Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M credit card for US residents [merged Barclays MasterCard thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:47 pm

Oliver-if you follow up with info-you likely get approved. Barclays / Juniper is extra difficult.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:30 pm

I didn't see much discussion on the companion ticket benefit. Often these types of certificates are pretty worthless since they require higher fare classes for the paying traveler to qualify for the free companion ticket, but this one really seems to apply to any fare code in economy. It seems to be that this could be a pretty valuable benefit also, or am I missing something, capacity controls for the free ticket maybe?

Sure, I'd rather travel in E+ on United, but if we can essentially get a 50% discount on one trip per year to Europe for the two of us on LH, this might be worth considering.

from http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=2037464

As a thank you for choosing a Premier Miles & More World MasterCard or Miles & More World MasterCard you are eligible to receive an Economy Class Companion Ticket upon the first use of your new Account for a purchase or balance transfer. As well as on the anniversary date of your opening your Miles & More Mastercard provided you are still a cardmember.

Terms & Conditions of the Economy Class Companion Ticket

* Application: all published fares in Economy Class. The paid Economy Class ticket must be for travel departing from the U.S. to Europe/Middle East/Africa and Far East
* Eligibility: Miles & More MasterCard holders residing in the U.S.
* Class of service: based on the paid Economy Class fare
* Type of transportation: based on paid Economy Class fare
* Travel: valid only on Lufthansa operated flights (no code-share or Lufthansa train). Both paid Economy Class ticket and Companion Ticket must travel on the same flights on the same day.
* Reservations: must be made by calling Miles & More Companion Ticket Service at 1-866-461-5399
* Ticketing: will be ticketed by the Miles & More Companion Ticket Service
* Seasons: per paid Economy Class fare
* Minimum stay: per paid published Economy Class fare
* Maximum stay: per paid published Economy Class fare
* Rebooking: per paid published Economy Class fare
* Rerouting: per paid published Economy Class fare
* Weekend surcharge: various based on the paid Economy Class fare (generally $60 round-trip but in some instances it may not apply or the amount may be lower)
* Combination: This offer, may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount, add-ons or coupons. Not combinable with child, infant or senior citizens fares, travel agent discounts, other promotional offers, group fares, frequent flyer awards or special credit vouchers.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by alect
Thanks for the heads up - I'm in too! ^ 20k free.

Let us know what you find out. I can 0%APR for 6 billing cycles, but there are fees for the transfer. May have to transfer the balance from my most recent Citi AAdv MC
I got my new card today - alas they spelled my name wrong so I had to call and get a corrected one

Clarified the 0%APR on balance transfers - it is only for the first billing cycles from the opening of the card NOT the first 6 billing cycles from the time of the balance transfers.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
Originally Posted by alect
I got my new card today - alas they spelled my name wrong so I had to call and get a corrected one
Let me guess, they did not print the first letter of your first name.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by flysurfer
This U.S. credit score stuff is just as weird as M&M.
I don't get it and I wonder what kind of "additional information" they need to have from Oliver.
Got the letter yesterday. They want proof of 'permanent residence' or US citizenship mailed to them. The credit check they do is with transunion, BTW.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by roesner
They did not print the first letter of my first name! However, I don't care and used the card.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

both wife and I applied for wife and I cards(4 total).
have 2 cards erald...... and 2 cards onstance..............

zero for 4 has got to be asoftware error somewhere. the cards and all info inside are to gerald and constance.

eads will roll!!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:03 pm

You have a terrific sense of humor.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by roesner
Wow - exactly right!!. I am guessing this is a recurring problem?? Is the LH IT department also working for BraclayBank/Juniper?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 8:29 pm

On a related point, I recently subscribed for a trial period for myFICO which provides a Credit Score watch. So today I was notified that a new account was added to my credit report (Juniper). At the same time my Credit Score jumped UP by 10 points.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Checked my transunion credit report today: the Barclays credit check made my score dip to 636!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Checked my transunion credit report today: the Barclays credit check made my score dip to 636!
at least it's a positive number.

I think you said earlier that you have 15 cc's that alone should knock the score by about a hundred points.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
at least it's a positive number.

I think you said earlier that you have 15 cc's that alone should knock the score by about a hundred points.
I have probably the same number - and mine went up by 10
Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:24 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Got the letter yesterday. They want proof of 'permanent residence' or US citizenship mailed to them. The credit check they do is with transunion, BTW.
Yikes! Makes me think again about applying soon, since I've managed to build up my Transunion score to 727 after 5 months of having a credit history. I will probably get a "proof of permanent residence" letter as well - and I'm guessing that being a student on a F-1 visa doesn't qualify
Old Oct 14, 2007, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Wow! I just checked my score, but no change the worse so far. Let's what happens when the October score becomes available. I'm usually somewhere between 780 and 800.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.