Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH email survey - new economy sleeper seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2007, 2:34 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
I think the smartest thing LH did was to declare this as a Y product. I think that it could prove very popular with business travellers whose companies are too stingy to let them fly C. Even with the 200€ surcharge, this should still be within the range of all but the most draconian corporate travel policies - and business travel is where the real money is made, after all.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 2:51 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Okay, page four of this thread. Will someone now please confirm that this is just a joke? They can't be serious, right?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 8:21 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
The hand luggage will be stored in the back of the cabin according to the survey.
Huh, looks like the bins were changed to LH-bags hanging from hooks. Or what are those? The amenity packs?
Would probably be a lot nicer if the beds were closed to at least one side. I reckon that the FAs have to be able to check on the passengers but some privacy would be more adequate. Even if this is thought to be a Y product, people would have to pay quite a bit (compared to a hostel-bed at least ) and too much of a hostel-appeal might decrease acceptance. Accordingly, I think that just offering snacks in the galley and no service otherwise is too close to no-frills carriers. After all, LH won't be the only one with this product on the market should they decide to launch it...
Old Jul 14, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Okay, page four of this thread. Will someone now please confirm that this is just a joke? They can't be serious, right?
It's an idea that they're floating, in all seriousness, to some of their frequent flyers.

I think the idea has some merit. You may think otherwise. But in the end, that's why this product will be optional. If you prefer the current Y configuration, that will still be available for you to book.

If you usually fly C or F, it's a moot point anyway. But for those of us stuck in Y, an idea like this would be a godsend (in my opinion, anyway) that I would happily pay 200€ for.

And that, after all, is what LH is trying to find out - whether or not there would be demand for such a product.

In any case, let's not forget that we're talking about a possible upgrade to the Economy product here - if we start examining it with the expectations we would have of a Business or First Class product, we're missing the point.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Just got an email from LH, asking me about taking part in their survey. It appears to be aimed at overnight intercontinental flights, specifically mentioned was FRA-SIN-FRA and FRA-JNB-FRA.

This is one of the question I found interesting:

what do you think? depends on the price probably, right?
It's probably a stacked cocoon / pod / "bunk bed" type of set-up, with a ladder to get up to your bed. I'd personally love this idea although landing might be a bit bumpy...
Old Jul 14, 2007, 9:22 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by alex0683de
I think the idea has some merit. You may think otherwise. But in the end, that's why this product will be optional. If you prefer the current Y configuration, that will still be available for you to book.
I am surpirsed about two things:
- to have a place where you can only lie down and not sit for 12 hours (and have no warm meal)
- that the economics of this will work for LH.

But then again, it is a concept and worth testing and this is what LH is doing. There certainly is no lack of imagination within LH product development. First the FCT, now this - they really try to change things.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 1:58 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
- to have a place where you can only lie down and not sit for 12 hours (and have no warm meal)
- that the economics of this will work for LH.
Allow me to draw your attention on the fact that your "two" things are basically only ...one:

You just happen to think that other people will share your POV that it is uncool "to have a place where you can only lie down and not sit for 12 hours (and have no warm meal)" and therefore (naturally I'd say) you're surprised "that the economics of this will work for LH" @:-)

Many posters here go around the same logic. But I have to warn you that (methodo)logically this is seriously uncool!
Old Jul 15, 2007, 2:51 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by andre1970
Many posters here go around the same logic. But I have to warn you that (methodo)logically this is seriously uncool!
Touché!
Old Jul 15, 2007, 3:32 am

Touché!
Is french allowed in this forum?
Old Jul 15, 2007, 3:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by alex0683de
I would book it in an instant. I don't care how crowded the sleeping area is - if I can actually lie down, I'll sleep like a baby. This would be 200€ I would gladly invest.
Same here - I can't even sleep in LH business class, due to the sliding effect!
Old Jul 15, 2007, 4:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Have you even tried their "warm meal" recently - it's half the size of what OS gives you intercontinental!

Secondly, it's so hopeless and tasteless, that it's not even worth eating...the "snack" (the dreaded *croissant* filled with "chicken" and another "thing" was served to me last night - went right back into the garbage - I had to do this myself, as the crew were missing for about 40 minutes with everyone "imprisoned" with their trays down) they serve you in Y is not even edible, let alone healthy!
Old Jul 15, 2007, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Secondly, it's so hopeless and tasteless, that it's not even worth eating...the "snack" (the dreaded *croissant* filled with "chicken" and another "thing" was served to me last night - went right back into the garbage - I had to do this myself, as the crew were missing for about 40 minutes with everyone "imprisoned" with their trays down) they serve you in Y is not even edible, let alone healthy!
Exactly. And since there will be a self-service snack area, the new concept doesn't mean that pax won't get anything to eat or drink. Actually, self-service sounds much better to me, as each pax can follow their own impulses instead of being "imprisoned" in Y for 40 minutes.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 6:07 am

Better ask Michelle! Also ask her why she hasn't posted here yet! @:-)
Old Jul 15, 2007, 6:13 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by andre1970
Better ask Michelle! Also ask her why she hasn't posted here yet! @:-)
Actually I haven't "seen" Michelle for quite a while. But then again, it is weekend and not the time for LH Relate. But there are a few things she could comment on. For example the dead horse in the SEN+ thread....
Old Jul 18, 2007, 6:53 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Lufthansa explores interest in proposed all-sleeper economy cabin

See yourself:
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...r-economy.html

or in German:
http://www.travelinside.ch/travelins..._objectID=3461

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.