your birthday."

Many thanks to Lufthansa for all the good experiences these last 8 years.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by capitol
Yesterday, while flying on LH455, the purser came and wished me happy birthday and gave me a rose. I was in C. The flight departed SFO on March 20th and my birthday was on the 21st. The purser had timed it just after breakfast on the 21st before arriving in FRA. Several FAs also came and wished me happy birthday. I felt it was a really nice gesture. I did not say anything to the cabin crew in advance and was completely taken by surprise. :-:

When I arrived home, there was a birthday card waiting for me from Lufthansa (the timing too was perfect - it had been mailed from Germany on March 19th and timed to arrive on the 21st). The front of the card has two eyes and a gold string for a smile . Inside is a message from Andreas Bierwith (VP Marketing) : "Sometimes happiness is based on the smallest of details, an almost imperceptible gesture. With this in mind we will continue to do everything in the coming 365 days to ensure that you have a contented smile on your face whenever you travel with us - and we wish you all the happiness in the world on your birthday."

Many thanks to Lufthansa for all the good experiences these last 8 years.
Sounds really nice and like a reasonable gesture.

Belated best wishes to you, capitol!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.