Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by szg
Have a save flight !!
I am sure you mean "safe" !
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Anyhow, good luck, hch

EDDF 022100Z 022207 21007KT 9999 FEW045 TEMPO 2201 19015G35KT 3000 TSRAGR BKN020CB TEMPO 0104 4000 SHRA PROB40 TSRA BKN020CB PROB40 TEMPO 0306 3000 BR BKN008

(between 22 and 01 UTC: FRA gusts 35kt, visibility 3000m, thunderstorms, rain, hail, Cumulonimbus with a base at 2000 FT).

Edit: LH1361 just landed at FRA. hch is alive

How was the flight?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:52 pm

Since the thunderstorm seems to have moved from STR to FRA - I guess it is aus dem Regen in die Traufe - or vv for hch

It`s a blast here right now....

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
At MUC, there was not a single raindrop today (neither are some announced for this night)...

Edit:

Just heard on the radio that there are some victims because of the sturm south of STR:

http://www.swr.de/nachrichten/bw/-/i...ze2/index.html
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Sunny blue skies and perfect temperatures here, the Corvette was in good shape, as well. Of course I was going to fast, got pulled over, but still made it on time to see Bodyworlds 3 at the Science Center.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Unless hch has adopted TFM-style travel these days.
Originally Posted by rorschi
..Just heard on the radio that there are some victims because of the sturm south of STR..
WWIII underway ???
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:46 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by rorschi
Edit: LH1361 just landed at FRA. hch is alive

How was the flight?
The plane arrived, this doesn´t mean, that hch is alive !!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:04 am
hch

Yes, I'm a live and at the FCT now!

Flight was uneventful, no service because of expected turbulences, but not actually any major shaking. Lots of PAX were already rather drunk after spending over four hour in the lounge. One obviously drunk man got a warning from the lounge warden to keep quite downstairs otherwise he'd be stuck in STR for tonight. After we landed in FRA we had to wait a few minutes for airstairs to arrive and the drunk Pax started shouting awful things at the FAs

Got a car pickup and at the A arrivals a PA with a new BP for today and a voucher for the Sheraton was already waiting for me. Had to go to the F check-in to rebook my flight because the first one would have been a little too early and not let me sleep very much. IT problems were striking again and the rebooking took over 15 minutes and only completed after the agent reverted to the old LH check-in system.

FRA had a major mess too, tons of stranded PAX. The sheraton even opened the SPG line for regular pax with another longer line just for LH rebooked PAX. TG seems to have cancelled a flight as well as there were signs to a "TG layover dinner" room in the Sheraton.

Apparently lots of Longhaul flights destined for FRA diverted to other airports and only arrived late at night. FRA was still quite busy around 23:30.

Last edited by hch; Jun 3, 2008 at 12:10 am
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:44 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
He is alive !! ^
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:16 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Sunny blue skies and perfect temperatures here,
Great weather here as well. Since monitor and Franny shrugged off my invitation for terrace-dinner for yesterday night (they plead work overload in DC as an excuse) I had to follow four fresh french colleagues in Didier Virot's new restaurant in downtown Manhattan. Those poor guys, they've been here for about 6 months now and they have only visited french restaurants, tsk-tsk They claim that "young" french chefs in the US tend to be more creative, less conservative and learn faster than their counterparts in France. Whatever...

The truth is that the (less experienced) French mistakenly perceive the american pragmatistic approach to life/politics/food/younameit, as less baroque, liberated from the bells and whistles of (the boring) tradition, relating to minimalism and consequently more stylish! And the star (chef) system works perfectly in the US. Because in their turn, Americans behave as if they believe that all french people somehow possess of a special gene which magically/automatically renders the person more stylish, posh, helps develop a nose for wine and a taste for foie! So, the whole thing becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy

Of course, there are also non-french (star) chefs starting their career with an obvious handicap: they have the midwest accent instead of the french one But they always have the option to work harder! On their accent, that is... And if absolutely necessary, they can always invoke that distant french ancestor in the family tree from the war of independence era, as a proof for their talent.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Got op-upped on LH 4800 this morning. My 19th op-up on this flight (out of a total of ~ 30 flights on this service since 2007). ^
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The weather has been great all up and down the Northeast corridor and yesterday's in the DC area definitely has a place in anybody's compilation of the 10 best days of the year.

Sorry that we could not join andre1970 in his expedition to sample the work of Didier Virot. We ended up with some overcooked halibut in a new restaurant in Northern Virginia that the server boasted proudly was the offshoot of a Chicago operation. The third time that he declaimed on that subject, I found it necessary to inform him that the fish would have been somewhat better if it had been given less fire and implied that maybe Chicago was not the center of the culinary universe.

Franny says that she regrets the evening and wishes that she could have been in NY having dinner with andre1970. There will be a next time.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
From Spiegel.de

Auslastung europäischer Flugzeuge ist "alarmierend"
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:06 am
hch

Except for LH and OS of course. Didn't manage to a single seatblock in Y working over the last weeks as the flights were mostly full and if there were a few free seats they weren't next to me. Same problem with OS C (at least you have a guaranteed free seat on LH in C..)
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
NAT traffic down? Every plane across the pond is full of tourists on shopping trips... I was in NYC and Miami in the past few weeks and the place is buzzing with european shoppers... Last thursday/friday every third person in ORD was european

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.