Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats going on with LH at MUC?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2003, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Whats going on with LH at MUC?

I just checked the MUC arrivals chart and found that all Lufthansaflights had been delayed or cancelled. I checked Berlin/Tegel homepage and LH was running normal there except the arrivals from München. There are two screenshots taken just now available here:

10-11: http://users.lindesign.se/~gosweede/10MUC0602.jpg

11-12: http://users.lindesign.se/~gosweede/11MUC0602.jpg

So can anyone enlighten me on what is going on?
Old Feb 6, 2003, 2:36 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Maybe bad weather is the reason. It snows in Munich since several hours.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 3:00 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
very heavy snow-falls now, three days in a row, not only around MUC, but along the whole European Alpine region. In Zürich more than 50 flights have been cancelled yesterday. So MUC not only has it's own airport- (snow) problem, but some incoming flights from Austria and Switzerland will also be delayed/cancelled.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 3:02 am
mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
yes, weather should be the reason: it is snowing heavily in bavaria since yesterday. this slows down the opretion significantly.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 3:39 am

I had already on Tuesday the same problem - my plane (LH837), scheduled to depart from DRS to MUC at 9:00am was still in MUC at 10am due to the weather ...
Old Feb 6, 2003, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
MUC in total cancelled/delayed 100 flights this afternoon
Old Feb 6, 2003, 4:17 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I must say that I really miss the sight of snow since moving down under.

Sometimes you can only imagine how nice it would be to jump into some snow while it is 45 degrees down here in the shadow. Then, you also forget about all the chaos this snow creates on German "Autobahnen" and airports...after all, maybe it's not too bad to have an endless summer...apart from the drought of course.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MUC had fog delays, cancelations, and missed flights many mornings this past week. Is this common for Feb, or winter in MUC? We did an unscheduled overnight as the UA plane never arrived from USA.

Is one better off transfering through FRA in winter?

When this mess happens in MUC, do not go to the transfer desks as instructed. The lines can be over an hour long. Go to the outside ticket counters.

[This message has been edited by slawecki (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:17 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
We did an unscheduled overnight as the UA plane never arrived from USA.

I guess, that this was more influenced by the winterstorm situation at the US east-coast than by local MUC's weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.