Wiki Posts
Search

M+M online now detects mobile browser

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Gold), Bonvoy Titanium
M+M online now detects mobile browser

another 'advancement' is really a setback for mobile users: the site now detects if you are logging in on a mobile device and at the moment, you will not be able to do anything with it. As I am using a Symbian device Nokia E90 on the road, as I am typing this message in LHR, I used to be able to elegantly check mileage, make bookings etc.
I am not sure how many other readers are using high-end mobiles for browsing and posting, but I absolutely see no need to change what was once a good M+M site and will soon be another chopped up mobile device site.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:38 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by IsleSeat
another 'advancement' is really a setback for mobile users: the site now detects if you are logging in on a mobile device and at the moment, you will not be able to do anything with it. As I am using a Symbian device Nokia E90 on the road, as I am typing this message in LHR, I used to be able to elegantly check mileage, make bookings etc.
I am not sure how many other readers are using high-end mobiles for browsing and posting, but I absolutely see no need to change what was once a good M+M site and will soon be another chopped up mobile device site.
You mean enhancement
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:47 am
Original Poster

yes, what an enhancement!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH mobile site wap.lufthansa.com has been around since 99 and lightingly fast. OK you can't do bookings, but checking flight status is one feature I've learned to value.

On my PSP and Blackberry web browser I have the option to pretend I'm not a mobile device (useful for reading FT, hate the mobile version) , perhaps that would help? I'm not familiar with the N90, but must a cheat on one of the fora that discuss these devices or even in the FT travel tech forum.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
no problems with the iPhone (the only real mobile internet device)
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
no problems with the iPhone (the only real mobile internet device)
Did I miss anything? Has iphone gotten an upgrade to be capable of decent transfer rates recently?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
(the only real mobile internet device)
... when close to a wifi hotspot
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:50 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by oliver2002
... when close to a wifi hotspot
having a hacked iphone which i use in the german o2 network i am happy to have a rich client browser even when there is a slow line ...

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Dec 9, 2007 at 11:58 am
Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The LH mobile site wap.lufthansa.com has been around since 99 and lightingly fast. OK you can't do bookings, but checking flight status is one feature I've learned to value.

On my PSP and Blackberry web browser I have the option to pretend I'm not a mobile device (useful for reading FT, hate the mobile version) , perhaps that would help? I'm not familiar with the N90, but must a cheat on one of the fora that discuss these devices or even in the FT travel tech forum.
OK, I have purchased a third party browser which lets me use 'regular' browsing on my E-series device and the issue is solved. The WAP page of M+M does not provide me with enough options or what\ I need to know.
And I-phones, by the way, are out of question and so is any Blackberry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.