Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
You can max out the LH Business-Special (dec 06th - 12th) to JFK to around 29.000 HON-Circle miles + around 7.000 Award miles for around 1.400 Euro.
Is this each way? The lowest I could find on LH site was € 2958. That was Dec 6 to 12th and Business only seems to give : 21.080 Meilen from txl.

Looking for possible runs to make SEN, would take place in late Nov or Early Dec. Welcome to ideas, if I need under 30K then I think I might go for it, have to still see how the October flights will pan out.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:27 pm

The price is for return flights, but it is a partner-fare, so it takes 2 people to take advantage of this offer. And both need to be willing to spend their time on many useless flights....
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Priorityclub Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dre_techie
What if we assume the OP knows it's 5k per RT and plans to book 4 of these to get 20k? Not very cheap, but might be convenient for OP timewise.

Regarding the turnaround jaburu is asking about, I don't know about FCO. I've done 45 minutes between flights in MXP with bus each way.
Yes, you are right. The 20k should have been 10k
I was looking for something fast w/o overnight stays
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is a full fare F fare between Korea and China (FRT) with unlimited transfers and stops allowed enroute for about 550$++. I'm sure you can get creative with the routing and trial a few *A carriers F product between ICN and PVG and earn a few status miles on the way.
I am not discouraged by Chinese visa rules but from what I can tell this fare is strongly MPM-policed, i.e. my fantasy on routings quickly reaches the fare's limits. Or is there anything I am missing?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, its now with a MPM that only allows one, max two transfers.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Meilensammler
You can max out the LH Business-Special (dec 06th - 12th) to JFK to around 29.000 HON-Circle miles + around 7.000 Award miles for around 1.400 Euro.
Which routing would give so many miles?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SebFra
Which routing would give so many miles?
Given that there are 7000 award miles more than HON miles- there must be some flying on non-LH group metal as well? I was wondering the same question you were. A round trip to New York in business nets around 20K HON miles max normally.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The companion Z fare as interesting routings available

Code:
LN FARE BASIS    OW   EUR  RT   B PEN  DATES/DAYS   AP MIN MAX R                
18 ZNCZCN                   929 Z NRF S06DEC  12DEC+  +  +  3M R                
                                      B18OCT   -                                
ADDON          SPECIFIED  LH0400  ADDON          EFF30SEP11                     
  1 * FRA-OS/SN/LX/LH-BFS/BRS/GLA/EDI/MAN/BHX/LON/VIE/DUB/                      
      BER/HAM/DUS/MUC/BSL/SNN/PAR/GVA/ZRH/BRU/AMS-LH-YMQ/                       
      YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                                   
  2 * FRA-LH-HAJ/CGN/STR/HAM/BER/DUS/MUC-OS/SN/LX/LH-BFS/                       
      BRS/GLA/EDI/MAN/BHX/LON/VIE/DUB/BER/HAM/DUS/MUC/BSL/                      
      SNN/PAR/GVA/ZRH/BRU/AMS-LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/                       
      PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                                                       
  3 * FRA-LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                        
  4 * FRA-SK/LH-STO/OSL/CPH-LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/PHL-                     
      AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                                                           
  5 * FRA-LH-HAJ/CGN/STR/HAM/BER/DUS/MUC-SK/LH-STO/OSL/CPH-                     
      LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                            
  6 * FRA-LH-ROM/MIL-LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/PHL-AC/CO/                      
      UA/LH-NYC                                                                 
>                                                 PAGE  2/ 4                    
>m
FQR 18                                                                          
  7 * FRA-LH-HAJ/CGN/STR/HAM/BER/DUS/MUC-LH-ROM/MIL-LH-YMQ/                     
      YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                                   
  8 * FRA-JK/TP/LH-MAD/BCN/LIS-LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/                      
      PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                                                       
  9 * FRA-LH-HAJ/CGN/STR/HAM/BER/DUS/MUC-JK/TP/LH-MAD/BCN/                      
      LIS-LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                        
 10 * FRA-SN/LX/LG/LH-VIE/MAD/BCN/LIS/ROM/STO/OSL/CPH/BFS/                      
      BRS/GLA/EDI/MAN/BHX/LON/MIL/DUB/BER/HAM/DUS/MUC/BSL/                      
      SNN/PAR/GVA/ZRH/BRU/AMS-LH-YMQ/YTO/YUL/YOW/YHZ/WAS/                       
      PHL-AC/CO/UA/LH-NYC                                                       
 11 * FRA-OS/SN/LX/LH-BFS/BRS/GLA/EDI/MAN/BHX/LON/VIE/DUB/                      
      BER/HAM/DUS/MUC/BSL/SNN/PAR/GVA/ZRH/BRU/AMS-LH-NYC                        
 12 * FRA-LH-HAJ/CGN/STR/HAM/BER/DUS/MUC-OS/SN/LX/LH-BFS/                       
      BRS/GLA/EDI/MAN/BHX/LON/VIE/DUB/BER/HAM/DUS/MUC/BSL/                      
      SNN/PAR/GVA/ZRH/BRU/AMS-LH-NYC                                            
 13 * FRA-LH-NYC                                                                
 14 * FRA-SK/LH-STO/OSL/CPH-LH-NYC                                              
 15 * FRA-LH-HAJ/CGN/STR/HAM/BER/DUS/MUC-SK/LH-STO/OSL/CPH-                     
      LH-NYC                                                                    
 16 * FRA-LH-ROM/MIL-LH-NYC                                                     
>
Transfers play a role:
Code:
18 ZNCZCN                   929 Z NRF S06DEC  12DEC+  +  +  3M R                
                                      B18OCT   -                                
FCL: ZNCZCN    TRF:   1 RULE: WBCF BK:  Z                                       
PTC: CMA-ADULT WITH COMPANI FTC: BRO-BUSINESS CLASS PROMOTIONAL                 
TF.TRANSFERS/RTGS                                                               

5 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE                                  
      3 FREE IN AREA 2 IN EACH DIRECTION                                        
      2 FREE IN AREA 1 IN EACH DIRECTION                                        
    FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED                       
     SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.                           
         NOTE -                                                                 
          UNLESS RESTRICTED BY ROUTING ATTACHED TO FARE                         
          RECORD
Just routing it FRA-VIE-JFK yields 24k HON miles for the return, add another xfer in Europe, fly to the southernmost gateway (FRA-VIE-IAD is 25k) and add a F leg (or two) stateside and you easily end up at 29k HON and a few more *A miles.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Just routing it FRA-VIE-JFK yields 24k HON miles for the return, add another xfer in Europe, fly to the southernmost gateway (FRA-VIE-IAD is 25k) and add a F leg (or two) stateside and you easily end up at 29k HON and a few more *A miles.
This is super and that means for something like 1.5 trips and about 2k Euros someone can easily become FTL and while enjoying the better service of C class..
I can fly on lowest available Y on official trips and I easily spend more time & money ( more like about 3.5k Euros atleast) for getting 35k miles .. All my trips routed between India and Europe ..
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:21 am

Hi oliver,

honestly I do not completely understand what you are writting / how to read the information...

I e.g. do not find how you found the FRA-VIE-JFK solution. Where is it listed? Or does "LH" in the sheets also mean OS/LX?

Would it be possible to use LX for the long longhaul?

Thank you!

Last edited by SebFra; Oct 11, 2011 at 7:31 am
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:47 am

The 2 for 1 A380 MUC fare is filed from all German cities to NYC and is valid on the A++ airlines (LH/OS/LX/AC/CO/UA/...) so you can use OS and LX too. @:-)
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by root66
To get 10k per RT you have to start from outside swiss connecting through swiss (eg. FRA-ZHR-FCO or MUC-ZHR-FCO). With such connections you have to stay at least 2 days too (at least from what i saw till now - looking for some MR through BSL/ZRH for next year too).

Here you get per flight 2000+500 miles - so just 10k miles for the 4 flights.
I did make some runs from GVA to BEG via ZRH with the actual promotions (50% on business upgrades) you get a total of 449.- chf for 8750 status miles.... (7000 + 25% bonus = 8750)

This is the best for me... in BEG the same plane and only 20 min wait....
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by kooks
I did make some runs from GVA to BEG via ZRH with the actual promotions (50% on business upgrades) you get a total of 449.- chf for 8750 status miles.... (7000 + 25% bonus = 8750)

This is the best for me... in BEG the same plane and only 20 min wait....
How do you get that price? isn't there a minimum stay for booking in P (Business Saver)?

I tried already many routings and dates through swiss.com website but i get a check flight back only 2 days later - on the same day no chance
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:09 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The companion Z fare as interesting routings available

Oliver, I can not locate that fare at all. If I search in Sabre for FRA-JFK on OS for example, I only get ZRCDEW for EUR 2584. Or is this fare only good for that one week in December as the MUC A380 special?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Oliver, I can not locate that fare at all. If I search in Sabre for FRA-JFK on OS for example, I only get ZRCDEW for EUR 2584. Or is this fare only good for that one week in December as the MUC A380 special?
Did you try to book for 2 persons too? This fare is not for single travelers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.