Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-In for Air-Rail?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Check-In for Air-Rail?

I am doing a little milage run on the Airrail from FRA to ZWS.
I have a question: I know already my seat and I have got the tickets. Do I stiil need to check-in for the rides or can I just enter the train?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:50 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
You have to check in. Otherwise you will have the hell of a problem to get the miles credited, and additionally MAY get charged for the full train ticket on Board by Deutsche Bahn.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:54 am
Original Poster

ok. thx for the quick reply.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I will be arriving FRA via SQ. Where do I check in at for FRA-ZWS? I am not familiar with FRA airport, so any insight is appreciated.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Okay can someone explain this clearly to me:

I want to do FRA-QKL (Cologne rail station).

So I catch the train at FRA, where I "check in" - no problems so far. DO I automatically get checked in for the QKL-FRA segment as well?

Also, I am actually planning on nesting a few of these, meaning that some of the runs will have to start in QKL. Are there "check in" facilities there that are operated by LH? Or will I run into trouble?

I appreciate any clarification you can give me.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 4:21 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notsosmart:

So I catch the train at FRA, where I "check in" - no problems so far. DO I automatically get checked in for the QKL-FRA segment as well?

Also, I am actually planning on nesting a few of these, meaning that some of the runs will have to start in QKL. Are there "check in" facilities there that are operated by LH? Or will I run into trouble?

</font>
You can only get a BP for the Train rides at the LH AIRail checkin facility (On the way to the train station from T1, it's on your left - you can't miss it).

If your nested tickets are all on PNR, you may well be able to get all your BPs from the Quick Check-in machines at the AIRail check-in facility (At the end of the hall, at the "train station" end of the facility).

QKL does indeed have LH check-in facilities (So does ZWS).

Regards,
Alex

Old Sep 25, 2003, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Thank you, Alex. Exaclty what I needed to know.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
For the special biz class fare on LH Airrail FRA-ZWS, can I purchase it from LH CTO office? I assume this is a published fare.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 6:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
For the special biz class fare on LH Airrail FRA-ZWS, can I purchase it from LH CTO office? I assume this is a published fare.</font>
Yes; it's published, you can book it from any travel agent. LH CTOs will be able to sell it to you, not a problem.

Regards,
Alex

Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:56 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notsosmart:

</font>
The LH check in at QKL are downstairs in the middle of row/gate 10 ! There is also the customs declaration where you get your luggage when you check through from out the EC.

Old Sep 28, 2003, 9:56 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
At QKL and ZWS there are no check-in machines. Recently I did an Airail MR. One CSA smiled when he saw my itinerary. Later, the other one was quite snappy and denied issue of my bp for the second return FRA-QKL ("I can check you only in for this flight and you have to come back later.") and wrote down my name to ensure that I was factually on the train to FRA. BTW: Be aware that there is a check-in deadline at QKL. If you come in late from FRA the deadline could be passed. I would not wonder if this charming CSA pleasurably refuses checking you in because you are obviously on MR and check-in deadline has already passed. Vorschrift ist Vorschrift!
Old Sep 28, 2003, 2:53 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fradoc:
At QKL and ZWS there are no check-in machines. Recently I did an Airail MR. One CSA smiled when he saw my itinerary. Later, the other one was quite snappy and denied issue of my bp for the second return FRA-QKL ("I can check you only in for this flight and you have to come back later.") and wrote down my name to ensure that I was factually on the train to FRA. BTW: Be aware that there is a check-in deadline at QKL. If you come in late from FRA the deadline could be passed. I would not wonder if this charming CSA pleasurably refuses checking you in because you are obviously on MR and check-in deadline has already passed. Vorschrift ist Vorschrift!</font>
There is no deadline, a few weeks ago, my train from FRA arrived at 45 after the hour (about 40 minutes late), the train to FRA was supposed to leave at 53, but i managed to run down, get the BP and be back on the train.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 4:06 pm

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
No Quick check-in in ZWS? **** it!

I will see what happens next weekend.
I'm planning to do ZWS-FRA-ZWS-FRA on Friday and FRA-ZWS-FRA-ZWS on Sunday.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 4:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by daysleeper:
No Quick check-in in ZWS? **** it!

I will see what happens next weekend.
I'm planning to do ZWS-FRA-ZWS-FRA on Friday and FRA-ZWS-FRA-ZWS on Sunday.
</font>
There are two LH staffers there; they will check you in; no matter how many times they see you a day.

Remember to keep your boarding passes; LH will only automatically credit the first "flight" (once outbound, once inbound) a day for any given route. For the rest to post, you'll need to Fax the BPs in.

Regards,
Alex

Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:19 am

Didi you book your "flights" directly at LH or somewhere else?
Unfortunatly the dont offer the the business trip which gives you 4000 miles for 116 not any longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.